Donald Trump's Conspiracy Theories Are Making His Supporters Paranoid And Dangerous

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
At an Oct. 11 rally in Newton, Iowa, Mike Pence was confronted by a call for revolution.

ā€œIā€™m on social media all day, every day, non-stop since last June pushing Trump and one of the biggest things I can tell you that a lot of us are scared of is this voter fraud,ā€ a Trump fan named Rhonda told him. ā€œIā€™ll tell you just for me, and I donā€™t want this to happen, but for me personally, if Hillary Clinton gets in, Iā€™m ready for a revolution because we canā€™t have her in.ā€

ā€œDonā€™t say that,ā€ Pence said quickly, his hand wavering, his eyes on the floor.

ā€œBut Iā€™m saying it. Iā€™m like Trump!ā€ Rhonda replied.

This is not the first time Trump fans have threatened to take action if their candidate loses in November. Such threats date back to the primaries, when some Trump supporters began telling reporters that they would take up arms and form militias should their racist, sexist hero face defeat. The calls continued into the general election, when they were echoed by Trump advisors like Roger Stone, who proclaimed that there would be a ā€œbloodbathā€ if Trump loses. On August 1, following a crash in the polls, Trump himself proclaimed that the election was rigged, a claim he has repeated constantly since.

In Trumpā€™s universe, it is very easy to tell if an election is rigged, no proof required. An election is rigged if Trump loses. An election is fair if Trump wins. This is the same logic that propels Trumpā€™s selective embrace of polls, as he touts the right-wing sources which say he is winning as legitimate while deeming any poll showing he is losing to be invalid. Those other polls, he implies, are part of the conspiracy.

Scholars of authoritarian states have seen this pattern before. Paranoia is not only a trademark of an authoritarian leader, it is a method of movement buildingā€”one that is playing out at Trump rallies across the nation. As scholar Jonathan Bach writes, ā€œThe more paranoid a ruler becomes, the more essential it is that others share the rulerā€™s system of delusions and conspiracies ā€¦ The successful paranoid ruler will make the people share his paranoia, and they will feed on it together.ā€

Donald Trumpā€™s conspiracy theories are making his supporters paranoidā€”and dangerous
-------------------

How many of you armed Trump nutjobs are planning on doing something dangerous if he doesn't win?

At an Oct. 11 rally in Newton, Iowa, Mike Pence was confronted by a call for revolution.

ā€œIā€™m on social media all day, every day, non-stop since last June pushing Trump and one of the biggest things I can tell you that a lot of us are scared of is this voter fraud,ā€ a Trump fan named Rhonda told him. ā€œIā€™ll tell you just for me, and I donā€™t want this to happen, but for me personally, if Hillary Clinton gets in, Iā€™m ready for a revolution because we canā€™t have her in.ā€

ā€œDonā€™t say that,ā€ Pence said quickly, his hand wavering, his eyes on the floor.

This is not the first time Trump fans have threatened to take action if their candidate loses in November. Such threats date back to the primaries, when some Trump supporters began telling reporters that they would take up arms and form militias should their racist, sexist hero face defeat. The calls continued into the general election, when they were echoed by Trump advisors like Roger Stone, who proclaimed that there would be a ā€œbloodbathā€ if Trump loses. On August 1, following a crash in the polls, Trump himself proclaimed that the election was rigged, a claim he has repeated constantly since.

In Trumpā€™s universe, it is very easy to tell if an election is rigged, no proof required. An election is rigged if Trump loses. An election is fair if Trump wins. This is the same logic that propels Trumpā€™s selective embrace of polls, as he touts the right-wing sources which say he is winning as legitimate while deeming any poll showing he is losing to be invalid. Those other polls, he implies, are part of the conspiracy.

Scholars of authoritarian states have seen this pattern before. Paranoia is not only a trademark of an authoritarian leader, it is a method of movement buildingā€”one that is playing out at Trump rallies across the nation. As scholar Jonathan Bach writes, ā€œThe more paranoid a ruler becomes, the more essential it is that others share the rulerā€™s system of delusions and conspiracies ā€¦ The successful paranoid ruler will make the people share his paranoia, and they will feed on it together.ā€

Donald Trumpā€™s conspiracy theories are making his supporters paranoidā€”and dangerous
-------------------

How many of you armed Trump nutjobs are planning on doing something dangerous if he doesn't win?
well i'm just so busy clinging to my guns and religion to be worried about your silly poll.

you know what's paranoid and dangerous ? your avatar. :)

• Banned

-------------------

well i'm just so busy clinging to my guns and religion to be worried about your silly poll.

you know what's paranoid and dangerous ? your avatar. :)

Um, ok? :cuckoo:

I'm planning on blowing this forum up with all of you in it if he doesn't win. I'm going to direct message all Trump supporters to log out and then I'm locking the door on this bitch and blowing it up

It's not a consipiracy theory if it's actually happening. James O'Keefe's videos are rolling out just confirming what we already suspected all along. That the violence that initially occured at Trump rallies were planned and designed by progressives to run with the narrative that Trump supporters were violent.

Two rallies over did it though and the anti Trumpers were in violation of the law. That's the only reason this has toned down at all.

I'm planning on blowing this forum up with all of you in it if he doesn't win. I'm going to direct message all Trump supporters to log out and then I'm locking the door on this bitch and blowing it up

Yeah, there are no aliens voting illegally, well except the WI mall shooter and a few million of his friends.

:blahblah:
AAAAHHHH!! The sky is falling.
ChickenLittle.

It's not a consipiracy theory if it's actually happening. James O'Keefe's videos are rolling out just confirming what we already suspected all along. That the violence that initially occured at Trump rallies were planned and designed by progressives to run with the narrative that Trump supporters were violent.

Two rallies over did it though and the anti Trumpers were in violation of the law. That's the only reason this has toned down at all.

I gotta be honest .... when I see liberals go all hyper like this and get their panties in a wad .... I giggle.

I know ... that's not very masculine ... but they are just so damn FUNNY !!!

Is Hillary "inciting violence" at Trump events .... to help her push gun control later?

What a shock. Ace, were you there at Hillary's Goldman Sach speech event, where she was .... promising a US attack on Iran?

LOL!!!

Go to an investment bank... to talk about the finance business?? No. To promise WAR to a bunch of TRAITORS.

Forum List

Back