Donald Trump offers to Buy out Cordoba Mosque investor

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Donald Trump Offers To Buy Out Ground Zero Mosque

A developer put the invitation out this morning for a better offer on the Ground Zero Mosque site. Within hours, Donald Trump has answered.

Trump offered $6 million for the site, which last sold for $4.8 million, reports Bloomberg.

He writes:

I am making this offer as a resident of New York and citizen of the United States, not because I think the location is a spectacular one (because it is not), but because it will end a very serious, inflammatory, and highly divisive situation that is destined, in my opinion, to only get worse

Good for him but the article also said the guy wont sell for less than 18 million.

Last edited:
If anybody knows how the planning commission in NYC is rigged, it's The Donald. If they don't sell, I expect a lot of backroom dealing to make the planning and permitting process cause this atrocity to be permanently delayed.

What the Donald wants, the Donald shall receive.

18Bil is chump change to him. He'll have it financed 9 different ways by dinner.

$18B is not chump change to Trump; his net worth is "only" $2B.

The dollars are millions for the mosque property, not billions.

$18B is not chump change to Trump.

I'm not saying he can write a check, but he arranges much bigger deals than that every day of the week.

That being said, if he thinks the property is only worth 6-7B, he will walk away.

Think what you want of the guy, but when it comes to multi-billion dollar deals, there aren't many who can hold his jock....and certainly not many Americans.

Please look up the difference between a billion and a million.

Yes, I'm the one who posted that info, you ninny.

There is no way that even The Donald could get $18B worth of financing for a property that was last sold for less than $5M.

Yes, I'm the one who posted that info, you ninny.

There is no way that even The Donald could get $18B worth of financing for a property that was last sold for less than $5M.

He didn't offer 18B, so why would he try to finance it?

He obviously has 6B lined up though.

His offer was for $6 MILLION. Please, read and inform yourself.

Uhmmmm......
The article says his offer was 6 Billion (with a B).

Hell, if they'll take 18 Million (with an M) I can put that together and formally make the offer here and now.

PS....Please look up the difference between a Million and a Billion.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's a mistake. The property was purchased for $4.85 million in 2009.

Park51 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The building costs for"Freedom Tower" replacing the WTC are estimated to be $2B. It's ludicrous to think that this mosque project is several multiples of that amount.

The corrected figures are also in the link embedded in the article:

Is The Ground Zero Mosque Developer Actually A Shrewd Property Flipper?

I'm too smart to live in New York, but if the asking price is 18Million (with an M), I'll wager my house that no mosque will ever be built there and that this was all a ploy to flip a low priced property.

It's a mistake. The property was purchased for $4.85 million in 2009.

Park51 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The building costs for"Freedom Tower" replacing the WTC are estimated to be $2B. It's ludicrous to think that this mosque project is several multiples of that amount.

The corrected figures are also in the link embedded in the article:

Is The Ground Zero Mosque Developer Actually A Shrewd Property Flipper?

Thank you for the information, i'm going to edit the quote of the article in the OP to reflect this.

good luck mr. Trump. Dont really think much of you but this would solve the controversy

$18B is not chump change to Trump.

I'm not saying he can write a check, but he arranges much bigger deals than that every day of the week.

That being said, if he thinks the property is only worth 6-7B, he will walk away.

Think what you want of the guy, but when it comes to multi-billion dollar deals, there aren't many who can hold his jock....and certainly not many Americans.

If I were him, I would pay the inflated rate. The positive publicity would be reflected in a boost to his companies' values...

Forum List

Back