Donald Trump Made Up Stuff 71 Times In An Hour

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
And that’s counting the commercial breaks.

WASHINGTON — Critics of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign often complain about the way the media has reported on his candidacy. It is not just the incessant coverage that riles them. It’s the perceived lack of fact-checking.

Trump is known for making outlandish and dubious claims with little connection to the truth. The press corps, these critics argue, allows him to float along in a perpetual state of unreality.

The truth is, Trump is routinely fact-checked. It’s just that he makes so many statements in such a rapid and continuous fashion that it becomes virtually impossible to keep up.

On Wednesday, The Huffington Post assigned five and a half reporters to look into a roughly 12,000-word transcript of Trump’s town hall event on CNN the night before. It took us hours, but in all, we found 71 separate instances in which Trump made a claim that was either inaccurate, misleading or deeply questionable. That’s basically one falsehood every 169 words (counting the words uttered by moderator Anderson Cooper), or 1.16 falsehoods every minute (the town hall lasted an hour, including commercial breaks).

Below are our findings:

Much More: Donald Trump Made Up Stuff 71 Times In An Hour

Just more proof that Trump is a pathological/serial liar. It's about time that journalists are taking his chronic lies seriously and reporting them. Although his hardcore base will ignore the truth - it will at least have an impact on rational people.

Trump can't even keep his own lies straight - so how in the hell could he run America?

Not only that but he continually flip-flops on things. He came out today saying that women who get abortions deserve some kind of punishment but within a few hours, released a statement recanting that and claiming women who get abortions are victims and punishment should only apply to the abortionist.

Trump can't even keep his own lies straight - so how in the hell could he run America?

Not only that but he continually flip-flops on things. He came out today saying that women who get abortions deserve some kind of punishment but within a few hours, released a statement recanting that and claiming women who get abortions are victims and punishment should only apply to the abortionist.

He's also a liar and a choker.

Yep, and he can get away with it because his demographic is largely uneducated. Beyond that, members of the media are afraid of him and refuse to press him on his idiocy. The GOP establishment isn't much better, but then again their incompetence created Trump. If nobody will stand up to him, the bully gets his way.

Yep, and he can get away with it because his demographic is largely uneducated. Beyond that, members of the media are afraid of him and refuse to press him on his idiocy. The GOP establishment isn't much better, but then again their incompetence created Trump. If nobody will stand up to him, the bully gets his way.

I don't know about that. Chris Matthews just did a town hall with him and he had trump on his heels several times. Trump was very polite and accommodating as if he didn't want to get tripped up. Matthews pressed him hard and Trump couldn't answer without the help of his bluster. It was the most honest and most telling talk I've seen with Trump. Watch Morning Joe tomorrow for the play by play. It was interesting.

Yes Trump's an idiot and Hillary is lying piece of filth, Bernie lives in a pretend world, Bill Clinton is a rapist, G Bush was stupid. What's new?

I don't know about that. Chris Matthews just did a town hall with him and he had trump on his heels several times. Trump was very polite and accommodating as if he didn't want to get tripped up. Matthews pressed him hard and Trump couldn't answer without the help of his bluster. It was the most honest and most telling talk I've seen with Trump. Watch Morning Joe tomorrow for the play by play. It was interesting.

morning joe is a pos too along with his co host who is cheating on her husband

morning joe is a pos too along with his co host who is cheating on her husband

It was just a reference to more information. It wasn't meant as an endorsement. By all means, ignore it.

Yes Trump's an idiot and Hillary is lying piece of filth, Bernie lives in a pretend world, Bill Clinton is a rapist, G Bush was stupid. What's new?

Apparently not your education.
Thank god for that. I wasn't indoctrinated into the mindless 'Trumps a poopie face", "B Clinton is just a misunderstood feminist", "Hillary has no ties to wall street", "Bernies got 14.5 Trillion in his back pocket", "G Bush was a visionary that started the Arab spring". Independent thought what a concept.

WASHINGTON — Critics of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign often complain about the way the media has reported on his candidacy. It is not just the incessant coverage that riles them. It’s the perceived lack of fact-checking.

Trump is known for making outlandish and dubious claims with little connection to the truth. The press corps, these critics argue, allows him to float along in a perpetual state of unreality.

The truth is, Trump is routinely fact-checked. It’s just that he makes so many statements in such a rapid and continuous fashion that it becomes virtually impossible to keep up.

On Wednesday, The Huffington Post assigned five and a half reporters to look into a roughly 12,000-word transcript of Trump’s town hall event on CNN the night before. It took us hours, but in all, we found 71 separate instances in which Trump made a claim that was either inaccurate, misleading or deeply questionable. That’s basically one falsehood every 169 words (counting the words uttered by moderator Anderson Cooper), or 1.16 falsehoods every minute (the town hall lasted an hour, including commercial breaks).

Below are our findings:

Just more proof that Trump is a pathological/serial liar. It's about time that journalists are taking his chronic lies seriously and reporting them. Although his hardcore base will ignore the truth - it will at least have an impact on rational people.

lol i stopped there.

Below are our findings:

Hey you had NO problem with Obama TELLING YOU he was going TO LIE to you! You had to have read this:
Obama from his autobiography, "Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995 page 94 -95

"Of course either way you needed some luck. That's what Pablo had lacked, mostly, not having his driver's license that day, a cop with nothing better to do than to check the trunk of his car..
Or Bruce not finding his way back from too many bad acid trips, winding up in a funny farm.
Or Duke not walking away from that car wreck....

I had tried to explain some of this to my mother once, the role of luck in the world, the spin of the wheel.
It was at the start of my senior year in high school; she was back in Hawaii her field work completed and one day she had marched into my room wanting to know the details of Pablo's arrest.
I had given her a reassuring smile and patted her hand told her not to worry, I wouldn't do anything stupid.
It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed.

Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." Think about it... NOW we know why Obama has continually knocked the police...remember his statement in 2009...that the "Cambridge police acted stupidly"?
Doesn't this sound like when he was a Senior in high school describing the "cop with nothing better to do"?
Total disrespect for the law.
That's what we have for a president!
Think about it. Obama considers Pablo's arrest "bad luck"... not that Pablo wasn't obeying the law, but
BAD LUCK!

And of course OBAMA LIED when he said this:
And truly there WAS nothing to Obama's exaggerated and blown almost 100% out of proportion that there were 46 million uninsured Americans where there are truly less then 4 million that want and need health insurance. When Obama agreed AFTER ACA was signed oh... as Politifact states it was sloppy to include 10 million "illegal aliens" into the 46 million. But NO ONE seems to recognize that 14 million people didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid BEFORE ACA. ACA never needed for these 14 million just a competent Medicaid administration! So leaves 22 million.
Since when is it a requirement for the 18 million under 34 that made over $50K wanted health insurance. They don't. They don't need. They can afford.
BUT everyone seems to think that they should be included. WRONG they don't need to be to solve the "uninsured" problem!
10 million not citizens...Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
14 million didn't know qualified for Medicaid...http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
18 million under 34 don't WANT insurance...CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

And what about THESE...
1,063 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.
1,063 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc. - Freedom Outpost

Hey so WHAT then? I think at LEAST Trump is using his money couldn't say that about Obama who
has depended on Soros to tear our country apart!!!

Forum List

Back