Donald Trump Backing Off On Immigration??

Trump again reaffirms that he will allow illegals here to leave to their home countries, do a "touchback" and then file to come back in. No amnesty, no citizenship.

Hate to tell you Jim but Trump doesn't really know what he want about his immigration policy.
1. Touch back? How long do you think that will take place to process 12 millions illegals? Maybe years. While they are out of the country, no jobs and away from your family. How are they going to feed themselves or their families? And who will do they work while they are out of the country? What guarantee do they have that they still have the jobs when they came back? What made you think these illegals are willing to do that when there are no longer fear of being deported. So what's the point?
This is far more complex than what Trump is thinking.

2. If you don't give them amnesty. how are you going to make them pay taxes or track them? Most are not paying taxes now.

1. Yep. Touchback is doomed to fail. BUt if the illegals are dumb enough to fall for it, it might make it easier to deport them.

2. You don't track them, or have them pay taxes. They can pay taxes in Mexico.

Nonsense, Trump is softening his stand on immigration because it's hurting him in the general election. During the primaries, it won votes, during the general election, it will lose votes. He is going to do exactly what ever president has done for 50 years, selectively enforce immigration laws. I guess this will mean he's have to stop saying, "They all must go".

What somebody says they are going to do and what they actually do are two different things. I agree with you to the point he's saying what it takes to get votes. On the other hand, he doesn't want to lie to the Hispanic leaders that he's been meeting with about his candidacy.

If he can garner some support from them, and then goes full force to get rid of illegals within the law after elected, he can honestly say he didn't break any promises. And like I said, the laws we have now can be pretty effective provided they are enforced strongly enough.

For instance let's say he really goes after employers that hire illegals. What will the illegals here do if they have no income? They will have to get out of the country and go back home. Our oversight on employers has been more than lax. Politicians don't want to screw with the business leaders or hold them accountable. With one simple command, Trump can attack the problem on that front and again, break no promises to the Hispanic leaders of this country. That's just one of many avenues.

But but but but what about the wall? Anyone who bought that hogwash needs a new brain. Holy cow people are dumb.

Let me repeat the question..... What happened to his major policy about deporting 11 million illegals?
He fooled not only you but millions of Americans.

Again, after making those statements, he found deporting 11 million illegals is not as easy as snapping his fingers.

Each illegal has a court hearing before they can get deported. To process 11 million of them would take decades because of the volume and court availability alone. Trump likely didn't know that. And why focus just on Trump? Keep track of what Hillary says now in the general compared to what she said when she was running in the primaries.

All any presidential candidate can say is what they would like to do, not if it's possible or not with our complicated government structure. I'm sure there would be "free college" if Hillary could get away with it if elected, but she can't; at least not with a Republican house and approaching 20 trillion dollars in debt.

So are they lying? I don't think so. Misleading, yes, but all candidates do the same thing. Don't try to make Trump out as an anomaly in politics.

Trump again reaffirms that he will allow illegals here to leave to their home countries, do a "touchback" and then file to come back in. No amnesty, no citizenship.

Hate to tell you Jim but Trump doesn't really know what he want about his immigration policy.
1. Touch back? How long do you think that will take place to process 12 millions illegals? Maybe years. While they are out of the country, no jobs and away from your family. How are they going to feed themselves or their families? And who will do they work while they are out of the country? What guarantee do they have that they still have the jobs when they came back? What made you think these illegals are willing to do that when there are no longer fear of being deported. So what's the point?

2. If you don't give them amnesty. how are you going to make them pay taxes or track them? Most are not paying taxes now.

1. Yep. Touchback is doomed to fail. BUt if the illegals are dumb enough to fall for it, it might make it easier to deport them.

1. Touchback I assume would have to work along the lines of a) going back to their home country b) applying at the US consulate for a guest of work visa c) the consulate is going to use a black list to issue the passes if the person has nor criminal record, then d) the person would get a temporary work visa if he shows no criminal record and that he has civilian citizens as children. So, this could work with expedited work visa programs.

2. Not all illegals are from Mexico. Most are not. And they certainly can take a bill for their back taxes and fines and pay it off over time. Till then no guest worker visa.

Nonsense, Trump is softening his stand on immigration because it's hurting him in the general election. During the primaries, it won votes, during the general election, it will lose votes. He is going to do exactly what ever president has done for 50 years, selectively enforce immigration laws. I guess this will mean he's have to stop saying, "They all must go".

What somebody says they are going to do and what they actually do are two different things. I agree with you to the point he's saying what it takes to get votes. On the other hand, he doesn't want to lie to the Hispanic leaders that he's been meeting with about his candidacy.

If he can garner some support from them, and then goes full force to get rid of illegals within the law after elected, he can honestly say he didn't break any promises. And like I said, the laws we have now can be pretty effective provided they are enforced strongly enough.

For instance let's say he really goes after employers that hire illegals. What will the illegals here do if they have no income? They will have to get out of the country and go back home. Our oversight on employers has been more than lax. Politicians don't want to screw with the business leaders or hold them accountable. With one simple command, Trump can attack the problem on that front and again, break no promises to the Hispanic leaders of this country. That's just one of many avenues.

I agree, however, enforcing the law is not as easy as it might seem. The last major raids on illegal hiring occurred in 1998 in Georgia when INS raids netted over 4,000 pickers being illegally employed. The result was 90 million dollars of onions sat rotting in fields. Farmers were quick to contact their representatives in Congress demanding relief and they got it. There has been no large raids since then.

If you deny farmers and other employers that depend on low wage illegal employees, then they must raise prices to attraction legal workers. However, that often is just not possible. So congress will continue to protect these businesses by seeing that funds are not allocated for a fast E-Verify system, more ICE agents to monitor and enforce the law. Congress as well as the administration must be willing to see the law enforce, otherwise nothing will change.

I wouldn't look for Trump to come down on employers hiring illegals since he's been doing it for years. I haven't seen mention of arresting employers in his illegal immigration policy, and I don't think it will happen.

That is not what your CON MAN is proposing.
1. Mexican will not fall for this kind of bs bullshit from Trump.
2. Then ask you CONMAN what stopping him deporting these illegals.
Aside from that you are an idiot with an IQ of a moron.

Last edited:
I agree, however, enforcing the law is not as easy as it might seem. The last major raids on illegal hiring occurred in 1998 in Georgia when INS raids netted over 4,000 pickers being illegally employed. The result was 90 million dollars of onions sat rotting in fields. Farmers were quick to contact their representatives in Congress demanding relief and they got it. There has been no large raids since then.

If you deny farmers and other employers that depend on low wage illegal employees, then they must raise prices to attraction legal workers. However, that often is just not possible. So congress will continue to protect these businesses by seeing that funds are not allocated for a fast E-Verify system, more ICE agents to monitor and enforce the law. Congress as well as the administration must be willing to see the law enforce, otherwise nothing will change.

I wouldn't look for Trump to come down on employers hiring illegals since he's been doing it for years. I haven't seen mention of arresting employers in his illegal immigration policy, and I don't think it will happen.

It may if hiring illegals can get you arrested, but more than likely it's a court appearance and fines.

As far as Trump hiring illegals, the birth of this came about from a 1979 situation where he hired a construction crew to demolish a building to put up Trump Towers. He didn't go through the employee list of the people who worked for that construction company, and who would? From Politifact:

Our ruling

Rubio said Trump "hired from Poland and he had to pay a million dollars or so in a judgment."

It was Trump’s contractor, not Trump himself, who hired 200 undocumented Polish workers to demolish a building to make room for Trump Tower in Manhattan. Trump said he didn’t know. The lawsuit sought $1 million in damages, and a judge ruled that Trump had to pay $325,000 plus interest.

But the case was appealed and before it was retried, Trump settled the case out of court, so it’s unclear how much he ended up doling out.

Rubio’s statement is partially accurate but missing that context. We rate Rubio’s claim Half True.

None

If we Americans have to pay more for our produce, then I say by all means, we pay more if it helps solve this illegal problem.

When we discuss outsourcing, the first thing the left says is it's worth paying more for American made products because it produces American jobs. So we should have import taxes to force more manufacturing here, and we will just have to pay more for our television sets. But for some reason (ahem) they are worried about what our peaches would cost by having Americans do those jobs. It seems a bit hypocritical to me. You want Americans to be forced to pay an extra $1,000 for their big screen, but are concerned we might have to pay $3.25 a pound for tomatoes instead of a $1.85 a pound?

Let's be totally honest here. Democrats want these illegals in this country so when they gain power either in house or the Supreme Court, they can grant amnesty and allow them to vote, and it's no secret how they will vote. Democrats could care less what we pay for lettuce at the grocery store.

Yay, for little Donny!

A particular flash point has been whether to forcibly deport an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants from the country, a move Trump long advocated but is now reconsidering.

“He has been listening to a wide range of opinions on that,” said former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, who has been at Trump’s side nearly constantly over the past week. “As you might imagine, there are different opinions on this, even in his campaign. In a very thoughtful way, he’s trying to figure what the right position is.”

“By the way,” Giuliani added, “that’s what everybody criticized him for in the past: that he’s not able to do that. He actually is able to do that.”

Apparently we're supposed to applaud him as if he were a toddler doing his business in the potty for the first time.

Trumpoopy_zpsaqle5af9.jpg

There is no reason to have onions rotting the fields.

Onion Equipment - Harvesters and WindRowers

Send illegals back.

1. I agree. As an offer it is BS. Illegals will not trust it, even if it is sincere. Which I would hope it would not be.

2. NOt being president yet, I assume. IF elected, he said he will enforce the laws ie deport the foreign job stealers.

3. re: con man. Fuck you.

Yay, for little Donny!

A particular flash point has been whether to forcibly deport an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants from the country, a move Trump long advocated but is now reconsidering.

“He has been listening to a wide range of opinions on that,” said former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, who has been at Trump’s side nearly constantly over the past week. “As you might imagine, there are different opinions on this, even in his campaign. In a very thoughtful way, he’s trying to figure what the right position is.”

“By the way,” Giuliani added, “that’s what everybody criticized him for in the past: that he’s not able to do that. He actually is able to do that.”

Apparently we're supposed to applaud him as if he were a toddler doing his business in the potty for the first time.

Trumpoopy_zpsaqle5af9.jpg

1. I agree. As an offer it is BS. Illegals will not trust it, even if it is sincere. Which I would hope it would not be.

2. NOt being president yet, I assume. IF elected, he said he will enforce the laws ie deport the foreign job stealers.

3. re: con man. Fuck you.

Yes, charwin is an idiot and a troll.

It is good to have idiots like him speaking for the Democrats.

Despite the repeated assertions of the presstitutes, Trump is not "softening" or "backing down" on illegal immigration.

Trump doesn't strike me as having any ideology other than doing whatever is best for Trump. Thus I take the news that he is softening his stance on immigration as he's deciding how to play it to best pacify both sides. Which is what compromise is all about, compromise that the Democrats have been asking for all these years. I really don't see him as a racist. I'm no doctor but since everybody is making diagnosis these days I don't feel bad about laying out my prognosis that he simply suffers from foot-in-mouth disease.

Trump doesn't strike me as having any ideology other than doing whatever is best for Trump. Thus I take the news that he is softening his stance on immigration as he's deciding how to play it to best pacify both sides. Which is what compromise is all about, compromise that the Democrats have been asking for all these years. I really don't see him as a racist. I'm no doctor but since everybody is making diagnosis these days I don't feel bad about laying out my prognosis that he simply suffers from foot-in-mouth disease.
Trump is not a rigid ideologue, but he knows he has to keep his word for it is the first currency of any businessman.

HE will at least require a touchback to the home country to apply for legal status from there and NO citizenship and they have to pay all back taxes and fines with no Earned Income Credit eligibility.

Deport the illegals, bring back the manufacturing jobs, and STOP fucking with Russia.

That is what is best for America.

It may if hiring illegals can get you arrested, but more than likely it's a court appearance and fines.

As far as Trump hiring illegals, the birth of this came about from a 1979 situation where he hired a construction crew to demolish a building to put up Trump Towers. He didn't go through the employee list of the people who worked for that construction company, and who would? From Politifact:

Our ruling

Rubio said Trump "hired from Poland and he had to pay a million dollars or so in a judgment."

It was Trump’s contractor, not Trump himself, who hired 200 undocumented Polish workers to demolish a building to make room for Trump Tower in Manhattan. Trump said he didn’t know. The lawsuit sought $1 million in damages, and a judge ruled that Trump had to pay $325,000 plus interest.

But the case was appealed and before it was retried, Trump settled the case out of court, so it’s unclear how much he ended up doling out.

Rubio’s statement is partially accurate but missing that context. We rate Rubio’s claim Half True.

None

If we Americans have to pay more for our produce, then I say by all means, we pay more if it helps solve this illegal problem.

When we discuss outsourcing, the first thing the left says is it's worth paying more for American made products because it produces American jobs. So we should have import taxes to force more manufacturing here, and we will just have to pay more for our television sets. But for some reason (ahem) they are worried about what our peaches would cost by having Americans do those jobs. It seems a bit hypocritical to me. You want Americans to be forced to pay an extra $1,000 for their big screen, but are concerned we might have to pay $3.25 a pound for tomatoes instead of a $1.85 a pound?

Let's be totally honest here. Democrats want these illegals in this country so when they gain power either in house or the Supreme Court, they can grant amnesty and allow them to vote, and it's no secret how they will vote. Democrats could care less what we pay for lettuce at the grocery store.

With produce, the US farmer is often selling into a large market that covers the country as well as foreign countries. Also his competition is national as well as international. So it the farmers in California have to pay 50% more for labor, he's not going to be able to sell his products in many places in the US as well as abroad. I seriously doubt that Americans will pay 50% or even 25% more for US grown produce.

Well, I usually vote Democrat and will in this election, but that doesn't mean I want more illegals in the country. There are lots of ways of handing the problem other than building walls and deporting millions of people. Prosecuting employers that hire illegals is one way. Creating a path to citizenship for those that have lived a crime free life in the US and maintain employment is another. The visa programs needs to be revamped. It takes far to long and too expensive for a Mexican family to visit family members in the US. Work visa renewals should be easier and shouldn't take 3 to 6 months to renew. Reminder notices should be sent out 6 months before expiration. The State Dept. stared a good program over a year ago to inform people in Mexico and other Central American countries, the problems they face entering the US illegally. This program should be extended and expanded.

There are over 56 million legal Latin-Americans in the US. With or without 8 or 9 million illegals, the number of Latin-Americans will grow rapidly over the next 50 years because of their higher birth rate and legal immigration. Republicans need to become more inclusive. Building walls around the country, real or figuratively and deporting millions of people is not the way. This countries needs two parties. If Republicans continue as they are not, they will become irrelevant by the middle of this century.

Last edited:
There are over 56 million legal Latin-Americans in the US. With or without 8 or 9 million illegals, the number of Latin-Americans will grow rapidly over the next 50 years because of their higher birth rate and legal immigration. Republicans need to become more inclusive. Building walls around the country, real or figuratively and deporting millions of people is not the way.
They will not be able to compete with robotic labor and the Hispanic community will see its birthrates drop as they move into the middle class like everyone else. These projections of majority Hispanic populations by 2050 and all that is static analysis that stupidly assumes that current rates will stay constant for 50 years.

Horse shit.

They will regret their anti-white policies very much by 2030 and will be tacking toward White Nationalism like the racial whores they are because that is what racial whores do.

Forum List

Back