Don McGahn to defy congressional subpoena

He should ignore it , or at a least, go and then deny to give testimony. Remember, he was counsel for 'Office of the Presidency'. That is different than POTUS personal attorney.

-Geaux

• Banned
Should you have ignored and defied a subpoena, what do you think might happen to you?

or deleted 30,000 emails?

-Geaux

That is not the question. What do you think (if you ever do) would happen to you if you ignored and defied a subpoena.

McGahn has not yet received the subpoena, it seems one will be issued today. If he does, a warrant may be issued for his arrest, and the Bar Association may revoke his bar card, and rightly so.

Should you have ignored and defied a subpoena, what do you think might happen to you?

-Geaux

That is not the question. What do you think (if you ever do) would happen to you if you ignored and defied a subpoena.

McGahn has not yet received the subpoena, it seems one will be issued today. If he does, a warrant may be issued for his arrest, and the Bar Association may revoke his bar card, and rightly so.
I think he should go then say nothing. Put the failure to appear to bed.

-Geaux

Close to 300 people were shot this weekend in towns run by democrats. And they want to ask a guy more questions after he gave 30 hours of testimony.. lol

If you vote for democrats you are going to hell

Hillary has set the recent precedent by destroying subpoenaed smart devices and the oft cited 33,000 emails. Nothing happened to her. Beside that, Liberals seem to forget that Mueller interviewed McGhan for over 30 hours which is an absurd amount of time. Are Democrats saying now that Mueller was incompetent and they do not believe his findings?

He should ignore it , or at a least, go and then deny to give testimony. Remember, he was counsel for 'Office of the Presidency'. That is different than POTUS personal attorney.

-Geaux

So, you too believe the POTUS and his underlings are all above the law. What else is someone to conclude?

If you and others are listening to ranking member Rep. Collins, who is making an opening statement, he is clearly defending the POTUS and blaming the Democrats.

Subpoenas will be issued and we will see a Constitutional Crisis, all because the right wing has control of the Republican Party, which has now crossed the line and kept and iron curtain protecting Trump from the truth.

-Geaux

I think he should go then say nothing. Put the failure to appear to bed.

-Geaux

Contempt of Congress is in Mr. McGhan's future, see:

How is a contempt finding enforced?

Explainer: How powerful are Congress subpoenas, contempt citations? - Reuters

The Supreme Court said in 1821 that Congress has “inherent authority” to arrest and detain recalcitrant witnesses.

In 1927, the high court said the Senate acted lawfully in sending its deputy sergeant-at-arms to Ohio to arrest and detain the brother of the then-attorney general, who had refused to testify about a bribery scheme known as the Teapot Dome scandal.

I think some rich Democrats might prefer to lose elections than pay higher taxes.

Why Are Democrats So Scared of Impeachment?

"Like all of his predecessors, Trump took an oath on Inauguration Day pursuant to Article I, Clause 3 of the Constitution to 'take care' that the laws of the nation be faithfully executed.

Trump has violated that oath in myriad ways, by:

Defying the oversight authority of Congress.

Attempting to obstruct the Mueller investigation.

● Using the presidency to enrich himself, his family and the Trump Organization in violation of the Constitution’s 'emoluments clause.'

● Refusing to defend the Affordable Care Act, imperiling the health insurance available to millions of Americans
Undermining environmental protections and pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement, endangering the health and safety of generations.

● Reneging on the Iran nuclear deal, bringing the nation to the brink of another war in the Middle East.

● Refusing to enforce the Voting Rights Act, promoting voter suppression and sowing racial hatred and resentments.

● Promising tax relief for middle-class and working families, but sponsoring a massive giveaway to the superrich.

● Incarcerating undocumented children in cages, and declaring a national emergency to fund his border wall.

"Through it all, he has lied incessantly about these and other misdeeds, much as Nixon lied about Watergate. Nixon was cited for deceiving the public in the Articles of Impeachment ratified by the House Judiciary Committee in 1974. Trump should be as well.

"All things considered, the real issue is not whether Trump should be impeached, but when and how impeachment should unfold.

"As for when, there is no better time than the present. Trump and Barr show no signs of relenting in their crusade to expand presidential power. The sooner they are put on the defensive, the better."

Trump should just announce he is finished indulging them in their witch hunt. If they think they can succeed with an impeachment, go ahead but they do so at their own political peril. Personally, I hope they try.

-Geaux

Beat me to it

cloth_or_something3.jpg

I would expect to be brought to court and sued to give me a chance to explain myself and why the subpoena was unlawful.

And that's probably what will happen in Mr. McGahn's case

Forum List

Back