Dolphins players take a knee

Un
I am not denying that they have the right to do what they are doing.

I have said that dozens of times in this thread, you moron.

You are using that to cowardly avoid dealing with what I am actually saying.

Also, fuck you.
The only way you can attack their protest is by appealing to motive. That is what you are doing and it is a logical fallacy.

Their protest is kneeling, ie the opposite of standing, during the national anthem. That is an expression of disrespect. Obviously.

I am not attacking their protest. I am attacking THEM, for being anti-American pieces of shit.
Henry David Thoreau, was he an anti-American piece of shit? Clearly you think anyone who sympathizes with a person's right to refuse allegiance to the government is.

1. The flag is not a symbol of the government but the nation as a whole, and all of it's citizens.

2.The kneelers are refusing allegiance to their fellow citizens, while still benefiting from being citizens. They are thus disloyal elements without our nation. That is a problem.

2b If they renounced their citizens ship, to a nation they obviously deplore, that would be fine.

3. But thank you for admitting that this is about refusing allegiance. So many of your fellow libs are lying about that.
I am not objecting to their exercising their right to speech. I am judging them on what they are saying.

The entire defense of these pieces of anti-American shit, rests on lying about what our complaint about them is.

Complain as much as you wish. It changes nothing.

This is a discussion forum. You have over 5 thousand posts, so you dismissing my posting of my opinion is not credible. Dismissed.

They are not anti American. They individually pay more taxes to support this corrupt government than you will earn in two lifetimes.

During an unity ritual, where standing is done to show Patriotism, they instead do the exact opposite of standing.

They are anti-American pieces of shit.

The ability to protest peacefully is part of the right of being an American citizen in case you didnt know it. And what they are "saying" is part of the right to free speech. That is not a lie. It 8s a truth that you are too obtuse to comprehend.

When their employers, decided to back them on this, then indeed, they were well within their rights to "say" what they are saying.

This is no longer in contention. That you lefties keep bringing it up, is because you know that your claim that their actions do not reveal their anti-Americanism is so absurd that constantly hurling strawmen is the only way you can defend their actions.

They are kneeling at a time when standing is called for to show respect.

THat is not me "setting a standard". but me pointing out the obvious meaning of their actions.

So you're a "master of the obvious"? Anyone who posts here knows that it is a discussion forum, Einstein.

I did not "dismiss" your posting your opinion(no matter how absurd), about anything.

It's part of the right to free speech, just like the NFL players are exercising.

Rather than continue a futile attempt to make sense to the likes of you, the following is a statement by the court, regarding a case where draconian thinking individuals like you were unfortunately responsible for the administration of a school district, These school officials actually threatened students who did not salute the flag with expulsion and other punitive actions. And the students knew their rights.

"True patriots welcome dissent and protest, even when it touches the flag. To the Court, true patriots recognize that the U.S. is strong enough to appeal to people on its own, without mandates from above: “To believe that patriotism will not flourish if patriotic ceremonies are voluntary and spontaneous, instead of a compulsory routine, is to make an unflattering estimate of the appeal of our institutions to free minds.”

So based on that observation by legal professionals, this has nothing to do with one leaning left or right, as you often foolishly attempt to illustrate.

The glaring fact here is that YOU are sure as hell no "patriot" and are far more "Anti American" than those who choose not to stand and salute the flag.

Do you think that Patriotism is flourishing in this nation?

Do you think it should flourish?

A live and let live society that obeys the laws of the land and repects the rights of others, IS patriotic in my opinion.

Rituals do not necessarily define patriotism.

But mutual respect and actions that support the rights that come with being a citizen in this country,does

Ok. Using the normal definition of the word,

Patriotism - Wikipedia

"Patriotism or national pride is the ideology of love and devotion to a homeland, and a sense of alliance with other citizens who share the same values. This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects. "

do you think that Patriotism is flourishing in this nation?

Un
The only way you can attack their protest is by appealing to motive. That is what you are doing and it is a logical fallacy.

Their protest is kneeling, ie the opposite of standing, during the national anthem. That is an expression of disrespect. Obviously.

I am not attacking their protest. I am attacking THEM, for being anti-American pieces of shit.
Henry David Thoreau, was he an anti-American piece of shit? Clearly you think anyone who sympathizes with a person's right to refuse allegiance to the government is.

1. The flag is not a symbol of the government but the nation as a whole, and all of it's citizens.

2.The kneelers are refusing allegiance to their fellow citizens, while still benefiting from being citizens. They are thus disloyal elements without our nation. That is a problem.

2b If they renounced their citizens ship, to a nation they obviously deplore, that would be fine.

3. But thank you for admitting that this is about refusing allegiance. So many of your fellow libs are lying about that.

This is a discussion forum. You have over 5 thousand posts, so you dismissing my posting of my opinion is not credible. Dismissed.

They are not anti American. They individually pay more taxes to support this corrupt government than you will earn in two lifetimes.

During an unity ritual, where standing is done to show Patriotism, they instead do the exact opposite of standing.

The ability to protest peacefully is part of the right of being an American citizen in case you didnt know it. And what they are "saying" is part of the right to free speech. That is not a lie. It 8s a truth that you are too obtuse to comprehend.

When their employers, decided to back them on this, then indeed, they were well within their rights to "say" what they are saying.

This is no longer in contention. That you lefties keep bringing it up, is because you know that your claim that their actions do not reveal their anti-Americanism is so absurd that constantly hurling strawmen is the only way you can defend their actions.

THat is not me "setting a standard". but me pointing out the obvious meaning of their actions.

So you're a "master of the obvious"? Anyone who posts here knows that it is a discussion forum, Einstein.

I did not "dismiss" your posting your opinion(no matter how absurd), about anything.

It's part of the right to free speech, just like the NFL players are exercising.

Rather than continue a futile attempt to make sense to the likes of you, the following is a statement by the court, regarding a case where draconian thinking individuals like you were unfortunately responsible for the administration of a school district, These school officials actually threatened students who did not salute the flag with expulsion and other punitive actions. And the students knew their rights.

"True patriots welcome dissent and protest, even when it touches the flag. To the Court, true patriots recognize that the U.S. is strong enough to appeal to people on its own, without mandates from above: “To believe that patriotism will not flourish if patriotic ceremonies are voluntary and spontaneous, instead of a compulsory routine, is to make an unflattering estimate of the appeal of our institutions to free minds.”

So based on that observation by legal professionals, this has nothing to do with one leaning left or right, as you often foolishly attempt to illustrate.

The glaring fact here is that YOU are sure as hell no "patriot" and are far more "Anti American" than those who choose not to stand and salute the flag.

A live and let live society that obeys the laws of the land and repects the rights of others, IS patriotic in my opinion.

But mutual respect and actions that support the rights that come with being a citizen in this country,does

Patriotism - Wikipedia

"Patriotism or national pride is the ideology of love and devotion to a homeland, and a sense of alliance with other citizens who share the same values. This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects. "

The portion of the definition that states:

"This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects."

I believe it should flourish within the spirit of the above individualism, because while everyone does not share the same cultural, political or ethnic history, in my opinion it is patriotic to respect individual differences.

If the laws of the land enforce everyones rights in that aspect, it could more consistently flourish.

Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

The kneelers qualify as patriotic on all of those counts.

NFL: Colin Kaepernick thanks Miami Dolphins duo for kneeling during anthem

Colin Kaepernick has thanked Miami Dolphins duo Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson after they kneeled during the US national anthem on Sunday.

It comes after Nike decided to use Kaepernick as the face of a new campaign.

Kaepernick was the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem to highlight racial injustice.

It seems to be impossible to discuss this protest in a rational way on this board.Clearly there are deep issues here that should be addressed but the reaction of the President and his attack dogs have made this impossible.

I dont know how representative the racist posters on the "race relations" forum are of America as a whole but it looks like the civil rights movement drove the racism underground and that hatred still exists.

Why cant the US leave the hatred in the past ?

People who post in this section of this site are not representative of most of America. They are on the extreme of either end of the spectrum for the most part. Believe that.

Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

"This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects."

I believe it should flourish within the spirit of the above individualism, because while everyone does not share the same cultural, political or ethnic history, in my opinion it is patriotic to respect individual differences.

If the laws of the land enforce everyones rights in that aspect, it could more consistently flourish.

I did not ask what you thought it should be, I asked you if you think that today, in the American that has been following the legal precedent you cited,

is Patriotism flourishing in this nation? As predicted by the legal authority you cited.

Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

I did not ask what you thought it should be, I asked you if you think that today, in the American that has been following the legal precedent you cited,

is Patriotism flourishing in this nation? As predicted by the legal authority you cited.

You in fact DID ask if I think that
patriotism should flourish.

Below I cut and pasted your
question exactly as it was asked:

"Do you think that Patriotism is flourishing in this nation?
Do you think it should flourish?"

I answered that it should. And included my reasons for thinking that it should,
and how it should.

But in the current environment, I do not think that it is

Last edited:
Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

The kneelers qualify as patriotic on all of those counts.

Bullshit.

Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

and how it should.

And instead of answering my question, based on the formal definition I provided, you instead offered your opinion on what you would like to see.

I asked a simple question. And you refused to answer it.

Now if I draw the obvious conclusion as to why, you will spend pages claiming that you did not do it, because of that, while not offering any alternative reason.

All part of the normal deflection and distraction bullshit that the Left is always using,

because you know that you are lying.

The kneelers kneel, thus expressing their anti-Americanism.

That is the truth, which is why you are playing word games. To hide from the truth.

The government is representative of the nation as a whole, it derives its powers from the consent of the governed. The flag represents a social relationship, in that you are correct.
They are protesting the social relationship. They are protesting your disloyalty to them. You see, loyalty is a two way street and you do not uphold your end of the bargain.

You are critical of government and your fellow Americans, why don't you renounce your citizenship?
It is about social conditions. It merely manifests itself in a practical manner as a refusal of allegiance, which is their inherent right as Americans.

Un

Patriotism - Wikipedia

and how it should.

And instead of answering my question, based on the formal definition I provided, you instead offered your opinion on what you would like to see.

Now if I draw the obvious conclusion as to why, you will spend pages claiming that you did not do it, because of that, while not offering any alternative reason.

All part of the normal deflection and distraction bullshit that the Left is always using,

That is the truth, which is why you are playing word games. To hide from the truth.

It is obvious that you are not capable of comprehending what you read, and have some kind of childish agenda here to twist what I said in an attempt to yet again make this about your obsession with categorizing people according to your definition of what "left or right" looks like.

The only games going on here are those that you are playing.

I told you very clearly in my answer, that "I think patriotism should flourish", and because I DECIDED to, I also stated what I think it SHOULD look like.

Why?

Because YOU continue to define the NFL players as "Anti American". And will obviously go to any length to make a point that has no merit.

The fact that I will not engage in your attempt to make your point by asking me

a question,
then trying to manipulate my answer by misrepresenting it, does not make me a liar. It makes you a dishonest sneak, with no integrity.

You are more anti American than ANY of the players are for labeling them, in order
to elevate your own fake "patriotism" because they are exercising their rights in a lawful and peaceful manner.

You're a small minded, moralizing hypocrite.

Last edited:
The government is representative of the nation as a whole, it derives its powers from the consent of the governed. The flag represents a social relationship, in that you are correct.
They are protesting the social relationship. They are protesting your disloyalty to them. You see, loyalty is a two way street and you do not uphold your end of the bargain.

You are critical of government and your fellow Americans, why don't you renounce your citizenship?
It is about social conditions. It merely manifests itself in a practical manner as a refusal of allegiance, which is their inherent right as Americans.

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "social relationship". It is a symbol of our nation as a whole. The government is really not relevant to the issue.

2. I am not disloyal to them. THey are my fellow Americans. When they are not actively expressing their disloyalty to me, I wish them well.

3. I am critical of the government and many of my fellow Americans. But I still consider myself an American, and as such address policy and issues with the goal of the improving the interests of Americans as a whole.

If I was so opposed to my fellow Americans, that I, not only felt that I could not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, that I had to take the step of disrupting THEIR loyalty ritual with a public and active expression of DISLOYALTY,

then, yes, it would be time to stop accepting the benefits of a group I not only did not consider myself a member of, but actively hated.

4. They have the right to refuse to express allegiance. And of course, I have a right to judge them on their position on the matter, and the fact that they went so far as to do so during our unity ritual.

Patriotism - Wikipedia

and how it should.

It is obvious that you are not capable of comprehending what you read, and have some kind of childish agenda here to twist what I said in an attempt to yet again make this about your obsession with categorizing people according to your definition of what "left or right" looks like.

I told you very clearly in my answer, that "I think patriotism should flourish", and because I DECIDED to, I also stated what I think it SHOULD look like.

Why?

Because YOU continue to define the NFL players as "Anti American".

And as Ive told you I do not believe that they are.

The fact that I will not engage in your attempt to make a point by asking a question then trying to manipulate my answer does not make me a liar. It makes you a dishonest sneak, with no integrity.

You are more anti American than the players are for labeling them because they are exercising their rights. They are all head and shoulders above the likes of you on their worst day.

I was not trying to manipulate your answer. I merely wanted you to use the actual definition of words.

I am not labeling the kneelers for "exercising their rights". I am labeling them based on their expressed disloyalty.

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "social relationship". It is a symbol of our nation as a whole. The government is really not relevant to the issue.
If your intent is to make this an issue about our nation as a whole (a social relationship) you cannot separate government from the whole, it is entirely relevant. Especially in light of the fact that policing, a government function, is in large part a focus of the social injustice being protested.

and how it should.

Why?

The fact that I will not engage in your attempt to make a point by asking a question then trying to manipulate my answer does not make me a liar. It makes you a dishonest sneak, with no integrity.

You are more anti American than the players are for labeling them because they are exercising their rights. They are all head and shoulders above the likes of you on their worst day.

I was not trying to manipulate your answer. I merely wanted you to use the actual definition of words.

I am not labeling the kneelers for "exercising their rights". I am labeling them based on their expressed disloyalty.

Peacefully protesting is not disloyalty. And yes, you attempted to manipulate my answer, in an effort to play your own word games.

Art Thiel: There’s a difference between dissent and disloyalty | HeraldNet.com

Last edited:
If your intent is to make this an issue about our nation as a whole (a social relationship) you cannot separate government from the whole, it is entirely relevant. Especially in light of the fact that policing, a government function, is in large part a focus of the social injustice being protested.

It is not I that is making this about our nation as whole.

The flag have been the symbol of our nation, since it had thirteen stars.

Indeed, FLAGS have stood for NATIONS, for thousands of years. That is their POINT.

It is absurd that you libs pretend to not know this.

Indeed, FLAGS have stood for NATIONS, for thousands of years. That is their POINT.

This entire argument is predicated on you pretending to not understand why the players are protesting.

and how it should.

Why?

Peacefully protesting is not disloyalty.

Art Thiel: There’s a difference between dissent and disloyalty | HeraldNet.com

If someone asks you to wave your hands to show support for Trump, and you put your hands in your pockets,

are you showing support for Trump?

This entire argument is predicated on you pretending to not understand why the players are protesting.
It is a distraction and a way to discredit their protest, all at the same time. Unfortunately, a lot of people bought it.

NOt at all.

NOthing in my argument, is based on their stated reason at all.

My point is about the meanings of their actual actions.

THink of it this way,

this could be seen as an ad for beer.

BudLightGirls.jpg

But some girl complained it was sexist, would you respond that they have a right to advertise beer?

It is a distraction and a way to discredit their protest, all at the same time. Unfortunately, a lot of people bought it.

No, it is not.

Forum List

Back