NFL Gives Apparent Hate Hoax Second Life

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Oct172020

Hate hoaxes are so common because they are an effective means of acquiring sympathetic attention — sometimes even after they have been exposed.
Readers will recall that Althea Bernstein claimed to have been set on fire by racist white frat boys during a black supremacist riot in Madison last June. Unsurprisingly, authorities found it impossible to corroborate her story, though they certainly tried.
For being oppressed, Althea got to be queen for 15 minutes. Meghan Markle and her adjutant Prince Harry called her on the telephone. Good Morning America featured her for adoration.
The party couldn’t last forever. Via Breitbart:
By October 2, the Madison Police Department released a statement, saying, “after an exhaustive probe, detectives were unable to corroborate or locate evidence consistent with what was reported.”
The case was also investigated by the FBI and the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Both agencies agreed with the local police. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Wisconsin ultimately said that “after reviewing all available evidence, authorities could not establish that the attack, as alleged by the complainant, had occurred.”
After that, press access to Althea was cut off, presumably to guard against the remote possibility that anyone from the mainstream media would follow up after her story had collapsed. Her 15 minutes were over.
Or maybe not:
[A]lmost two weeks after Bernstein’s case was dismissed by every agency that investigated her claims, the NFL was pushing the young woman as an example of “inspiring change.”
Why not? If Nike could pass off Colin Kaepernick as an athlete who sacrificed his career for leftist politics (he was a fading benchwarmer before he started with the kneeling theatrics), the NFL can present Althea Bernstein as an inspirational victim of racism. Beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to finding support for the Black Lives Matter narrative.

All links highlighted

They don't even try anymore....un friggin real ..

cwv.jpeg

Oct172020

Hate hoaxes are so common because they are an effective means of acquiring sympathetic attention — sometimes even after they have been exposed.
Readers will recall that Althea Bernstein claimed to have been set on fire by racist white frat boys during a black supremacist riot in Madison last June. Unsurprisingly, authorities found it impossible to corroborate her story, though they certainly tried.
For being oppressed, Althea got to be queen for 15 minutes. Meghan Markle and her adjutant Prince Harry called her on the telephone. Good Morning America featured her for adoration.
The party couldn’t last forever. Via Breitbart:
By October 2, the Madison Police Department released a statement, saying, “after an exhaustive probe, detectives were unable to corroborate or locate evidence consistent with what was reported.”
The case was also investigated by the FBI and the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Both agencies agreed with the local police. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Wisconsin ultimately said that “after reviewing all available evidence, authorities could not establish that the attack, as alleged by the complainant, had occurred.”
After that, press access to Althea was cut off, presumably to guard against the remote possibility that anyone from the mainstream media would follow up after her story had collapsed. Her 15 minutes were over.
Or maybe not:
[A]lmost two weeks after Bernstein’s case was dismissed by every agency that investigated her claims, the NFL was pushing the young woman as an example of “inspiring change.”
Why not? If Nike could pass off Colin Kaepernick as an athlete who sacrificed his career for leftist politics (he was a fading benchwarmer before he started with the kneeling theatrics), the NFL can present Althea Bernstein as an inspirational victim of racism. Beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to finding support for the Black Lives Matter narrative.

All links highlighted

They don't even try anymore....un friggin real ..

View attachment 403379
It figures.:(

NFL promotes a hoax while it IGNORES the TRUTH..........which we are hearing here in Oz.

Greg

The US is now divided into TWO groups; those who love America and those who love Karl.

Sad but the Dems have sold out.

Gregge sports are creeping toward the edge too
Great post. What bums me out is how radical pro sports organizations have become. I don't even watch any more except for golf. And now college sports are creeping toward the edge with a lot of help from ESPN and all the bogus, annoying commercials they air, pandering to the fantasy of systemic racism. These new age Marxists are getting old. Vote Republican to restore our country.

The US is now divided into TWO groups; those who love America and those who love Karl.

Sad but the Dems have sold out.

Gregge sports are creeping toward the edge too
Great post. What bums me out is how radical pro sports organizations have become. I don't even watch any more except for golf. And now college sports are creeping toward the edge with a lot of help from ESPN and all the bogus, annoying commercials they air, pandering to the fantasy of systemic racism. These new age Marxists are getting old. Vote Republican to restore our country.
They won't let me Vote....I tried claiming Voter Supression at the Consulate but they're adamant; they say I am NOT the unknown love child of a US General and a secret wife!!!!! I thought I was on a winner with that. Damn!!!

Greg

Hoaxes only hurt the cause of those folks.

But they do not seem to understand that.

They prefer to get their 15 minutes of fame in the Dem media (e.g,, that "actor" in Chicago).

There's no empirical evidence that hate hoaxes are common. Ton of evidence that hate crimes are common, though. The supply of fake hate crimes exceeds the demand for them on the right.

Forum List

Back