DOJ asked to investigate ID voter laws

why dont you go get the list of studies and we can check them.

You see just picking the study you like the results of and ignoring all the others is not really using all the information is it?

This is what cons do, they cherry pick the facts so they can build castles in the sand

that is exactly what you are doing. You ignore any information anyone in this thread posts that goes against your own predetermined mindset.

Voter Identification Laws Were a Success in November - WSJ.com
In the first place, numerous academic studies show that voter ID had no effect on the turnout of voters in prior elections. The plaintiffs in every unsuccessful lawsuit filed against such state requirements could not produce a single individual who didn't either already have an ID or couldn't easily get one.
Second are the figures emerging from the November election. If what liberals claimed was true, Democratic voters in states with strict photo ID requirements would presumably have had a much more difficult time voting, and their turnout dampened in comparison to other states. Well, that myth can finally be laid to rest.

The two states with the strictest voter ID requirements are Indiana and Georgia. Both require a government-issued photo ID. According to figures released by Prof. Michael McDonald of George Mason University, the overall national turnout of eligible voters was 61.6%, the highest turnout since the 1964 election.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an opinion piece silly

numerous studies... is an opinion?
overall national turnout of eligible voters was 61.6%, the highest turnout since the 1964 election... is an opinion?

Really?
Then prove them false.

What studies are named so you can go check them?

the only one I saw is a voter turnout study which showed voter turnout increase amoung African American voters in 2008.

Gee big surprize that record numbers of black people would in the first election that they could have voted for a black man huh?

are you going to ignore every study that shows stricter voter ID requirements do not affect voter turnout at all, and have even increased it? Of course you are.

Voter ID Laws: A Legal No-Brainer

Heritage in not an unbiased source.

Go get the study they are refering to.

just as unbiased as Brown.

Links are in there, try clicking on them.

BTW... the guy that did the study?
Hans A. von Spakovsky is a visiting legal scholar at the Heritage Foundation. He is also a former commissioner on the Federal Election Commission and counsel to the assistant attorney general for civil rights at the Department of Justice.

post 201

I just went to the site they claim that study is on.

They lied ,the a Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies has no stduy that says that.

That is why if you read sites like the Heritage foundation you are getting bad information

post 202

some people who writes stuff lie

the only one I saw is a voter turnout study which showed voter turnout increase amoung African American voters in 2008.

Gee big surprize that record numbers of black people would in the first election that they could have voted for a black man huh?

So from what you're saying is that voter ID law's didn't stop anyone from voting.

So from what you're saying is that voter ID law's didn't stop anyone from voting.
Correction: It didn't stop any citizens from voting.

That's a bad thing, apparently.

that article of yours mentions studies and then doest say anythoing about how to check the studies to see if you come to the same conclusion the author of the article comes to.

Its how the right works to lie to you all day long.

You just lap it up like pablum

that article of yours mentions studies and then doest say anythoing about how to check the studies to see if you come to the same conclusion the author of the article comes to.

Yet, the 'studies' you posted demonstrate that voter turnout of citizens actually increases while non-citizens are prevented from voting.

You do know that is a good thing, right?

So you really are going to claim that the 2008 election didnt have any effect of turnout and that turnout was ONLY effected by ID laws and nothing else?

See how full of lies the right is

So you really are going to claim that the 2008 election didnt have any effect of turnout and that turnout was ONLY effected by ID laws and nothing else?

See how full of lies the right is
Just because you make shit up in your head about what another says doesn't mean another lied.

However, when voter turnout of citizens increases and that of non-citizens (illegal voters, by the way) decreases, that is a good thing.

"The two states with the strictest voter ID requirements are Indiana and Georgia. Both require a government-issued photo ID. According to figures released by Prof. Michael McDonald of George Mason University, the overall national turnout of eligible voters was 61.6%, the highest turnout since the 1964 election." HUH!!?!! not looking so good for your argument now is it

TM...I have many times showed you how the studies you cite in your posts are quite "one sided' and i would identify exactly how they mislead the reader into thinking the "study" or the "poll" was two sided without actually saying it is.
In other words, I would show you how the langauage used allows you tot think one thing and if they are called on it it easy to say "we didnt mean that, it was misread".

Yet you ignore my explanatiuon and continue to cite the study as "science" and "fair and balanced"

So it seems you are the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:

TM...I have many times showed you how the studies you cite in your posts are quite "one sided' and i would identify exactly how they mislead the reader into thinking the "study" or the "poll" was two sided without actually saying it is.
In other words, I would show you how the langauage used allows you tot think one thing and if they are called on it it easy to say "we didnt mean that, it was misread".

Yet you ignore my explanatiuon and continue to cite the study as "science" and "fair and balanced"

So it seems you are the pot calling the kettle black.

Semper Fi!

Just another one of TDM's bullshit threads.

Wish I had a dollar for every thread she's put on this board with Voters being denied the right to vote by the Reps as the subject matter.

She really needs to get a life.

Moron.

Wish I had a dollar for every thread she's put on this board with Voters being denied the right to vote by the Reps as the subject matter.

Moron.

Yeah. I'm new here, but I am already starting to learn who is willing to actually debate, vs. spout partisan nonsense (from either side of the aisle).

Moron.

Yeah. I'm new here, but I am already starting to learn who is willing to actually debate, vs. spout partisan nonsense (from either side of the aisle).
TM is well-established as an idiot. Personally, I think she may really be a brilliant right-wing poster.

But, there is no reason to believe me, and if you did, I would have to wonder why. You'll discover on your own. Enjoy. USMB is a great exercise in developing one's sense of humor and one's zen.

Moron.

TM is well-established as an idiot. Personally, I think she may really be a brilliant right-wing poster.

But, there is no reason to believe me, and if you did, I would have to wonder why. You'll discover on your own. Enjoy. USMB is a great exercise in developing one's sense of humor and one's zen.

Zen political posting. Interesting concept ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Moron.

Welcome to the board.

I know you'll enjoy yourself. You might get sworn at and called a few choice names but its all in how you take it. LOL

Forum List

Back