DOJ Appeals Trump Judges Special Master Ruling

Barr will be around until he retires.
His salary, benefits and pension are important to him.
Why is this so hard to grasp?
Because he is in no danger of losing any of it if he supports Trump. Plenty of people formerly in the government do.

Because he is in no danger of losing any of it if he supports Trump. Plenty of people formerly in the government do.
I don't know; he doesn't want to take flack from anybody wherever he goes, including family.
His life is not as simple as ours.

Of course I know.
Less than 50,000...gyms, airports and the rest are mostly people who have it on in the background and aren't really watching.
Fox News is the most watched cable news network.

Never mind. This is too stupid to continue discussing.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
I don't know; he doesn't want to take flack from anybody wherever he goes, including family.
His life is not as simple as ours.
Dude, he is WILLIAM BARR. The guy presented a report of a special prosecutor in such a way that that special prosecutor and 2 judges said he was misrepresenting the findings. The guy that stepped in on court cases involving Trump allies in such a way that the prosecutors resigned in protest on 2 separate occasions. The guy that acted as Trump's personal attorney way more than an AG on multiple occasions. His going on FOX news and not towing the Republican line doesn't expunge that. Nobody that gives him flack will all of a sudden consider him an honest guy.

So?
It's not watched.
I actually watch CNN and MSNBC because they are funny!
So if it’s not watched (which is stupid) then whatever people say on it makes no difference in ratings and therefore Barr wouldn’t be fired because his statement would be irrelevant to them.

Congrats. You beat yourself in this argument.

They must try to make her look bad because they are terrified of what will be revealed.
What a bunch of nonsense. The purpose of a special master is to prevent confidential information from being revealed.

Dude, he is WILLIAM BARR. The guy presented a report of a special prosecutor in such a way that that special prosecutor and 2 judges said he was misrepresenting the findings. The guy that stepped in on court cases involving Trump allies that the prosecutors resigned in protest on 2 separate occasions. The guy that acted as Trump's personal attorney way more than an AG on multiple occasions. His going on FOX news and not towing the Republican line doesn't expunge that. Nobody that gives him flack will all of a sudden consider him an honest guy.
The guy who doesn't want to commit suicide by two bullets to the back of the head.
Take a sniff of smelling salts.
He had to do what he was ordered to do.
If you think he wrote or said anything without a committee, it's obvious you never worked for any level of government.
BTW, you may post, "misrepresenting", but lawyers have ways of making actions look quite innocuous in the long run.

If Fox only towed the line, they wouldn't be Fair and Balanced.
Fox has several Liberals who are overt assholes in order to maintain their Fair and Balanced banner.

So if it’s not watched (which is stupid) then whatever people say on it makes no difference in ratings and therefore Barr wouldn’t be fired because his statement would be irrelevant to them.

Congrats. You beat yourself in this argument.
I just posted that many people have Fox playing without sound just to give it ratings to piss off Liberals.
You are way too emotionally invested in your ideology.
These events will not bother you when you eventually learn that neither party gives a shit about you.

So post who these ideological commentators are, and why they think the ruling is ridiculous.
On my side I have Harvard law Professor Dershowitz, who said the special master is essential because we can't trust the DOJ, and Jonathan Turley, Georgetown Law Professor, who said the DOJ overplayed their hand.
In another defeat for the Justice Department, a federal court has ordered not just the appointment of a Special Master but halted the use of the seized Mar-a-Lago documents by prosecutors until the legal status of these documents is established (The ongoing intelligence security review of classified material can continue). As with the compelled release of a redacted affidavit, the Justice Department seriously overplayed its hand (as it did in earlier filings) in claiming that an appointment would undermine national security and making extreme, unestablished legal arguments. The ruling by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon will not necessarily change the ultimate trajectory of the case but it will force critical reviews and rulings on issues from attorney-client privilege to executive privilege.
Turley said the DoJ was defeated by the ruling. Premature.

Now Turley is OK as long as he doesn't pull out his pito.

1. 8 USC 793,1519,2071 are most definitely criminal statutes. Those are the statutes the FBI claim they suspect Trump to have broken.

2. Only if you believe that a) his reputation will be affected by this in a negative way and a special master will convince those that are doubtful that a special master will make the evidence more trustworthy. (doubtful considering the fact that so many still believe the election was stolen despite ZERO success in court and dozens of recounts and audits speaking to the contrary.) And b) That running for president somehow means that you deserve special protections under the law.

3. Sure we'll have to wait and see. I'm just pointing out that Cannon literally made up case law and ignored established judicial procedure AND precedent in order to come to her conclusions.

4. Both Dershowitz and Turley are wrong in my opinion. I'll just commentate on what Turley said.

He pointed out that the national security assessment can continue. Why is he so sure? First of all the FBI is enjoined now. How does that work with witnesses for instance? You can bet your bottom dollar the national security assessment will involve them questioning every person they can identify to have entered the rooms where documents where held. What if that questioning uses the documents and exposes proof of a crime. Can the FBI use that testimony in the context of the criminal investigation? Or could a Trump lawyer claim that since the FBI wasn't allowed to use the documents in the criminal investigation that testimony should be supressed? The Cannon ruling didn't adress how an agency can both not look at documents in one capacity but can look in another.
1. Are those the ones that Hillary and Trump had no "intent" of breaking, and no prosecutor would indict?

2. Claiming Trump stole, or mishandled, or was "careless" with classified documents can only hurt Trump's chances in 2024. I'm a Desantis fan, so I'm ambivalent about this PRA shit.
1662675963479.png

3. Dershowitz and Turley both agree that a special master is "essential" since Garland's DOJ can't be trusted. So your "case law, judicial procedure, and precedent" references are bullshit. The appeal process will sort things out. Should be interesting.

4. You aren't getting what the judge said.
The FBI & DOJ are stopped until the special master determines which documents they can see.
The DNI can look thru the classified documents to see what impacts they may have on national security, if any.
For example, Trump declassified the documents related to FBI Operation Crossfire-Hurricane, and Operation Crossfire-Razor. Both were illegal Obama admin spying operations on the Trump campaign. Documents related to these operations do not affect national security even though they were aggressively over-classified.

5. The democrats just wanted to grab all the documents that they could and look thru them for any "evidence" the J6 committee would like.

I just posted that many people have Fox playing without sound just to give it ratings to piss off Liberals.
You are way too emotionally invested in your ideology.
These events will not bother you when you eventually learn that neither party gives a shit about you.
Inventing bizarre implausible excuses to defend Trump is a bad look. You are in the cult.

Forum List

Back