Dog meat

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Festival of yulin is underway in China. The annual dog meat festival. Culinary feast, every recipe all using dog meat

The Festival of yulin, in China, just started under high tension. This culinary rally where thousands of dogs are tortured, burned or skinned alive and eaten br...ings together a stronger opposition every year throughout the world, including even in the heart of China! Thus has formed a lobby Chinese mighty tempting to put an end to the practice. It must be said that nearly 30 million Chinese have a domestic dog and do not wish to see him finish in brooch.
A lot holding up the argument of the cultural exception. However, it is at the very heart of China that is organized the fight today. Just like female genital mutilation, forced marriage or cannibalism are decreasing in the world, the violent cultural practices and barbarians are doomed to extinction in favour of a respect for the basic rights of the persons concerned.
It is possible to support this movement of internal developments in China by making a also external pressure on the Chinese government. This is the goal of this video involving several personalities of the cinema.
Obviously, this fight global spares no nothing westerners to cope with their own cultural inconsistencies in terms of food production which extreme violence is too often camouflaged behind the walls of slaughterhouses. Without forgetting of course, that in France, bullfight and gavage are also brandies as "cultural exceptions"...
Source: https://mrmondialisation.org/a-yulin-on-sapprete-a-massacr…/
The Foundation: http://www.animalhopeandwellness.org/
Video: Sugar Studiosla / www.SugarStudiosLA.com

Eating dogs is their culture, and we have no right to condemn it. If they were killing humans and eating them, we should draw the line there.

Far, far more people oppose that festival than take part in it. Many millions in China have voiced opposition to the festival and the treatment of those animals. This year, a very large number of Chinese people have gone to the festival to purchase and rescue the animals. You will be hard pressed to find a Chinese citizen under the age of 40 who has or would eat dog meat under normal conditions.

not just the eating but the abuse of the dog they are going to kill. If a cows tail is pulled before slaughter animals activists are yelling at the top of their lungs.

not all of the dogs "raised" for their meat, no health codes for dogs, no standard of cleanliness...........

this is not the poor eating dogs but high cuisine involved.

Far, far more people oppose that festival than take part in it. Many millions in China have voiced opposition to the festival and the treatment of those animals. This year, a very large number of Chinese people have gone to the festival to purchase and rescue the animals. You will be hard pressed to find a Chinese citizen under the age of 40 who has or would eat dog meat under normal conditions.

I'm for saving the dogs, but the irony is that more attention will be paid to the animal abuse over the human abuses in the country.

These other humans are more savage than us. One day soon, we might have to accept that under horrific circumstances.

A few years ago I befriended a Chinese exchange student who was renting a spare room from my neighbor while attended college.

He like to talk with me about various topics as a way to improve his english language skills.
Plus he also read the local newspaper every day.

One day he showed up at my door with newspaper in hand and asked to talk to me. I replied "sure" and invited him in. He sat down, opened the paper, pointed to a front page article and said, "is this a joke"?

The news story he was referring to was about a local man who was convicted of animal abuse to a dog and was sentenced to 6 months in jail.

When I told him it was true and that a person could go to prison in America for cruelty to a dog. He looked at me in utter amazement and just shook his head in disbelief.

No doubt he had quite the tale to tell his friends when he went back to China. ........ :cool:

Last edited:
A few years ago I befriended a Chinese exchange student who was renting a spare room from my neighbor while attended college.

He like to talk with me about various topics as a way to improve his english language skills.
Plus he also read the local newspaper every day.

One day he showed up at my door with newspaper in hand and asked to talk to me. I replied "sure" and invited him in. He sat down, opened the paper, pointed to a front page article and said, "is this a joke"?

The news story he was referring to was about a local man who was convicted of animal abuse to a dog and was sentenced to 6 months in jail.

When I told him it was true and that a person could go to prison in America for cruelty to a dog. He looked at me in utter amazement and just shook his head in disbelief.

No doubt he had quite the tale to tell his friends when he went back to China. ........ :cool:

Lie. Bullshit, made up, poorly-written fiction.

Festival of yulin is underway in China. The annual dog meat festival. Culinary feast, every recipe all using dog meat

When the republican party finish cutting ssi, medicare, unemployment and food stamps...Well, most of our poor and old population that can't afford normal food will be eating their dogs.

Nearly
too many eat cat or dog food now

Forum List

Back