Does welfare make people lazy?

They have employees. That doesn't mean they create the jobs.

But you're a simpleton, so maybe you need a picture drawn for you?

yea you're right. they don't create jobs. people just show up for to the buildings and they give them a paycheck. :cuckoo:
Indeed. It's a simple concept that businesses exist to provide goods and services and so that the employer AND employees profit from providing it...but is just so far beyond comprehension for so many...it's just frightening.

I love it when people who think it is acceptable to sponge off the government to live try to give economic and business advice. kind of like a city slicker try to give advice how to birth a cow and raise crops.

yea you're right. they don't create jobs. people just show up for to the buildings and they give them a paycheck. :cuckoo:
Indeed. It's a simple concept that businesses exist to provide goods and services and so that the employer AND employees profit from providing it...but is just so far beyond comprehension for so many...it's just frightening.

I love it when people who think it is acceptable to sponge off the government to live try to give economic and business advice. kind of like a city slicker try to give advice how to birth a cow and raise crops.

or computer nerds claiming they know more about running the govt. than those in office???

Agreed. Idiocy on parade.

or computer nerds claiming they know more about running the govt. than those in office???
Actually? We do. Our guide is the Constitution...something ALIEN to your dumbass.

Learn It, Live It, KNOW it.
icon14.gif

It doesnt matter what you consider it, you knew about it and lied about it to create a narrative

I have found no requirement for welfare recipients to apply for jobs in order to receive benefits.

Please post it for me if you can find it.

If you can't I suppose you'd be the liar.

Why you're the one who acknowledged there was that requirement. Why did you agree with it if its not true? Do you disagree with your past self?

I made the mistake of assuming the post I responded to was accurate. BTW you made that same mistake didn't you?

After looking for such a requirement I have found none. So now why don't you call the poster who put that erroneous statement on the board a liar?

Last edited:
It's silly to think that paying people to do nothing will make them lazy.

Would you say that paying people ANY amount of money will cause them to become lazy and stop looking to better themselves?

What if they were only being paid $10 month? Would $10/month be enough to cause someone to stop working and stop trying to improve their situation?

10 a month?

If you were really trying a reduction to the absurd you should have used 1 cent a month.

So this is the pattern Iamwhatiseem and Spiderman says some shit. I ask them to prove it. They either insult and/or refuse to prove it.

Calls everyone stupid for not believing them

Is that any different than 95% of the "true conservatives" on this site?

I repeat I have looked and can find no requirement that welfare recipients apply for jobs in exchange for benefits please post a link to the regulation stating so if you can find it.

You won't get the answer Spidey, as usual the low information bobble heads do not know that Obama removed the work requirement.

Welfare roles
1961 before the welfare state was established....less than 1 million families.
1971 - 3 million
1981 - 4 million
1994 - 5 million....welfare reform 1994
2001 - 1.75 million

2013 - Obama President - 3.875 million

To get paid $4 an hour

Yes, the unskilled and uneducated get paid minimum wage, not $4 a hour.
And the Mexicans around here get paid $8-10 a hour.
Because they have MORE SKILLS than many Americans.
Something about supply and demand.
We have a large supply of unskilled and uneducated Americans and no demand for them.
Something about personal responsibility for you to educate yourself for WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS.

Hispanics come here to make more money. $4 an hour is more money. Many dont get minimum wage until they are legal.

So you asked why do hispanics come here. For $4 an hour jobs which is more than they can make at home and for the chance to become Americans and earn even more money.

You wont find one hispanic outside of Home Depot getting $8-10 an hour

And the Easter Bunny is bringing candy to you shortly.
We have a LARGE Hispanic community in Ga. The ones that stand out by the road looking for work ask for $8 a hour for labor to start.
Labor.
The ones that fill the chicken processing plant, "Legal", start at $11 a hour.
Americans will not work for $11 a hour.
I live in a town for 32 years 40 miles north of Atlanta.
Real world, myths are what media writes.

My neighbor is Hispanic. Lives in a 400K home.
Started with nothing, owns a landscaping company.
Was an "illegal".
Hispanics have a work ethic. They do not ask for handouts.

Additionally, when someone gets a job no one has the option of "working enough to keep getting welfare". Either you work when scheduled or hit the road

I own a business, do you? No you don't... In fact I'm wondering if you have ever worked.

I schedule people not by what I would like them to work but rather what they are available to work. I have to find people that care less about parties on the weekends but oddly they might have kids... kids they have to pick up from school or do whatever the fuck they want to do with them. Meaning no, no single employee that I have works any hours I schedule simply because I want them to work certain hours.

Maybe I should run my business like a liberal and just fire people that can't work the hours
Obviously you dont know how business works. When you hire someone you ask them to work and they have the option of listening to the boss or telling him he has better things to do. Then the boss works extra hours to make up for missing or "too busy to work" I tell them too... Like CC would do.

When I ran my business, if you did not work I put someone in your place to work and you found a new job....

Obviously you dont know how business works. When you hire someone Avory gives them the option of working or not. Either way they still have a job and if Avory has to work extra hours to make up for no show employees then thats how it goes

Thats how Avory does business...the "correct" way. Now point and laugh at Avory :lol:

I have found no requirement for welfare recipients to apply for jobs in order to receive benefits.

Please post it for me if you can find it.

If you can't I suppose you'd be the liar.

Why you're the one who acknowledged there was that requirement. Why did you agree with it if its not true? Do you disagree with your past self?

I made the mistake of assuming the post I responded to was accurate. BTW you made that same mistake didn't you?

After looking for such a requirement I have found none. So now why don't you call the poster who put that erroneous statement on the board a liar?

Check the page before this one and my response to Bedowin, read it over and your apology is accepted

Wait they have employees but don't create jobs. Are you really retarded? Who fills the jobs? robots? aliens? animals? noooo, employees do. The only reason you separate the two, are sometimes you have jobs that aren't filled, so you're looking for more employees, but other than that, the two are synonymous.

I cant wait to hear a libtard explanation on this....

Jobs are only created when there is a need. A need is only created when there are consumers with money willing and able to spend. No consumers, no job creation. Like I said, it's the purchasing power of a healthy middle class that drives job creation. Companies just fill that need, not create it.

Get it yet? Of course you don't. You wear a name tag to work.

that healthy middle class is now funding obamacare. there goes their spending power.

Great, how does that discount what I said?

Oh, it doesn't.

Solid work Jethro.

It's silly to think that paying people to do nothing will make them lazy.

Would you say that paying people ANY amount of money will cause them to become lazy and stop looking to better themselves?

What if they were only being paid $10 month? Would $10/month be enough to cause someone to stop working and stop trying to improve their situation?

10 a month?

If you were really trying a reduction to the absurd you should have used 1 cent a month.

Fine, 1 cent. Is that enough to demotivate someone from bettering themselves?

If it's a clear cut answer, then say so.

obama loosened welfare eligibility restricitions; it had the effect of gutting the work requirement that CLINTON signed into law under the welfare reform bill. when obama did that states had no choice but to ask the whole work requirement be waived; because obama made it moot

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The 1996 welfare reform introduced work requirements into the largest federal cash assistance welfare program, replacing the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). The reform required able-bodied adults to work, prepare for work, or look for work in order to receive benefits. Though the law received much criticism from the left, it worked: Stagnant welfare rolls decreased by half within five years of the law’s implementation, employment among low-income Americans soared, and child poverty rates plummeted.

From Heritage Foundation

Here it is [MENTION=45418]Spiderman[/MENTION].

Since google is hard for you I'll include the link: House Votes to Restore Welfare Work Requirements

Next time you try to find something like Welfare to Work Requirement heres a hint: Go to google and type in "Welfare to Work" fuck face

obama loosened welfare eligibility restricitions; it had the effect of gutting the work requirement that CLINTON signed into law under the welfare reform bill. when obama did that states had no choice but to ask the whole work requirement be waived; because obama made it moot

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The 1996 welfare reform introduced work requirements into the largest federal cash assistance welfare program, replacing the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). The reform required able-bodied adults to work, prepare for work, or look for work in order to receive benefits. Though the law received much criticism from the left, it worked: Stagnant welfare rolls decreased by half within five years of the law’s implementation, employment among low-income Americans soared, and child poverty rates plummeted.

From Heritage Foundation

Since google is hard for you I'll include the link: House Votes to Restore Welfare Work Requirements

Next time you try to find something like Welfare to Work Requirement heres a hint: Go to google and type in "Welfare to Work" fuck face

And Obama suspended most all of those through waivers.
Additionally, he lowered the paper requirements and/or delayed them for applying for SNAP and other programs.
You are a decade and a half behind.

My neighbor is Hispanic. Lives in a 400K home.
Started with nothing, owns a landscaping company.
Was an "illegal".
Hispanics have a work ethic. They do not ask for handouts.

Hispanic 17.8%

Number of Hispanics on welfare compared to US population.

Just like another urban legend told to me by a Mexican immigrant , there are no lazy Mexicans.....

Last edited:
From Heritage Foundation

Additionally, he lowered the paper requirements and/or delayed them for applying for SNAP and other programs.

Hilarious isn't it...the kid read the headline and assumed it meant that the work requirement was reinstated.
I think his understanding of how the government works is limited to what Comedy Central tells him.

From Heritage Foundation

Really? Because the article from Heritage says the opposite. Strange huh?

Your talking points arent stronger than reality idiot

Really? Because the article from Heritage says the opposite. Strange huh?

Your talking points arent stronger than reality idiot

left-wing moron; your talking point is idiotic like you are; the article you're citing from the Hertiage foundation doesnt say whay you're claiming it is saying

Hilarious isn't it...the kid read the headline and assumed it meant that the work requirement was reinstated.
I think his understanding of how the government works is limited to what Comedy Central tells him.

Hilarious yes.

s Obama “dropping work requirements,” as Romney’s ad claims? No. He is allowing states to change the work requirements, but he is not dropping them. The changes could be made to a variety of federal requirements, including “definitions of work activities and engagement, specified limitations, verification procedures, and the calculation of participation rates.”
A lot will depend on what a state proposes and how it is implemented. There is nothing inherent in the waivers that guts work requirements.
In explaining the new policy, George Sheldon, the acting assistant secretary for the Administration for Children and Families, wrote: “Waivers that weaken or undercut welfare reform will not be approved.” Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius wrote a July 18 letter to Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah saying the department’s “goal is to accelerate job placement,” requiring states to commit to a plan that will “move at least 20% more people from welfare to work compared to the state’s past performance.”
It’s understandable that some Republicans simply may not trust Sebelius and Sheldon. There is a lot of mistrust between the Democrats and Republicans on the issue of welfare — and the way the administration implemented the new policy has not helped.

See I present facts you present "lol"s

Pay attention heres the part you'll like

Ron Haskins was the Republican staff director of the Subcommittee on Human Resources for the House Ways and Means Committee from 1995 to 2000. Now at the Brookings Institution, Haskins’ biography states that he was “instrumental in the 1996 overhaul of national welfare policy.”
Haskins said Republicans at the time drafted the welfare law so that the executive branch could not waive work-participation rules. Obama’s unilateral action has understandably angered some Republicans who believe the administration lacks the authority to issue waivers, he said.
However, Haskins also said that the new waiver policy does not “gut welfare reform.” He cites two reasons: The federal government will continue to hold states accountable for moving people off welfare and into jobs, and the states have a tremendous financial incentive to use the new waiver authority to improve employment outcomes.

Does Obama?s Plan ?Gut Welfare Reform??

Have fun running around telling yourself that this cant be true. Calling this guy a RINO, saying Fact check website looks funny, anything! Just hurry and dismiss information that might harm your bubble

Forum List

Back