Does This Mean That The Jews Are The Antichrists?

Well, your title to your OP is a little confusing. You use the word "Antichrists" plural, but capitalize the "A" as if you are hinting towards The Antichrist.

Anyone who denies Christ is anti-Christ. Plain and simple. And there is one way to fix that status which is to accept Christ. :biggrin:

On the other hand, there is a specific individual who is called "The Antichrist" and who is also referred to as The Assyrian. He will deceive all those who are anti-christ into believing that he is God and should be worshiped instead of God.

The site (usmb) arranges the lettering of titles as it sees fit, but there is no "the Antichrist" according to the Bible. THAT IS MADE UP DOCTRINE. The Bible plainly states that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah is the antichrist and that is obviously VERY MANY PEOPLE.

IF only 144,000 of the Jews will be saved THEN ALL JEWS ARE NOT PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE SPECIALLY REVERED. The rest of them (the rest other than the 144,000,) and anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah are antichrists.

Crikey; I went through those "numbers" years ago with a Preacher and then asked a local bloke what the f?? He then put me on to what "numbers" meant to those in the early church and it made a lot of sense; a point of information on which I and Fundis disagree. I like maths but Numerology is a world of its own.

Top 10 Significant Numbers in Biblical Numerology - Listverse

Greg

That is incorrect. I44,000 MESSIANIC Jews will be sealed with the same mark God sealed Cain with. There will be 12,000 from each tribe, and they will not be able to be harmed during the tribulation. No where does it say that the Jews will be wiped off the earth except for the 144,000. In fact they are not those who run to the safety of the Mt. of Olives when Christ touches down. They have no need to run. They are sealed. And they are not the Jews that run to Petra of all places and find safety. Jordon is set aside by God, and another place the anti-christ can't overcome. The 144,000 are Jews who boldly preach Christ, and will bring more to Christ than Christianity has in 2,000 years.

As for the antiChrist:
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains (the Holy Spirit) will do so UNTIL He is taken out of the way. And THEN the lawless one (Antichrist) will be revealed whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs (miracles), and lying wonders"
(2 Thessalonians 2:7-9)
Here is what we know of Him and can recognize him by thanks to prophecy:
- He will be indwelt and empowered by Satan
- He will rise to power first over 3 and then 10 nations
- He will somehow be 'diverse from the rest' so we are not certain he will be European
- He will bring 'peace', yet conquer through treaties and war
- He will be very, very popular around the world
- He will speak blasphemies against the God of gods
- He will not regard "the desire of women"
- He will be a great talker and speech maker
- He will likely be charismatic and physically attractive ... like King Saul
- He will receive what appears to be a fatal wound to the head
- He will appear to be resurrected from the dead
- His right eye may be blinded and his arm completely withered
- He will enforce a "peace" plan or resolution (covenant) upon nation Israel
- He may help to get the new Jewish Temple built in Jerusalem
- He will appear to perform miracles ("lying signs and wonders")
- He will require that everybody on Earth receive a mark or identification on their forehead or hand and nobody will legally be able to buy or sell without it
- He will stand in a new Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and declare he is "God"
- Unspeakable terror and war will then engulf Earth for exactly 3½ years (1260 days)
- He will direct the slaughter of millions of Christians and Jews who come to know the Lord
- He will lead the armies of the world into Israel . . . Armageddon.

So you'll recognize

I think for most, if not all, of us it is better to check out the local and proximal goons who would do us wrong be they corrupt officials, bureaucratic government officials, back stabbing co-workers and assorted other morons. Whatever the "end times" image I have of the event I am sure that it is inadequate. let's see; the first "end time" preacher I heard was in 1977 and he said DEFINITELY 1984. Thank my lucky stars that I didn't put anything in the collection; would have been a waste of money.

Simply I think it says somewhere that we won't know the hour ....so live every one as if it's your last. A funny story; a bloke asked three seminarians what they would do if they were told by an angel that they would die in a few hours time. One said go to the Church and pray until they dies; the second said they would go and Confess their sins and do some Charity work. The third said he'd continue playing skip rope with the village kids, then attend to matters as usual. Why? Why should he change from what God had planned for him?

I like that third bloke. (btw: can't recall the original version; might be St Augustine or someone famous???)

Greg

We Jews don't believe Jesus was the Jewish Messiah because of Jewish messianic prophecies detailing what the messiah will be and do. Not out of any personal grudge or 'we don't like this Jesus guy.'

Can read all the scriptural evidence proving Jesus was NOT the prophecized Jewish messiah here (fair warning, if Christian, probably shouldn't read it, will only only make ya hate yourself for being stupid:)

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Of course not, he was into peace , not preemptive wars.

But he was no peacenik. And not "peace at any price". I would suggest that getting a few dozen rockets fired at you might cause you to retaliate rather than be "pre-emptive".

Greg

Mr. O, can you count to 144,000? Is that the same as multitudes that can't be counted? Every nation, people,and language does not describe 1 nation, 12 tribes and Hebrew.
Those are Gentiles.
It's easier to have a discussion without resorting to nastiness.. Whether we agree or not, liar isn't necessary.
Tell me, who are the Jews that flee to Petra? They do the opposite of evangelizing. They hide. Do they die, or do they make it through the trib?

If the 144,000 Messianic servants of Christ are the only Jews to survive and they are all male virgins, then they would also be the end of the Jews. Jewish women are a requirement.

Last edited:
Greg, we won't know the hour or the day, but we are given enough signs by Christ to know when to look up. Just because the Millerites, for example, forgot that there had to be an Israel and a Temple before Christ returns, doesn't mean we should always overlook those who are pointing to the signs given by the Lord.
Christ said, "..when you see these things......". So if you see the things He prophesied happening, you can determine for yourself what time you live in. That way you don't have to rely on anyone's epiphany but Christ's.

We Jews don't believe Jesus was the Jewish Messiah because of Jewish messianic prophecies detailing what the messiah will be and do. Not out of any personal grudge or 'we don't like this Jesus guy.'

Can read all the scriptural evidence proving Jesus was NOT the prophecized Jewish messiah here (fair warning, if Christian, probably shouldn't read it, will only only make ya hate yourself for being stupid:)

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Jesus was the Messiah predicted in the OT.

Topic Old Testament New Testament
Messiah to be the seed of the Woman Genesis 3:15 Galatians 4:4
Messiah to be the seed of Abraham Genesis 12:3; 18:18 Luke 3:23,34
Matthew 1:1-2
Acts 3:25
Galatians 3:16
Messiah to be of the tribe of Judah Genesis 49:10 Luke 3:33
Matthew 1:1-2
Messiah to be of the seed of Jacob Numbers 24:17, 19 Matthew 1:1-2
Luke 3:34
Messiah to be of the seed of David Psalm 132:11
Jeremiah 23:5; 33:15
Isaiah 11:10
Matthew 1:6
Luke 1:32-33
Acts 2:29-30
Romans 1:3
Messiah to be a prophet like Moses Deut. 18:15, 19 Matthew 21:11
John 6:14
John 1:45
Acts 3:22-23
Messiah to be the Son of God Psalm 2:7
Proverbs 30:4
Luke 1:32
Matthew 3:17
Messiah to be raised from the dead Psalm 16:10 Acts 13:35-37
Messiah to experience crucifixion Psalm 22:1-31
Psalm 69:21
Matthew 27:34-50
John 19:28-30
Messiah to be betrayed by a friend Psalm 41:9 John 13:18, 21
Messiah to ascend to heaven Psalm 68:18 Luke 24:51
Acts 1:9
Homage and tribute paid to Messiah by great kings Psalm 72:10-11 Matthew 2:1-11
Messiah to be a priest like Melchizedek Psalm 110:4 Hebrews 5:5-6
Messiah to be at the right hand of God Psalm 110:1 Matthew 26:64
Hebrews 1:3
Messiah, the stone which the builders rejected, to become the head cornerstone Psalm 118:22-23
Isaiah 8:14-15
Isaiah 28:16
Matthew 21:42-43
Acts 4:11
Romans 9:32-33
Ephesians 2:20
1 Peter 2:6-8
Messiah to be born of a virgin Isaiah Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:18-25
Luke 1:26-35
Galilee to be the first area of Messiah's ministry Isaiah 9:1-8 Matthew 4:12-16
Messiah will be meek and mild Isaiah 42:2-3
Isaiah 53:7
Matthew 12:18-20
Matthew 26:62-63
Messiah will minister to the Gentiles Isaiah 42:1
Isaiah 49:1-8
Matthew 12:21
Messiah will be smitten Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67
Matthew 27:26, 30
Messiah to suffer, die and rise again Isaiah 52:13-53:12 The four gospels
The new and everlasting Covenant Isaiah 55:3-4
Jeremiah 31:31-33
Matthew 26:28
Mark 14:24
Luke 22:20
Hebrews 8:6-13
Messiah as the right arm of God Isaiah 59:16
Isaiah 53:1
John 12:38
Messiah as intercessor Isaiah 59:16 Hebrews 9:15
Twofold mission of the Messiah Isaiah 61:1-11 Luke 4:16-21
Messiah will perform miracles Isaiah 35:5-6 John 11:47
Matthew 11:3-6
Messiah is called "The Lord" Jeremiah 23:5-6 Acts 2:36
The time of Messiah's coming prophesied Daniel 9:24-26 Galatians 4:4
Ephesians 1:10
Bethlehem to be the place of Messiah's birth Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
Messiah will enter the Temple with authority Malachi 3:1 Matthew 21:12
Messiah will enter Jerusalem on a donkey Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 21:1-10
Messiah will be pierced Zechariah 12:10
Psalm 22:16
John 19:34, 37
Messiah to be forsaken by his disciples Zechariah 13:7 Matthew 26:31, 56
The coming of the Holy Spirit in the days of the Messiah Joel 2:28-29 Acts 2:16-18
Opposition of the nations; Messiah's final victory over death Psalm 2:2
Isaiah 25:8
Revelation 19:19
1 Corinthians 15:54
Revelation 7:17; 21:4
The glorious Messiah; Messiah as King Isaiah 63:1
Psalm 2:6-9
Revelation 19:11-16
Revelation 19:15-16
Submission of all nations to Messiah's rule Isaiah 2:4
Micah 4:1-4
Revelation 12:5
The Gentiles shall seek the Messiah of Israel Isaiah 11:10 Romans 11:25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hi,

I wanted to ask, does this scripture from the New Testament mean that the Jews are the antichrists (1 John 2:22-23, NIV:)

"(22)Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.(23)No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Since the Jews as a tenet of their faith deny that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah, does this scripture mean that the Jews are the antichrists?

I have nothing against the Jews...I'm not a member of any religion and if there is a God, He/She/It will handle "the antichrists," I believe.

Peace.

I (don't) find it amusing that so many people attempt to parse religious documents ad infinitum, but play loosy-goosy with the U.S. Constitution. Off topic, I know, but relevant nevertheless as connections can easily be made.

Greg, we won't know the hour or the day, but we are given enough signs by Christ to know when to look up. Just because the Millerites, for example, forgot that there had to be an Israel and a Temple before Christ returns, doesn't mean we should always overlook those who are pointing to the signs given by the Lord.
Christ said, "..when you see these things......". So if you see the things He prophesied happening, you can determine for yourself what time you live in. That way you don't have to rely on anyone's epiphany but Christ's.
He still is........ :)

And welcome gtopa. Nice to have you posting here.

Thank you. Baby steps first then....more baby steps. I visited this forum a while ago but got a bit lost...now a few cyberpals have joined me and I couldn't be more pleased. I should have persisted then. My point is..if one is already doing as one thinks God would have you doing then why change one thing about it? After all, it is always our own "end time" anyway.

Greg

Jesus and god - in the bible - are either 2 separate entities or Jesus is a schizophrenic. Father, why hast thou forsaken me?

Well, why ask?

Just more reasons that religions are derp shit.

Hi GT:
1. Yes, Jesus and God are distinct and still inseparable in spirit.
See JOHN 10:29-30 Where Jesus says both that God the Father is greater than all,
but also states he and the father are one, meaning of one will and one spirit, perfect unity, divine justice joining God and man.

2. Analogy I would make is that the Judicial branch is distinct from the Legislative body of laws and Congress.
Yet there is one government, not three: judiciary, legislative and executive.
three distinct roles yet one government.

3. as for any schizophrenic split, the worst split I see in Chrisitanity and interpreting the Bible
is the Retributive approach to Justice as in the OT
compared with the Restorative Justice approach in the NT
that is the difference that Christ Jesus makes:
seeking justice by retribution contradicts the message in Christianity and b
brings destruction and death by killing relations and humanity;
instead, seeking justice by truth,by forgiveness and correction to restore
good faith relations is the message and meaning of Christ as perfect conscience
and Christianity as true charity for others equaly as ourselves, unconditionally

if you live by the letter of the law that is corrupted by greed and abuse for power
then this empowers the Antichrist approach to govt by ruling by force fear and punitive judgment

if you live by the spirit of the law which is love of Truth Justice and Peace for all humanity equally and inclusively
that is the way of life instead of path of death and destruction by retribution

so the sacrifice redemption and resurrection of Jesus represents the path to Justice with Mercy and Peace
for all humanity set free by establishing truth

this is the breaking of the vicious cycle of retribution or bad karma or sin passed down from preveious
generations. to receive Jesus for salvation means to receive the spirit of divine justice where all wrongs are
corrected, there is restitution and healing of all damage and wounds from the past, so humanity can be made whole

Jesus and god - in the bible - are either 2 separate entities or Jesus is a schizophrenic. Father, why hast thou forsaken me?

Well, why ask?

Nope. Some things are just mysteries.
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Thou art an idiot!!:dance:

:banana2:

Greg
oooooh Smeg you understand middle english for [Thou art] pigeon-liver'd and lack gall.:badgrin: less is more dont you think queen?

Well, why ask?

Nope. Some things are just mysteries.
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Thou art an idiot!!:dance:

:banana2:

Greg
oooooh Smeg you understand middle english for [Thou art] pigeon-liver'd and lack gall.:badgrin: less is more dont you think queen?

You're a fapi. Get over it!!

Greg

today's God is the same God as in the OT. God is the same forever- He is outside of time. We (believer's) since Jesus are under a new covenant- not of law, but of grace through Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit indwells all true Believer's. God the Father is in Heaven, and Jesus is sitting at His right hand waiting to call His Church (Believer's) up to meet Him in the clouds at any time (Pretribulation Rapture).

Forum List

Back