Does this mark the end of our Republic once and for all?

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Republicans and Democrats Offer Support for Massive Wall Street Bailout

Flexing its political muscle, Congress insisted on a package that gives lawmakers a stronger hand in controlling the money than the Bush administration had wanted. The rescue plan casts Washington's long shadow over Wall Street with the federal government taking over huge amounts of devalued assets from beleaguered financial firms in exchange for more oversight.

Republicans and Democrats Offer Support for Massive Wall Street Bailout

Flexing its political muscle, Congress insisted on a package that gives lawmakers a stronger hand in controlling the money than the Bush administration had wanted. The rescue plan casts Washington's long shadow over Wall Street with the federal government taking over huge amounts of devalued assets from beleaguered financial firms in exchange for more oversight.

In its current form? If only.......

The Patriot Act was the beginning of the end of the republic.

No.​

It merely proves to those of us paying attention, (who have the horse-sense to understand what's really going on) that the REPUBLIC hasn't really existed in any meaningful way since 1913.

The REPUBLIC handed control over the money supply to a PRIVATE CONSORTIUM OF BANKERS.​

These masters of the monetary are America's REAL leaders of the nation.​

When our government gave the FED control over the money supply, and agreed to pay the FED interest for BORROWING money from it, which the FED invents as needed, our government became a TOOL of CONTROL employed by the FED.​

Get this stright... the FED controls the GOVERNMENT and NOT the other way around.

Our government takes orders from the people who get to create legal tender, folks. The government take its marching orders from the FED because the Government "borrows" money from it.

The GOLDEN RULE is in effect.​

Hence this so called "bailout" is really nothing but the banking community showing us that they, and not our government, control the economic health of this nation.​

We know that sham of this supposed constitutional republic is up if we're intelligent enough to look at the mechanics of what is happening RIGHT NOW.​

Where does the FED get $700 billion?​

It doesn't have that money, right?​

It gets to INVENT IT, and then lend it to the USA AT INTEREST?

Does that makes sense to anyone here?

Can you lend money you don't have? The FED can.​

If you do not understand the above, then you can continue to think that our nation is run by that shadowpuppet threater called politics that is playing out in Washinton.​

But the privately owned corporation that is the FED just shook down the US government for a vast amount of money, and proved to me that the government has NO CONTROL whatever over the banking community.​

Atlas didn't shrug, ATLAS pointed a gun at our collective head, folks and we dance to their tune.​

Last edited:
I hope so. I sincerely hope so. It is not what it once was. Now all we have is a deeply divided nation with representatives who are partisan hacks who are willing to stand on TV and piss out one lie right after another. Like they did this week with Senator McCain. Pass our money back and forth in their grubbly little hands. Intimidating thugs one and all. I hope Washington and Wallstreet burn to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis3577
The Patriot Act was the beginning of the end of the republic.

Not really. The Reppublic was long gone before that.

Most of the invasion of privacy laws, most of the laws that make this place a police state, were already in effect because of the War on Drugs.

Mostly the Patriot act was about putting the various police forces of the FEDERAL STATE AND LOCAL GOVERMENTs under control of one grand organization...Homeland Security.

The rope was already around FREEDOM'S NECK, the Patriot ACT merely tightens it enormously.

No.

It merely marks the first time many of us have noticed that our government is a slave to the FED.

Many gold bugs, far right wingers and far left wingers have been telling us this nation is based ona lie for decades now.

I didn't believe them AT ALL until the SAVINGS AND LOAN bailout.

Now, as I hear our Congress debating this newest wholesale THEFT, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the whole system is a sham.

donkeyshit, you did'nt have a problem with Palin's email being hacked into and published on the internet, so you shouldn't have a problem with the gov. knowing which library book you check out.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin

These include “dramatic” tax rises, slashed government services and the large-scale dumping by foreign governments of holdings of US debt.

Drawing parallels with the end of the Roman empire, Mr Walker warned there were “striking similarities” between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including “declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government”.

WorldTribune-Editor: U.S. Comptroller sees 'striking similarities' with the fall of Rome

Our Republic is a name only now, and this "bailout" bill is the stake in the heart of this republic to everyone who believes in it. The parallels between ancient Rome and our governement are striking and this display of support at the expense of the American taxpayer does nothing but enforce that.

donkeyshit, you did'nt have a problem with Palin's email being hacked into and published on the internet, so you shouldn't have a problem with the gov. knowing which library book you check out.

You don't know what I have a problem with. I am voting for McCain. Shows what you know.

Editec is right. :clap2:
I'v been trying to explain this to people who either can not understand it, refuse to accept it, or are just too damn scared to open their eyes.:banghead:

I can't link it but check the thread "Who Needs Congress? Not The Fed... "
posted by Kevin Kennedy, under politics

You can pull the curtain back and some people will still be too ignorant, stupid and/or confused to understand what the guy behind it is really doing.:scared1:

No, it merely marks the moment when Americans finally realize that we have never really lived in a democratic republic.

Last edited:
The question is are you sick and tired of the plutocracy?

Good point, but the plutocracy has an incredible media machine that keeps these conservative tools in that dark cave where sense never enters.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

The Whiner's Recession | CommonDreams.org

Good point, but the plutocracy has an incredible media machine that keeps these conservative tools in that dark cave where sense never enters.

And when someone gets up the courage and goes outside to investigate and comes back in to report about the daylight outside they are decried as delusionary. Everyone prefers the flickering shadows on the cave walls. Have we not progressed since Plato's parable?

And when someone gets up the courage and goes outside to investigate and comes back in to report about the daylight outside they are decried as delusionary. Everyone prefers the flickering shadows on the cave walls. Have we not progressed since Plato's parable?

No, we have not.

the sky has really been falling for at least three decades.

You could see it fall as more and more Americans were put in prison, more and more americans couldn't pay their bills, and went bankrupt, and couldn't find jobs that paid living salaries. As more and more of us had no health care, as more and more of our children didn't get educations and more and more of us had to go into enormous debt for college, too.

Meanwhile as long as the stock market was okay, most of American thought that was the ECONOMY.

Meanwhile some of you deluded yourselves that the American people bankrupted themselves by buying too many DVDs.

What fucking hubris.

A nation is THE PEOPLE, folks.

If the PEOPLE are in trouble, the NATION is in trouble.

duh!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back