Does This Hit Home

If someone is spending recklessly they should have their money/credit source cut off or at least curtailed back especially if it is MY money they are pissing away like drunken fools.

when the budget is set based on a certain income level, it would be irresponsible to cut one's available cash flow.

wouldn't it?

so before you get to cuts, shouldn't you restore your income flow?

or minimally engage in a combination of both?

If I trusted the government to cut their ridiculous spending we might be able to talk about raising revenues. I am one of those who knows better than to trust the government. They lie.

Cuts to defense spending, domestic spending, and entitlement programs must happen. I will gladly discuss with others here the particulars that might be fair game to cut and or trim. There are many discussions and groups online that address the details of where best to cut and how much. Obviously all are up for debate and modification but they must happen.

Exactly......but now...Obama wants to raise the taxes and kick the can down the road with spending cuts. :lol:
Liberals don't like to cut spending, and Jillian knows it.

They will never cut anything. They will reduce future spending and call it a cut so that Joe Q. Public thinks they actually cut something. A game as old as the nation. This whole behind closed doors negotiating is pure bullshit.

Actually it will break down to....instead of a 10% increase, we'll increase it 5% and thus will cut 5%. I've seen it happen far too often and the people will be duped as it being a 5% cut.

Spending our way to prosperity is like either taking out a college loan for yourself in the hopes schooling will make you more money or as a business, advertising or getting a new product in the hopes of selling more.

Not totally foreign to a government investing in more infrastructure to make sure everyone is not unemployed at once or issuing more tuition grants to help the future.

At 16 trillion plus, how is that working out for ourselves? :doubt:

Amazingly better than I could have believed.

These Reagonites never convinced me credit card spending our way to prosperity was that great a deal but they have desensitized me to it.

Spending our way to prosperity is like either taking out a college loan for yourself in the hopes schooling will make you more money or as a business, advertising or getting a new product in the hopes of selling more.

Not totally foreign to a government investing in more infrastructure to make sure everyone is not unemployed at once or issuing more tuition grants to help the future.

Amazingly better than I could have believed.

These Reagonites never convinced me credit card spending our way to prosperity was that great a deal but they have desensitized me to it.

Wait until the prime rate is raised, reality will set in quickly and that 16 trillion will be nothing but in the history books. The rate is being artifically manipulated, but can't stay there forever, when it is lifted inflation will set in. just sayin....

A lot worse than if we did nothing.

But let's ask how we got 16 Trillion in debt, 10 trillion of which was there before Obama got there, and 6 trillion of which was already baked into the pie (bush's Tax Cuts and Wars.)

Forum List

Back