Does the taller candidate always win?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
In his 1982 book Too Small, Too Tall psychologist John Gillis says that in the 21 presidential elections from 1904 to 1984, the taller candidate won 80 percent of the time. What's more, he says, in the whole history of the Republic, only two presidents--Harrison and James Madison (5'4")--were appreciably shorter than the average height in their day.

Why when I look at this image do I see Allie?

crystalBall1.jpg

Just about as accurate as some "tall man" tale. lol :lol:

Actual studied have shown that the one most common trait among successful men in western culture is "height."

Anthropologists claim that this goes back to when the tallest of the hunters saw both the game and the danger first.

Check out our male leaders. Most of them are tall. It has nothing to do with competence, but since when have we been able to get the best to be the leaders anyway?

There are very few Napoleons and Ross Perots.

In his 1982 book Too Small, Too Tall psychologist John Gillis says that in the 21 presidential elections from 1904 to 1984, the taller candidate won 80 percent of the time. What's more, he says, in the whole history of the Republic, only two presidents--Harrison and James Madison (5'4")--were appreciably shorter than the average height in their day.

Did he mentioned that ailment that some short men have, The "Napoleon Complex?"

Napoleon was actually not short, supposedly. Something about 'French' feet being longer than 'British' feet- I think he was something like 5'8'', which was actually kinda above average in turn of the [18th] century France.

Napoleon was actually not short, supposedly. Something about 'French' feet being longer than 'British' feet- I think he was something like 5'8'', which was actually kinda above average in turn of the [18th] century France.

Interesting, so I googled it.

Napoleon was short enough that early in his military career he was nicknamed "The Little Corporal." According to Napoleon.org, at his death he was 1.68 meters tall, or about 5'6"... Napoleon died of an unidentified ailment, possibly stomach cancer; because traces of arsenic were later found in his remains, some have suggested he may have been fatally poisoned... The famous portrait of Napoleon with his hand stuck in his vest was painted by Jacques-Louis David.

No wonder the ladies loved him, look at this stud!

$napoleon.jpg

http://www.answers.com/topic/napoleon-bonaparte

I read in the early 70's (in Esquire, I think) an article about height and success for graduating college men.

According to that article, there was a stronger correleation between a man's height, and his starting salary than there was between men and GPIs.

IMB, used to NOT hire any male college grad starting out in their sales postions (which is where one started when one was slated to move into top managment in IBM) under 6' tall in those days, for example.

FWIW, at that time they didn't hire ANY women, regardless of their heights, either.

I would LOVE to see a study on height and top managment of our FORTUNE 500 companies.

I suspect you'd find a very strong correlation between height and success in males in top management in corporate America even today.

qbar_q.gif
What was Napoleon's height?

In: European History
[Edit]

rc_gray1.gif
rc_gray1b.gif
[Edit]
abar_a.gif

about 5'6"
He was considered (for his time) to be above average in height, measuring a little over 5'6. There is a theory of the myth of his small stature. Some say he was mismeasured at the time of his death. Others say with their metric system, someone made a mistake with conversions.

source

Queen Victoria was well below 5 feet tall... and our current crown wearer is also a midget... must be all that interbreeding?

McCain should do some photo shoots with the Queen,.... might give the elderly midget someone to tower over?

How tall is McCain ... about 5'3? He apparently claims 5'6... but he is shorter than that ...he is as short as Tom Cruise..probably wears shoe lifts like the midget maniac does.

Heights of United States Presidents and presidential candidates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McCain definitely has little man syndrome.....

Last edited:
Looking at McCain's speech yesterday... it really hit home...what a tiny little man he is.

He is so clearly suffering from little man syndrome.... a very dangerous presidential candidate.

He wants power to make up for all those years of being the little man that everyone laughs at.

I am 6'3" and have never had any trouble with my fellow normal people... its always the little midgets who are aggressive and drink too much.

Forum List

Back