Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

Ali777

May 8, 2011
As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

What's wrong with his statement? Nothing.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

And you want to claim these folks aren't an evil influence?
I beg to differ.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

I beg to differ.

Beg all you want. I'm a Christian.... I accept blacks, Jews, gays, and anyone else. The only people I have a low tolerance level for are the ignorant assholes. Unfortunately, you fall into that category.

Idiot.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

I beg to differ.

Beg all you want. I'm a Christian.... I accept blacks, Jews, gays, and anyone else. The only people I have a low tolerance level for are the ignorant assholes. Unfortunately, you fall into that category.

Idiot.

:eusa_liar: then you don't accept anyone else.

I beg to differ.

Idiot.

You don't get to decide who I do or do not accept. What is it with idiots, that they think they have some God Given right to decide what other people think?

At the risk of repeating myself.... Idiot.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

Do you ever think for yourself, mid? Cuz it seems to me, we never get an original thought or opinion from you... just mindless quotes from others. How very 'left wing' of you.

I beg to differ.

Yeah, that's why Christians started a country and enshrined freedom of religion in the first amendment.

Try going to a non-Christian country like Muslim countries and try to enjoy that same freedom of religion.

Or how about a nation that forces atheism on their populace like communist countries and insist on freedom of religion. Let's see how thoat goes over.

Christians are the ones that are intolerant?

Idiot!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I beg to differ.

Yeah, that's why Christians started a country and enshrined freedom of religion in the first amendment.

Try going to a non-Christian country like Muslim countries and try to enjoy that same freedom of religion.

Or how about a nation that forces atheism on their populace like communist countries and insist on freedom of religion. Let's see how thoat goes over.

Idiot!

And yet those same christians embraced slavery.
And eradicating all vestiges of the religion that the American natives had.

How many muslim churches or non christian churches did America have in it's first hundred years?

I beg to differ.

Idiot.

I think we see who doesn't accept people of other faiths when you blast Christianity in complete ignorance.

You talk about intolerance, but what country ENSHRINED TOLERANCE in the first amendment?

Are you telling us these men weren't Christians, or worshipping the Christian God?

While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.'

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
--Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Founding Fathers Quotes - Christian Quotes of the Founding Fathers

You speak out of complete ignorance about the Founding of this Country and why it was their Christianity that required we found a countruy of tolerance.

THAT TOLERANCE EXISTED NO WHERE ELSE ON THE PLANET AT THE TIME, and it is the influence of this country that spread that tolerence thorughout the West.

Look for a country with such religious tolerance outside of that influence?

The one that comes to mind is Israel.

It is YOU that is intolerant, and that intolerance is born of your ignorant religious bigotry.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

I beg to differ.

Idiot!

How many muslim churches or non christian churches did America have in it's first hundred years?

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

You just defeated your own premise bringing up the muslims.

A) Most of the slave trade conducted back during the time of slavery in the US, was done by the Arab slave traders, selling to Americans, aka MUSLIMS.

B) It was Christians that started the abolistionist movement in the US, not muslims, buddists, atheists, etc etc etc.

C) Muslims STILL ENGAGE IN SLAVERY today, especially in the case of WOMEN.

D) I wasn't aware there was a huge lot of immigration from muslim countries prior to the 20th Century.

If you have information that disputes that, do let me know.

I won't hold my breath.

So again, in bashing Christians, we see liberalism does it FROM IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY OF THEIR OWN HISTORY, not knowledge.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Idiot!

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

A) Most of the slave trade conducted back during the time of slavery in the US, was done by the Arab slave traders, selling to Americans, aka MUSLIMS.

B) It was Christians that started the abolistionist movement in the US, not muslims, buddists, atheists, etc etc etc.

D) I wasn't aware there was a huge lot of immigration from muslim countries prior to the 20th Century.

I won't hold my breath.

So again, in bashing Christians, we see liberalism does it FROM IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY OF THEIR OWN HISTORY, not knowledge.

So Muslims in America were the ones buying the slaves? From what you said anyway.
Damn good thing the north won the war over those southern muslims then.

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

I won't hold my breath.

So Muslims in America were the ones buying the slaves? From what you said anyway.

That's not what she said. But I admire your borg-like devotion to spinning. Sick bags are available at the top of the thread.

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

I won't hold my breath.

That's not what she said. But I admire your borg-like devotion to spinning. Sick bags are available at the top of the thread.

From the post.

Calling Americans muslims?

Idiot.

You don't get to decide who I do or do not accept. What is it with idiots, that they think they have some God Given right to decide what other people think?

At the risk of repeating myself.... Idiot.

I can decide anything I want to. Not really much you can do about it.
Don't post contradictory statements if you don't want people picking
them apart.

I beg to differ.

Idiot.

You...? A Christian...? Really?!?!
:eek:

One could never tell. You cuss like a sailor. You insult ad-nasuem. You detest anyone who doesn't think in lock-step with you.

And you call yourself a Christian? Yet, another self-proclaimed Christian that the Bible speaks about.

I believe its somewhere in Matthew where Christ says, "Not everyone who calls Lord, Lord will enter in the gates of Heaven. The Father will say...I do not know you."

Look it up, you DEFINITELY need to get that message, because clearly you didn't.

The bible speaks about those who profess to be Christ-like and are actually anti-Christ-like. As they tend to turn people AWAY from God/Jesus, much like you do.

You really need to get back into the Word, if you are indeed a Christian.

Nothing you say or do on here is Christlike, look at your Siggy for goodness sakes.

*SMH*

I beg to differ.

Idiot.

You...? A Christian...? Really?!?!
:eek:

One could never tell. You cuss like a sailor. You insult ad-nasuem. You detest anyone who doesn't think in lock-step with you.

And you call yourself a Christian? Yet, another self-proclaimed Christian that the Bible speaks about.

I believe its somewhere in Matthew where Christ says, "Not everyone who calls Lord, Lord will enter in the gates of Heaven. The Father will say...I do not know you."

Look it up, you DEFINITELY need to get that message, because clearly you didn't.

The bible speaks about those who profess to be Christ-like and are actually anti-Christ-like. As they tend to turn people AWAY from God/Jesus, much like you do.

You really need to get back into the Word, if you are indeed a Christian.

Nothing you say or do on here is Christlike, look at your Siggy for goodness sakes.

*SMH*

Tús na breithe ag Dia orainn.

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

I won't hold my breath.

This is what liberals do when they are losing.

They LIE about what you said, OBVIOUSLY SO, and then actually expect you to defend yourself from that lying premise.

When you have a quote of my saying what you claim, let me know.

Until then, all you are doing is trolling based on your own bigoted view of Christianity.

When you can rise above such petty behavior, let me know. Then I can continue schooling you on where you get it wrong.

Forum List

Back