Does Self-Hatred Drive Race Relations in the U.S.?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Why has "racism" become a term used almost exclusively to describe social conditions in this country? Are we the only nation with slavery in our past? Why are African Americans considered to be one of the most oppressed peoples on Earth? Is it not possible that this issue is more psychological than factual?

Does self-hatred, on both sides, play a major role in this development? Do many of our "black" citizens feel that their color marks them as if they are in some way permanently impaired? Do many of our "white" citizens feel that the institution of slavery marks them as eternally guilty oppressors? If so, how will external policies and programs do anything to address these psychoses? Isn't it time to start looking within?

Why has "racism" become a term used almost exclusively to describe social conditions in this country? Are we the only nation with slavery in our past? Why are African Americans considered to be one of the most oppressed peoples on Earth? Is it not possible that this issue is more psychological than factual?

Does self-hatred, on both sides, play a major role in this development? Do many of our "black" citizens feel that their color marks them as if they are in some way permanently impaired? Do many of our "white" citizens feel that the institution of slavery marks them as eternally guilty oppressors? If so, how will external policies and programs do anything to address these psychoses? Isn't it time to start looking within?

Hi j...me myself, I'm an American Black male who suffers from self-hatred in no way. I have heard of African-Americans being targeted in America but my view is that African-Americans are responsible for ourselves...maybe Africa (for selling us into slavery) and America (for keeping us in slavery) owe us but the way I see it our destiny is basically up to us.

Forum List

Back