Does liberty matter anymore?

Before we continue, how old are you?

How old do I need to be to know the stock market didn't do anything on October 17, 1987?

Obviously, you don't realize that the people who worked for those Banks have always referred to it occurring on October 17, 1987 because that's when we knew the shit hit the fan.
By the way, there ARE markets open on Saturday and I'm sure you full well know that fact.

Obviously, you don't realize that the people who worked for those Banks have always referred to it occurring on October 17, 1987

No one who worked in the markets at that time refers to the crash as 2 days before it happened.

because that's when we knew the shit hit the fan.

The market had peaked at 2722 in August.
Friday, October 16th was the first time the Dow dropped triple digits in one day.
It closed Friday at 2246, down 108 points.
Down about 17% from the peak. And you knew that meant the shit hit the fan? LOL!
I guess on Monday, October 19, 1987, when it went down 508 points, something else hit the fan?

By the way, there ARE markets open on Saturday and I'm sure you full well know that fact.

Which open markets on Saturday October 17, 1987 crashed so much that they left a bigger impression on you than Black Monday left?
You didn't read the Wikipedia article.
You are so knee jerk Republican you can't even foster the thought that Reagan fucked up the Global Economy.
You do realize that the insiders knew on Saturday they were going pulling out early Monday morning.
You think millions of shares are dumped without mulling it over the day before?
Are you that ignorant of how insiders work?
Perhaps you are.
Banker's Trust knew it on Friday.

You linked an article I was supposed to read?
Did the article mention the date of the crash was not a Saturday? LOL!

You do realize that the insiders knew on Saturday they were going pulling out early Monday morning.

You do realize that some people knew on Saturday they were going to buy after the big drop on Friday.

Are you ignorant of the date of the Crash?

I ask again...Are you denying the crash due to Supply Side?

On Friday, the Dealers involved in non-US investments were already aware their money was invested in Toxic Instruments.

On which Friday? Be specific.
Toxic instruments? Do you mean stocks?

Almost every Banking Institution had invested in the emerging Global Economy.

We're talking about the US market in 1987. Don't change the subject.

Many banks, in fact, collapsed and were merged into the Big 6 or so of today.

Many banks collapsed because of the crash in October 1987? You have a list?

The same for the Top 8 Accounting Firms that almost overnight became the Top 4 Accounting Firms.

The accounting firms collapsed because of the stock market in 1987?

On Monday morning following the crash virtually all of Manhattan started working way past 9-5.

What was the date of this Monday morning after the crash?

Friday, October, 16, 1986.
Supply Side Economics is based on the Global Economy.
The US market collapses when excess investment leaves the US to support the non-US Markets that are supplying the US with less expensive goods and services.
Other than Chemical and Banker's Trust, there were a bunch of others whose names I can't recall off hand because I never had my money in them.
There were major banks all over Downtown and Uptown that were swallowed up.
Many Accounting Firms audited these Banks and suddenly there were far fewer Banks that needed fewer Auditors.
Monday, October 19, 1987.

Seriously, if I had blamed a Democratic President for what happened you wouldn't be asking any questions at all.
I'm sure there are lists of those defunct financial institutions on the web.

1987? Which instruments were toxic?

Other than Chemical and Banker's Trust, there were a bunch of others whose names I can't recall off hand because I never had my money in them.

And you feel they merged of collapsed because of the stock market in Oct 1987?

Yes. Monday. The day the market crashed.
Not Saturday, October 17, 1987, the day the market didn't trade.
Because it's Saturday.

Seriously, if I had blamed a Democratic President for what happened you wouldn't be asking any questions at all.

Seriously, if you knew the right date for the crash I wouldn't be pointing out your errors.

Seriously, if I even think of the crash occurring on a day after I already knew about it, I would be creeped out.
That's one of the reasons why only the average person gets screwed when Wall Street collapses...they don't know about it until at least a day after everyone working on Wall Street.
You have a point, but just about everybody I know who worked, or works, on Wall Street, never thought about any other date than when they heard the news.

You didn't hear the news about the Oct 19th 1987 crash on Oct 17th 1987.

I did...So did Raygun.
So you deny Supply Side failed?

You heard 2 days before the
Crash about the Crash?

Shit, you must have made millions.

Supply side led to a long term economic expansion in the US. Very successful.

How old do I need to be to know the stock market didn't do anything on October 17, 1987?

Obviously, you don't realize that the people who worked for those Banks have always referred to it occurring on October 17, 1987 because that's when we knew the shit hit the fan.

Obviously, you don't realize that the people who worked for those Banks have always referred to it occurring on October 17, 1987

No one who worked in the markets at that time refers to the crash as 2 days before it happened.

Friday, October 16th was the first time the Dow dropped triple digits in one day.
Down about 17% from the peak. And you knew that meant the shit hit the fan? LOL!
I guess on Monday, October 19, 1987, when it went down 508 points, something else hit the fan?

Which open markets on Saturday October 17, 1987 crashed so much that they left a bigger impression on you than Black Monday left?
You are so knee jerk Republican you can't even foster the thought that Reagan fucked up the Global Economy.
Perhaps you are.

You do realize that some people knew on Saturday they were going to buy after the big drop on Friday.

Yes, I deny that the October 19, 1987 stock market crash was due to Supply Side economics.

Supply Side Economics is based on the Global Economy.
The US market collapses when excess investment leaves the US to support the non-US Markets that are supplying the US with less expensive goods and services.
There were major banks all over Downtown and Uptown that were swallowed up.
Many Accounting Firms audited these Banks and suddenly there were far fewer Banks that needed fewer Auditors.

I'm sure there are lists of those defunct financial institutions on the web.

Because it's Saturday.

Seriously, if you knew the right date for the crash I wouldn't be pointing out your errors.

Seriously, if I even think of the crash occurring on a day after I already knew about it, I would be creeped out.
That's one of the reasons why only the average person gets screwed when Wall Street collapses...they don't know about it until at least a day after everyone working on Wall Street.
You have a point, but just about everybody I know who worked, or works, on Wall Street, never thought about any other date than when they heard the news.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

Bull...the US economy only started picking up 11 years later due to Y2K and the DOT COM.
Republican screw ups don't register in your brain.

Perhaps you are.

Yes, I deny that the October 19, 1987 stock market crash was due to Supply Side economics.

I accept your right to be blinded by your Ideology.
I'm waiting for you to blame it on Carter.

Because it's Saturday.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

Bull...the US economy only started picking up 11 years later due to Y2K and the DOT COM.

fredgraph.png

Right. Between Jan 1981 and Jan 1989, real US GDP only grew about 33%.
Darn Republican screw ups. Durr.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

fredgraph.png

GDP is a Rush Limbaugh Rolled-Up gimmick.
The average schmuck on Wall Street got a pay cut and had their work hours tripled.
I hope GDP isn't the best weapon in your argument arsenal.

I haven't really been tracking the Reaganomics debate, but I'm wondering what you think it has to do with liberty? I'm not complaining about OT discussion, just curious.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

fredgraph.png

The average schmuck on Wall Street got a pay cut and had their work hours tripled.

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

The 1987 crash was more than 28 years ago. Are Wall Streeters still working triple hours?
Or are you whining that you had to work longer hours for a week or two?

I haven't really been tracking the Reaganomics debate, but I'm wondering what you think it has to do with liberty? I'm not complaining about OT discussion, just curious.

I noticed Indeependent had the wrong date for the 1987 stock market crash in his tagline, and I've been tweaking him ever since.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

fredgraph.png

I remember when Reaganomics used to be called "voodoo economics". However, today you hear none of that. It's as if running trillion dollar deficits is logical and normal. It's as if nothing ill can ever come from it.

My only question is, how do they keep inflation down? It really is voodoo to me.

I did...So did Raygun.

Crash about the Crash?

fredgraph.png

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

The 1987 crash was more than 28 years ago. Are Wall Streeters still working triple hours?
Put Bill Gates in a room with 20 people making 60K a year and what's the average annual salary.
That's the Republican bullshit logic of how well everyone's doing.
You're a Conservative robot touting proven failures by using statistics.

Crash about the Crash?

fredgraph.png

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

Put Bill Gates in a room with 20 people making 60K a year and what's the average annual salary.

About $57,143

Are Wall Streeters still working triple hours?

fredgraph.png

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

About $57,143

that's false... it would be the "mean" salary. not the "average" salary.

average salary adds together bill's salary along with the salary of the 20 others and divides by 21.

your average salary is the resulting number.

fredgraph.png

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

About $57,143

average salary adds together bill's salary along with the salary of the 20 others and divides by 21.

Mean and average are the same.

That's what I did.

GDP is a gimmick? Why?

About $57,143

Mean and average are the same.

That's what I did.

no, it isn't or it would have been millions per person as the average.

Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion

Well, does it?

I'm noticing a trend mocking the concept. Are we 'post-freedom'?

your freedom ends at the tip of my nose

Well, then we agree. But from some of your posts, it seems you have a rather outsized conception of the size of your nose.

no. I suspect you'd prefer your "liberty" means you don't have to live like a grown up and suck up things that offend you....

Forum List

Back