Does Florida’s “Don’t say Gay Bill” prohibit instruction on heterosexual couples?

Every little Democrat kid already knows that when a man that identifies as a woman misses his period he is pregnant and the baby comes out his butt after he gets his 16th covid vaccine for the year. Democrats are good parents.

Nice Hate Mongering

The overwhelming number of Homosexuals make great parents

What critical thinking are you teaching a Kindergartner?

The “shit” they are teaching is that not all families are Mommy and Daddy
A valuable skill for young children
Most of what kindergartners learn is critical thinking at that age. They teach ideas and concepts about reading, how letters work together, they teach simple math concepts that are the building blocks to learning. Treasure Hunts to help with deduction and reasoning, reading and listening to books, learning fact from opinion, solving puzzles help them use logic.

I know it has been a long time since you stepped foot into a school, you should read up on it.

Ok. Little Sally stands up and says she has two mommies. Bobby asks how you can have two mommies? What is the teacher going to say? You can? You can’t? Open your books to page seven and we are going to discuss the continuing dark ages on science?

Hold up. Why is little Sally standing up and saying she has two mommies? I don't recall ever making any declarative statements about the composition of my family to the class when I was a kid. Of course, I grew up in a time when people assumed that most of the world didn't give a damn about them, and were okay with that.

Not sure, but if you're talking to my 5-year old about ANYTHING sexual, I want you in jail, in general population, fighting off the gang-bangers who don't mind killing 3 people in a driveby, but they draw the line at child molesters. You're a pedophile, period.

Then again she only needs to turn on the TV and there's a whole sexual world blasting in her face.

Hold up. Why is little Sally standing up and saying she has two mommies? I don't recall ever making any declarative statements about the composition of my family to the class when I was a kid. Of course, I grew up in a time when people assumed that most of the world didn't give a damn about them, and were okay with that.

They do that. They are asked to describe their parents and their homes.

It’s fairly common as I understand it.

They do that. They are asked to describe their parents and their homes.

It’s fairly common as I understand it.

Well, let me put it this way. Let's say that there's a teacher who's a Christian and has somehow managed to retain their job in the cesspit that is the public school system. And one of his students has gay parents. I assume you wouldn't want him to explain his view that homosexual behavior is a sin, because I wouldn't want him to, either. So what would you think was appropriate for him to do to deal with this?

Well, let me put it this way. Let's say that there's a teacher who's a Christian and has somehow managed to retain their job in the cesspit that is the public school system. And one of his students has gay parents. I assume you wouldn't want him to explain his view that homosexual behavior is a sin, because I wouldn't want him to, either. So what would you think was appropriate for him to do to deal with this?

Personally. As a Christian myself. It is none of my business what any consenting adults do. The Bible is a guide for me, how to manage my thoughts and ideals. It is not required for me to inflict my ideals on others. They must choose their own path and on their own heads be it.

Further. We are instructed to give unto Caesar. In this case obeying the laws and policies of your employer. And no. I don’t believe it is a sin to support the laws and policies of your employer or government. Use as an example Daniel. Who was loyal to his King as a slave in every way but one. Worshipping a false God. Daniel honestly obeyed every law and order save that one. He served loyally, to the best of his ability.

Today many Christians ignore these tales. They stand stubbornly on the idea that they are Blessed and Saved and able to explain God’s desires without any real knowledge.

What I expect the notional teacher to do, regardless of any Religious beliefs, including Islam and Satanism. I expect him to say that’s great. And if anyone says that’s weird or wrong. Explain that not everyone comes from a family like yours. Some have sister or brothers. Some don’t. Some live with two parents. Some don’t. There is no wrong answer. As long as the children are cared for and loved, there is no wrong answer.

There are children in Orphanages. Unwanted Children. There are orphans all over the world. There are kids suffering abuse in every form imaginable. There are kids suffering starvation.

With all the horrors in the world. It is tough to get worked up because some kid in Florida has same sex parents. Or that the kid might believe they are gay.

As a man. A citizen. A veteran. And as a man of faith who has no doubts as to the existence of God. It is asinine to get worked up over two Daddies, two Mommies, or if the kid is gay.

Personally. As a Christian myself. It is none of my business what any consenting adults do. The Bible is a guide for me, how to manage my thoughts and ideals. It is not required for me to inflict my ideals on others. They must choose their own path and on their own heads be it.

Further. We are instructed to give unto Caesar. In this case obeying the laws and policies of your employer. And no. I don’t believe it is a sin to support the laws and policies of your employer or government. Use as an example Daniel. Who was loyal to his King as a slave in every way but one. Worshipping a false God. Daniel honestly obeyed every law and order save that one. He served loyally, to the best of his ability.

Today many Christians ignore these tales. They stand stubbornly on the idea that they are Blessed and Saved and able to explain God’s desires without any real knowledge.

What I expect the notional teacher to do, regardless of any Religious beliefs, including Islam and Satanism. I expect him to say that’s great. And if anyone says that’s weird or wrong. Explain that not everyone comes from a family like yours. Some have sister or brothers. Some don’t. Some live with two parents. Some don’t. There is no wrong answer. As long as the children are cared for and loved, there is no wrong answer.

There are children in Orphanages. Unwanted Children. There are orphans all over the world. There are kids suffering abuse in every form imaginable. There are kids suffering starvation.

With all the horrors in the world. It is tough to get worked up because some kid in Florida has same sex parents. Or that the kid might believe they are gay.

As a man. A citizen. A veteran. And as a man of faith who has no doubts as to the existence of God. It is asinine to get worked up over two Daddies, two Mommies, or if the kid is gay.

I see. So basically, your expectation is that everyone should enthusiastically embrace and preach your personal beliefs, regardless of what they themselves might believe, because you have decreed that your beliefs are "What's objectively right and nice", and that's that.

Call me crazy, but I think that dealing with children - especially other people's children - requires a lot more nuance, emotional and verbal dexterity, and consideration for other people's viewpoints than simply, "Well, I'm right and you're wrong. I'm good and you're bad." If one cannot manage that, then one has no business taking on the responsibility of working with other people's children.

What I expect from a teacher in this situation, regardless of their own personal beliefs, is a very neutral, matter-of-fact manner that neither proselytizes for one side or the other nor makes any of the children feel criticized and belittled for their families. I also expect the teacher to then move on to other, less-charged topics as quickly as possible without being awkward, and to refer the kids back to their own parents for deeper discussion.

Does Florida’s “Don’t say Gay Bill” prohibit instruction on heterosexual couples?
Florida’s anti-gay legislation exhibits the fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate of conservatives, and the contempt for sound, responsible governance of Republicans.

Indeed, the OP’s question illustrates the incompetence and stupidity of Republican lawmakers.

Does Florida’s “Don’t say Gay Bill” prohibit instruction on heterosexual couples?​

That’s Leftwhiner’s disingenuous thread title. Mentioning that a child’s parents are mommy and daddy isn’t any more prohibited than mentioning that the kid’s parents are mommy and mommy. The mere mentioning of the parents isn’t addressed at all by the actual legislation which also is not called “don’t say gay” and doesn’t prohibit mentioning gay.

I see. So basically, your expectation is that everyone should enthusiastically embrace and preach your personal beliefs, regardless of what they themselves might believe, because you have decreed that your beliefs are "What's objectively right and nice", and that's that.

Call me crazy, but I think that dealing with children - especially other people's children - requires a lot more nuance, emotional and verbal dexterity, and consideration for other people's viewpoints than simply, "Well, I'm right and you're wrong. I'm good and you're bad." If one cannot manage that, then one has no business taking on the responsibility of working with other people's children.

What I expect from a teacher in this situation, regardless of their own personal beliefs, is a very neutral, matter-of-fact manner that neither proselytizes for one side or the other nor makes any of the children feel criticized and belittled for their families. I also expect the teacher to then move on to other, less-charged topics as quickly as possible without being awkward, and to refer the kids back to their own parents for deeper discussion.

I was a Sergeant in the Army when Don’t Ask Don’t Tell became the policy. I not only obeyed it. I was enthusiastic for it in front of my troops. It was my duty as a Sergeant. Unless the orders violate regulations, they are to be followed. And good Sergeants never put the blame on someone else. You don’t say. Ok. The Lieutenant says we have to do this. It’s dumb and a waste of time. But this is what he wants. The Sergeant issues the instructions as if he either came up with it himself, or wholeheartedly supports it.

Any objections I had would be expressed in private to my superiors. And I would not allow my Troops to get a hint of my personal ideals or opinions.

I do the exact same thing today when at work. I don’t make snide comments about my superiors. I refer to each and every one of them as Sir, or Ma’am. I call them Mister, Miss, or Missus. Even when talking to coworkers I refer to them that way.

I may think the instructions are dumb. But I carry them out to the best of my ability.

That is not special. It isn’t some sort of treason. It is the duty of a subordinate towards the superior. If I am unable to carry out the instructions. I am morally bound to resign.

I shouldn’t have to say this. But obviously the condition exists. The instructions are not illegal.

This is what I was taught. By parents. By Church. And by the Military.

And before you say that isn’t what Church teaches. Are we so arrogant as to demand answers from God? I don’t get to decide who goes to Hell and who goes to Heaven. Nowhere in Scripture does it proclaim that I or any other Mortal have any such say. That decision is made by God. I am not willing to substitute my judgement for His.

Dear Florida parent/caretaker:

The Florida house of Representatives has recently ruled that “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students.”

To be in accordance with this policy, I will no longer be referring to your student with gendered pronouns. All students will be referred to as “The” or “them.” I will no longer use a gendered title such as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” or make any references to my husband/wife in the classroom. From now on I will be using the non-gendered title “Mx.”

Furthermore, I will be removing all books or instruction which refer to a person being a “mother,” “Father,” “husband” or “wife” as these are gender identities that also may allude to sexual orientation. Needless to say, all books which refer to a character as “he” or “She” will also be removed from the classroom. If you have any concerns about this policy, please feel free to contact your local congressperson.

Thank you, Mx. XXXXXXXXXX

Not sure, but if you're talking to my 5-year old about ANYTHING sexual, I want you in jail, in general population, fighting off the gang-bangers who don't mind killing 3 people in a driveby, but they draw the line at child molesters. You're a pedophile, period.
That’s common knowledge around here.those last three words.

Republicans seem obsessed with the use of restrooms these days

The new Florida law prohibits discussion of gender identity in Grades K-3.

Designating Restrooms as either “Boys” or “Girls” is a gender identity and is prohibited by law

Republicans seem obsessed with the use of restrooms these days

The new Florida law prohibits discussion of gender identity in Grades K-3.

Designating Restrooms as either “Boys” or “Girls” is a gender identity and is prohibited by law
Again, the chicks with dicks need to worry more about natural law than anything you gender-confused animals come up with. A father that cares can be brutal.

50.jpg

Ok. Little Sally stands up and says she has two mommies. Bobby asks how you can have two mommies? What is the teacher going to say? You can? You can’t? Open your books to page seven and we are going to discuss the continuing dark ages on science?
How about Little Sally was adopted or from a broken home or her daddy was just sperm donor........and that Little Sally's two mommies have "issues" that aren't normal.
Because little sally certainly only had one female EGG mommy donor and one male Sperm daddy donor

Last edited:
How about Little Sally was adopted or from a broken home or her daddy was just sperm donor........and that Little Sally's two mommies have "issues" that aren't normal.
Because little sally certainly only had one female EGG mommy donor and one male Sperm daddy donor

What issues? What issues do the two mommies have? They are both females. They are women. Women are mommies. So what issues are there?

I don’t care how Sally came to be. I don’t care if it was a sperm donation, or a night with a picked guy. I don’t care. It’s none of my business. And so long as Sally is cared for and loved, it’s nobody’s business.

There probably has never been a family like the Cleavers. Ward and June never really existed. Oh people might pretend they existed, but nobody really believes that.

Reality is a lot different, and usually darker. Both my parents worked. I can say they had arguments, and even loud arguments. I don’t think either ever struck the other, so I can’t say they fought. But sometimes the arguments got loud, and very heated.

We didn’t have everything that our friends had. We didn’t have air conditioning, and in summer Southern California gets hot. We didn’t have cable TV, and we didn’t have a lot of things that others had. But one thing we did have, was honor, and love.

My parents loved me. They cared for me. And they tried to provide the best they could. They weren’t Father knows Best, or any of the other TV shows. IT wasn’t even Archie Bunker.

We were. And today I honor them by remembering the lessons we were taught. The truths that have guided me in this life.

I had friends with one parent. I had friends with divorced parents, or dead parents. I had friends who had parents serving time, or the military. I had friends who lived with grandparents because their parents were drug addicts.

Nobody had a perfect family. Nobody had the average family. Everyone had issues.

One of my really good friends lived with his Cousin. No grandparents, no parents. Grandparents were dead, and parents just weren’t there. He never wanted to talk about it, and I respected it.

I joined the Army, and he went to college. He is a teacher today, and I operate heavy equipment.

Another friend, his Mom was divorced. His Father lived in another state, and he never saw his dad. He lived at home with his brother, and his mom. And they were sweet people, and good friends. I felt sincere sorrow when his Mother died about ten years ago.

My friend now works for an oil company as a truck driver. Hauling supplies to the various rigs. Hauling things out when they are done with them, or that need to be repaired.

There is no perfect family. And everyone has issues. Especially you.

What issues? What issues do the two mommies have? They are both females. They are women. Women are mommies. So what issues are there?

I don’t care how Sally came to be. I don’t care if it was a sperm donation, or a night with a picked guy. I don’t care. It’s none of my business. And so long as Sally is cared for and loved, it’s nobody’s business.

There probably has never been a family like the Cleavers. Ward and June never really existed. Oh people might pretend they existed, but nobody really believes that.

Reality is a lot different, and usually darker. Both my parents worked. I can say they had arguments, and even loud arguments. I don’t think either ever struck the other, so I can’t say they fought. But sometimes the arguments got loud, and very heated.

We didn’t have everything that our friends had. We didn’t have air conditioning, and in summer Southern California gets hot. We didn’t have cable TV, and we didn’t have a lot of things that others had. But one thing we did have, was honor, and love.

My parents loved me. They cared for me. And they tried to provide the best they could. They weren’t Father knows Best, or any of the other TV shows. IT wasn’t even Archie Bunker.

We were. And today I honor them by remembering the lessons we were taught. The truths that have guided me in this life.

I had friends with one parent. I had friends with divorced parents, or dead parents. I had friends who had parents serving time, or the military. I had friends who lived with grandparents because their parents were drug addicts.

Nobody had a perfect family. Nobody had the average family. Everyone had issues.

One of my really good friends lived with his Cousin. No grandparents, no parents. Grandparents were dead, and parents just weren’t there. He never wanted to talk about it, and I respected it.

I joined the Army, and he went to college. He is a teacher today, and I operate heavy equipment.

Another friend, his Mom was divorced. His Father lived in another state, and he never saw his dad. He lived at home with his brother, and his mom. And they were sweet people, and good friends. I felt sincere sorrow when his Mother died about ten years ago.

My friend now works for an oil company as a truck driver. Hauling supplies to the various rigs. Hauling things out when they are done with them, or that need to be repaired.

There is no perfect family. And everyone has issues. Especially you.
One at most would be her mommy---------the child would still have a daddy somewhere and that isn't the other woman. Just because this child parents aren't in the normal range doesn't mean that the other kids should be lied to, warp, and indoctrinated into that life style that isn't the norm. One man and ONE woman make a child.....This is what little kids should be learning, not the oddball unstable issues that you advocate for. Leave the kids alone. Let them learn the basics and figure who they are as teens----at which point, you mentally ill still need to leave them alone and let them figure what they are as we all do without adults indoctrinating.

Forum List

Back