Does everyone understand the tax issue?

Wow, I almost lost a limb when those moving goalposts flew by.

Yea
you also have nothing to add to the debate
the issues with a tax hike is simple
you take more money from the consumer, he or she is going to spend less
you take more money from a corporation, they will charge more money for ther service and or product
Te term squeeze on the middle class mean anything to you?

You can't keep cutting taxes without cutting spending. You end up bankrupt it's simple math.

The most egregious sin that our politicians have been committing for the past 30 years is cutting taxes without cutting spending proportionately.

We have to stop pretending that America's government need not be paid for.

to start with and for the recoed we should have had a vat tax to fund both wars that would have been removed by 50% asw each war ended
like now the one for iraq would have ended
after that GWB and his medicare expansion needed funding that should have been a direct cost to your payroll tax that funds medicare
it would have been pennies

Now after that we would have been even thru 2008
after that Obama went crazy
he never let a crises goto waste
he did exactly what he wanted to do
GWB knew after the wars ended we were close to a balanced budget with 5% UE
(see 2007)

We need more tax revenue because BHO added 700-800 billion on what we spend yearly

"Any business that cannot survive without help from the government, should not survive." Ronald Reagan.

I own a company. I hire 100% American. I pay my taxes 100% in America. I think that should be the simple litmus test for government handouts.
And yes, they are government handouts.
If my American company owes $100K in taxes and the government says "Hey, because your lobbyists buddies were so nice to me, you only have to pay $70K!", they've just handed me $30,000.

What's frustrating is that the companies that are getting the handouts don't hire 100% or even 70% American. They don't pay their taxes 100% or even 70% in America.
We're giving money away to foreigners who, contrary to the latest GOP bumper sticker phrase, are not "job creators". If they were, we would have evidence of it i.e. jobs.

To start with the lie that the GOP has stated there the job creators is become somewhat funny
I have not heard any republican nor have I seen any bumper sticker stating that

Let me add that they (the GOP) have not been in power since 2007

I may not be responding to what your intent is
With respect i am not sure what it is your trying to say

My apologies that my post caused you so much confusion.
1. Senator John Boehner used the phrase "Job Creators" almost a month ago and it caught on with Republicans like flash fire. Eric Cantor, McConnell, Bachmann etc... have all used the phrase at least once a day since. I have not seen any Democrats using the phrase at all - please correct me if you can cite this.
2. A "bumper sticker phrase" is a short, catchy phrase that is intended to influence voters. Like "Drill, Baby drill!", "Less government" or "Job Creators". It does not necessarily appear on bumper stickers.
3. The GOP hold the majority now. That would be since 2007.

To simplify: I am saying is that the GOP Exclusively, has been advocating special tax breaks, subsidies and other giveaways to huge companies.
These handouts are continued in the Ryan Plan.
These companies have not and are not providing new jobs to Americans.
They do not pay their taxes exclusively in America.
I feel that if we are going to have the government help companies, it should be only those companies that hire and pay taxes 100% in America.

I hope that was simple and clear enough for you to now understand.

"Any business that cannot survive without help from the government, should not survive." Ronald Reagan.

I own a company. I hire 100% American. I pay my taxes 100% in America. I think that should be the simple litmus test for government handouts.
And yes, they are government handouts.
If my American company owes $100K in taxes and the government says "Hey, because your lobbyists buddies were so nice to me, you only have to pay $70K!", they've just handed me $30,000.

What's frustrating is that the companies that are getting the handouts don't hire 100% or even 70% American. They don't pay their taxes 100% or even 70% in America.
We're giving money away to foreigners who, contrary to the latest GOP bumper sticker phrase, are not "job creators". If they were, we would have evidence of it i.e. jobs.

To start with the lie that the GOP has stated there the job creators is become somewhat funny

1. Senator John Boehner used the phrase "Job Creators" almost a month ago and it caught on with Republicans like flash fire. Eric Cantor, McConnell, Bachmann etc... have all used the phrase at least once a day since. I have not seen any Democrats using the phrase at all - please correct me if you can cite this.
2. A "bumper sticker phrase" is a short, catchy phrase that is intended to influence voters. Like "Drill, Baby drill!", "Less government" or "Job Creators". It does not necessarily appear on bumper stickers.

To simplify: I am saying is that the GOP Exclusively, has been advocating special tax breaks, subsidies and other giveaways to huge companies.
I feel that if we are going to have the government help companies, it should be only those companies that hire and pay taxes 100% in America.

Simple enough?
Do you understand why these corporations do not pay there taxes exclusively in this country?
every action has a reaction
Do you have any links to back up your claim?
What about GM? do we let them go chapter 7 because they buy products made in Mexico?
you want to talk about Obama plan?
General Motors to invest $540 mln in Central Mexico - Autos & Trends
GM to Build in Mexico | Economy In Crisis

is that simple enough for you

Simple enough?
Do you understand why these corporations do not pay there taxes exclusively in this country?
What about GM? do we let them go chapter 7 because they buy products made in Mexico?

Ahhhh. So it's not that you're um "slow", it's that you're a ConservaRepub drone. Your opinions are fed to you. Okay got it.
1. You really should learn the difference between "their" and "there". Wait. Americans know that. You're not an illegal alien are you? Well don't worry, I won't tell! :eusa_whistle:

2. Yes. They do not pay taxes here because they do business and hire people elsewhere. And that justifies special breaks, subsidies etc... HOW exactly? It amazes me that the GOP is able to dupe so many morons into believing that it helps Americans, to give our money away to non-American companies. Because becasue the sell it, you will yell it.

3. To back up which claim? That Exxon or Conoco Phillps don't hire exclusively American. Sorry, I assumed I was addressing someone who would be able to figure at least that much out on their own. Tell ya what: Once Glenn Beck and Rush tell this, then you can believe it! Won't that be nice.

4. What about GM? Did they get special tax breaks or did they just use the tax code that has been around for a decade? You don't know, do you? Of course not. It's not like Hannity told you that part.
Oh, and personally, I don't think we should have handed them the bailout money. That was a stupid move done by a bad president. Oh well.

5. Sure I'll talk about an Obama plan! Didn't know there was one. The guy sucks. Oh wait. YOu thought that because I don't drink the same kool-aid as you, I must be one of "them", didn't you? Oops. Nope. Not a LibDem.

Was all that clear enough for you or where they're two menny wurds?

Simple enough?

Ahhhh. So it's not that you're um "slow", it's that you're a ConservaRepub drone. Your opinions are fed to you. Okay got it.
1. You really should learn the difference between "their" and "there". Wait. Americans know that. You're not an illegal alien are you? Well don't worry, I won't tell! :eusa_whistle:

2. Yes. They do not pay taxes here because they do business and hire people elsewhere. And that justifies special breaks, subsidies etc... HOW exactly? It amazes me that the GOP is able to dupe so many morons into believing that it helps Americans, to give our money away to non-American companies. Because becasue the sell it, you will yell it.

3. To back up which claim? That Exxon or Conoco Phillps don't hire exclusively American. Sorry, I assumed I was addressing someone who would be able to figure at least that much out on their own. Tell ya what: Once Glenn Beck and Rush tell this, then you can believe it! Won't that be nice.

4. What about GM? Did they get special tax breaks or did they just use the tax code that has been around for a decade? You don't know, do you? Of course not. It's not like Hannity told you that part.
Oh, and personally, I don't think we should have handed them the bailout money. That was a stupid move done by a bad president. Oh well.

5. Sure I'll talk about an Obama plan! Didn't know there was one. The guy sucks. Oh wait. YOu thought that because I don't drink the same kool-aid as you, I must be one of "them", didn't you? Oops. Nope. Not a LibDem.

you type alot to say nothing
you lonely?
whats with being an ass-hole?

to start with If you understand the tax code 100%, your by your self

Glen Beck? your kidding right?

Lets see
Exxon
Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion - Seeking Alpha
See the diff with you and I is simple
it matters to me so I do my DD
And for the record
The tax system is broke. We need the same system as they have in Texas as I see it

One more thing
get a life
This stuff is not personl ok?

Last edited:
Thank god my spell check is back

This thread has started some people to think, and some not to think

My position is the entire system is broke. We need a system like they use in Florida and Texas

It promotes growth (see Texas, not Florida) with the right amount of de regulation

Simple enough?

you lonely?

Lets see
Exxon
And for the record
The tax system is broke. We need the same system as they have in Texas as I see it

One more thing
get a life

Let's see. You're an asshole. There. Now we're equally "not personal" aren't we?

So you bring up Exxon's 2007 tax bill. Cute. So what. I didn't say they don't pay taxes, I said they don't deserve Redistribution of Wealth / Government Handouts, just because they're big.

Thought it was a simple point. Here, let me tell you what you'll say next - it's on FOX right now.
You'll say these big companies deserve their corporate handouts! Because they are "job creators" and and and... if we stop giving them help from the government (in the form of tax breaks and subsidies) it will have terrible consequences! etc.... blah blah... and total BS

Except the billions and billions we give them constitute only a couple points of their profits and would have almost no effect on line workers at all - only dividends and exec comp. Funny the parts that FOX doesn't tell ya.

you lonely?

Lets see
Exxon
And for the record

One more thing
get a life

Let's see. You're an asshole. There. Now we're equally "not personal" aren't we?

So you bring up Exxon's 2007 tax bill. Cute. So what. I didn't say they don't pay taxes, I said they don't deserve Redistribution of Wealth / Government Handouts, just because they're big.

Thought it was a simple point. Here, let me tell you what you'll say next - it's on FOX right now.
You'll say these big companies deserve their corporate handouts! Because they are "job creators" and and and... if we stop giving them help from the government (in the form of tax breaks and subsidies) it will have terrible consequences! etc.... blah blah... and total BS

Except the billions and billions we give them constitute only a couple points of their profits and would have almost no effect on line workers at all - only dividends and exec comp. Funny the parts that FOX doesn't tell ya.

I dont recall calling you an ass-hole, but if it makes you feel better I am ok with it
Acting like one? you have been
You have done nothing but make implications
Its the way the liberal mind works
Never deal in facts
Whether you realize it or not, thats what you are you when it comes to these matters

As far as companies receiving "corporate handouts" if you have read many of my threads you would know I think the entire system is broke
I traveled 706 miles from my home to Texas
Why?
they have a tax system as well as the regulations in place to promote growth
simply put there is work here
This country would be allot better shape if we would follow there lead
I had no choice, Obama's policies do not help white, non union "red necks" from the south

We have yet to see any of the stimulus nor have we seen any of Tarp (except about 6.00 a week in a tax break we got for a year, I think it was about that much)

See another item about GWB
when he had a stimulus, every body got some cash
real cash

Let me add from 2001 till 2011 his tax rate has allowed me to keep an additional 35,000.00
That I have used to help the economy
2 trucks and one new travel trailer

Any way have a good day
Chill out

I dont recall calling you an ass-hole, but if it makes you feel better I am ok with it
Never deal in facts
Whether you realize it or not, thats what you are you when it comes to these matters

As far as companies receiving "corporate handouts" if you have read many of my threads you would know I think the entire system is broke
Why?
I had no choice, Obama's policies do not help white, non union "red necks" from the south

We have yet to see any of the stimulus nor have we seen any of Tarp (except about 6.00 a week in a tax break we got for a year, I think it was about that much)

real cash

Let me add from 2001 till 2011 his tax rate has allowed me to keep an additional 35,000.00

Any way have a good day
Chill out[/QUOTE]

Okay, you say all I do is "make implications". So I provide a couple of companies that do not hire 100% American or pay their taxes 100% in America. My opinion is that they should not get handouts - which they do. If my company owes $100K in taxes and the Govmnt says "Tell ya what, your lobbyists have done such a great job, you only have to pay us $70K" - then they just handed me $30K. That's EXACTLY what they do with Big Oil and MNE's. I can't believe people are duped into believing this is a good thing whilee concurrently whining about the deficit.
So I bring this up and what do you do? Dodge. Evade. Ask for a cite to prove that Exxon is international?!?!?! Really? You really need proof that Exxon is multi-national? Nah. Just dodges.
SO give me all the crap you want about me not being direct but you are the one who has provided zero credibility, zero substance, zero of pretty much anything on this issue.

Oh and btw, Texas is not doing well SOLELY because of their tax system. We just came from Sugar Land. You really have no clue that the huge presence of - waddya know - Big Oil might have something to do with it?
Of course not. It is only because of their "great tax system". You betcha!
The only people I know who whine about the deficit at the same time they defend these handouts, are Republicans. Not Dems, Not Independents, Not Tea Partiers. Deep Blue Kool-Aid drinkers. Because really, who else is stupid enough to fall for this crap?

Never deal in facts

Why?

real cash

Any way have a good day
Chill out

Okay, you say all I do is "make implications". So I provide a couple of companies that do not hire 100% American or pay their taxes 100% in America. My opinion is that they should not get handouts - which they do. If my company owes $100K in taxes and the Govmnt says "Tell ya what, your lobbyists have done such a great job, you only have to pay us $70K" - then they just handed me $30K. That's EXACTLY what they do with Big Oil and MNE's. I can't believe people are duped into believing this is a good thing whilee concurrently whining about the deficit.
So I bring this up and what do you do? Dodge. Evade. Ask for a cite to prove that Exxon is international?!?!?! Really? You really need proof that Exxon is multi-national? Nah. Just dodges.
SO give me all the crap you want about me not being direct but you are the one who has provided zero credibility, zero substance, zero of pretty much anything on this issue.

Oh and btw, Texas is not doing well SOLELY because of their tax system. We just came from Sugar Land. You really have no clue that the huge presence of - waddya know - Big Oil might have something to do with it?
The only people I know who whine about the deficit at the same time they defend these handouts, are Republicans. Not Dems, Not Independents, Not Tea Partiers. Deep Blue Kool-Aid drinkers. Because really, who else is stupid enough to fall for this crap?[/QUOTE]

I think if you state the tax system is broke, you may think that, well its broke
SO the links I provided with each subject matter are not credible?
I also think I mentioned the regulations in the Texas that has much to do with the work thats going on in places.
If we where allowed to be mining oil shale in places it exists
drill for the same
Waddya know, Kind of goes along with the regulation aspect of it

You call what Obama is doing dependable?

Never deal in facts

Why?

real cash

Any way have a good day
Chill out

The only people I know who whine about the deficit at the same time they defend these handouts, are Republicans. Not Dems, Not Independents, Not Tea Partiers. Deep Blue Kool-Aid drinkers. Because really, who else is stupid enough to fall for this crap?

I think if you state the tax system is broke, you may think that, well its broke
I also think I mentioned the regulations in the Texas that has much to do with the work thats going on in places.
drill for the same

You call what Obama is doing dependable?[/QUOTE]

All great. So you're for giving away billions to big profitable companies because?

Never deal in facts

Why?

real cash

Any way have a good day
Chill out

drill for the same

You call what Obama is doing dependable?

All great. So you're for giving away billions to big profitable companies because?[/QUOTE]

To start with How can I agree with statement that I am for giving anyone anything if I would like to see the entire system thrown away and replaced with a system like Florida and Texas has?

Another item, why have we come to a place in this country that this political stuff has become so personal? I mean I do not hate Obama.
Boy the hate for GWB still festers
Barrack Hussein Obama is FAILING
no he has Failed
Thats not personal
thats a fact

For the good of this country in 2012 he must be replaced. Hillary Clinton would do a much better job
I would not vote for her.
This country needs jobs and to create jobs you must allow opportunistic events to take seed
Mindfully regulated extraction of oil shale in Canada is so good it is where we get most of ours from
why not get it from here?
Same with nuclear power

Last edited:

Forum List

Back