Does everyone understand the tax issue?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JRK, Jul 8, 2011.

1. JRK

JRK Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +312
    Revenue?
    Raising taxes on corporations whether it be Exxon or Ma and Pas Bakery only means the consumer will pay more for the product

We are at a point in this country in which we must curtail spending
    The middle class is squeezed all it can stand, and if you make 200,000 a year and give up 70,000 a year in income tax

Your giving up enough

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    and with almost half the country paying in nothing and taking from the pot doesn't help either. It has not helped - it will never help and needs to stop.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Does it?

Yes we need to stop our masters from spending dough that makes them rich and leaving us with the debts, I quite agree.

How?

Certainly you cannot think that supporting either the GOP or the Dems is going to accomplish that, can you?

4. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    Yes, I understand the tax issue, FULLY. Every April 15 when I whip out the checkbook and write a large one to the U.S. Treasury!

These assholes calling for raising taxes truly irriate the shit out of me. I pay enough. They want more, let them stroke a fucking check.

5. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,179

A lost cause JRK.........

Firstly........the k00ks are motiviated primarily by this obsession with sticking it to people who are successful. Its why they live in a state of perpetual misery. This "get the bastards" foundation in their thinking is beyond gone.

The second fcukk up is this inability to think on the margin. To your point above......they never worry themselves with answering the question of "At what cost?". An economy to them is some static thing that will automatically work if you simply slam the wealthy with taxes to pay for everything. The growth dynamic is a disconnect for them. Its not an intelligence thing........its a thought process problem thing which some people dont understand.

Progressive tax policies have never worked in the history of the world, but the class warfare strategy is very effective because there are the millions and millions of people out there that have a simpleton view of the economy. Too.......like miserable liberals, they are miserable too, unable to accept responsibility for their own personal fcukked up decisions in life, they seek to fubar the winners of the world. In a world with lots of naive, liberals benefit mightily. There is a huge % of Americans who think that government can solve their problems = the biggest problem America faces today. They see government as an ally and business as evil when the truth is, its exactly the opposite.

American businesses are sitting on trillions right now waiting for the opportunity to invest it which would lead to an enormous boom in jobs......perhaps historic. Wont happen as long as there is this huge contingent that wants to take it to level the playing field with their money, thus fostering more independence on government. THAT is the reason the economy is fcukked right now.......and not enough Americans understand it.

6. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Anybody making 200k and paying 70K in income taxes needs serious, serious help...and a new calculator.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    That's why you have to support candidates, Dem or Repub, who are anti war and anti-federal reserve.

The Fed printing money while we're involved in 5 wars is the recipe for economic disaster. And I can only assume it's being done intentionally.

8. JRK

JRK Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +312
    This makes my point
    the system is broke
    I make 65000 a year and pay in 12,000, just in income
    federal
    does not include Medicare and SS, state, etc....

We need a system like Florida and Texas has

9. JRK

JRK Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +312
    The stimulus (failed ) cost as much in 3 as both wars did in 8
    we are gtetting out of Iraq and have stopped combat sense end 08 as GWB had planned as well as the 2011 100% end
    Little-known fact: Obama's failed stimulus program cost more than the Iraq war | Examiner Staff Writer | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

10. JRK

JRK Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +312
    The problem right now is what do you invest it in?
    Oil shale expansion would turn some of those dollars lose
    For ever If a person had no where else to invest, they could always invest in real estate

The idiots who signed loans they could not pay as well as the idiots who wrote them ended that
    Obama does not realize this
    It has never been personal to me