Does Earth's magnetic field have any effect at all on the climate? Bueller? Anyone?

a4810108018c2b204e552ed5e4529cd4

Weird thing happening to Earth’s ‘shield’

"Earth’s magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. But now it’s acting up — and nobody knows why."

This is why we snicker at the AGW Cult
Pretty sure it does. The earths atmosphere is affected by this which coincidentally is where the climate is. What kind of dumb question is this?

So, do any of your sock accounts have even a passing familiarity with science?
Whats a sock account?

It's for those O.G. among us who don't trust the banks. Question is, athletic sock? or fine wool?

The magnetic field coupled with earths rotation is what drives all weather.

Rubbish, unless you can show me what in our atmosphere is magnetic. Hold out a magnet and tell me how many Nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, methane or water droplets it attracts. What droves our weather is the SUN, coupled with the rotation and tilting of our Earth. The Sun heats the atmosphere and the rotation causes it to mix in an uneven way. The Earth's attempt to equalize and distribute the heating and related water vapor is what drives weather.
Explain why our atmosphere is not flung from our planet with rotation.. I'll wait.
Its best not to argue with retards. I cant believe this is even a thread. :laugh:

I see Toobfreak and Crick are now buds who both share the same crackpot alarmist ideas...

So when did you two determine that gravity has no electrical charge component? By the way, your no electron charge idea about gravity violates every known law of physics relating to bonds.. (gravity and/or magnetism)..

The magnetic field coupled with earths rotation is what drives all weather.

Rubbish, unless you can show me what in our atmosphere is magnetic. Hold out a magnet and tell me how many Nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, methane or water droplets it attracts. What droves our weather is the SUN, coupled with the rotation and tilting of our Earth. The Sun heats the atmosphere and the rotation causes it to mix in an uneven way. The Earth's attempt to equalize and distribute the heating and related water vapor is what drives weather.
Explain why our atmosphere is not flung from our planet with rotation.. I'll wait.
Its best not to argue with retards. I cant believe this is even a thread. :laugh:
Its probably magical CO2 holding everything in place...

No. I hate to tell you this, but none of the constituents of the Earth's atmosphere are affected by magnetic fields. There is a hypothesis that's been floating around for some time that contends that cosmic ray particles are responsible for seeding the growth of clouds and thus the Earth's magnetic field, by affecting the number and energy level of such particles, affects the climate. Check out The earth's magnetic field impacts climate//Viewzone. This sort of effect was also investigated at CERN just a couple years ago.

"it can only be explained through the magnetic field's blocking of the cosmetic rays,"

Another article of higher learning for the internet age. o_O The main thing that blocks cosmic rays is the atmosphere itself, when the cosmic ray particle collides with atoms in the upper atmosphere, it breaks them up into other, lower energy particles. While magnetically influenced, cosmic ray particles are too fast and too high energy to be stopped in whole by Earth's weak magnetic field which is why they shower down through our atmosphere.

View attachment 239806 View attachment 239807

ToobFreak, the comment concerned the affect of the Earth's magnetic field on solar wind particles, not cosmic rays.

No. I hate to tell you this, but none of the constituents of the Earth's atmosphere are affected by magnetic fields. There is a hypothesis that's been floating around for some time that contends that cosmic ray particles are responsible for seeding the growth of clouds and thus the Earth's magnetic field, by affecting the number and energy level of such particles, affects the climate. Check out The earth's magnetic field impacts climate//Viewzone. This sort of effect was also investigated at CERN just a couple years ago.
The article says the opposite of your first sentence

"Earth’s magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. But now it’s acting up — and nobody knows why."

So let me make sure I understand this. You laugh at people for not knowing enough and the reason you laugh is because they’re trying to find out?
That’s the ignorance of the right wing. They have the nerve to laugh at others for not knowing enough. But then when people try to figure out what the problem is and what’s going on they laugh at them for their efforts.
I think they feel they’re doing payback for all the times people laughed at right wing ignorance.

No, it does not. It states that the climate has been affected by the Earth's magnetic field. The climate is not a constituent of the atmosphere.

So let me make sure I understand this. You laugh at people for not knowing enough and the reason you laugh is because they’re trying to find out?
That’s the ignorance of the right wing. They have the nerve to laugh at others for not knowing enough. But then when people try to figure out what the problem is and what’s going on they laugh at them for their efforts.
I think they feel they’re doing payback for all the times people laughed at right wing ignorance.
I laugh because you claim you know EVERYTHING and the only way to stop "climate change" is to throttle the US economy.

What are you doing about China?

How can you ignore that the magnetic field affects climate and throttling the US economy does NOTHING to offset that.

Your arrogance is hysterical, your ignorance is even funnier.

You pinheads still claim to be science-minded intellectuals

"it can only be explained through the magnetic field's blocking of the cosmetic rays,"

Another article of higher learning for the internet age. o_O The main thing that blocks cosmic rays is the atmosphere itself, when the cosmic ray particle collides with atoms in the upper atmosphere, it breaks them up into other, lower energy particles. While magnetically influenced, cosmic ray particles are too fast and too high energy to be stopped in whole by Earth's weak magnetic field which is why they shower down through our atmosphere.

View attachment 239806 View attachment 239807

ToobFreak, the comment concerned the affect of the Earth's magnetic field on solar wind particles, not cosmic rays.

It SAYS cosmic rays (er, ah, cosmetic rays). I guess those look better). o_O

I'm quickly coming to the realization that of all the people here that tell me they have advanced degrees in this or that, that 95% of them are liars and 4% of the remainder got the degree but whose grades were too poor to ever actually land a job in their field.

So when did you two determine that gravity has no electrical charge component? By the way, your no electron charge idea about gravity violates every known law of physics relating to bonds.. (gravity and/or magnetism)..

Hey BONEHEAD, you DO realize you're talking to someone with degrees in physics, studies quantum theory as a hobby and used to design global telecom? DO PLEASE provide us with a link to anything short of some crackpot website that tells us that gravity has an "electrical charge component"? Do you even know what a gauge boson is and that one of the problems with current GUT is that there is no known force carrier for gravity? Yet you've apparently found an "electrical charge component"?

GOOD GOD MAN, what are you sitting there for? You need to contact CERN and Peter Higgs---- you will be getting a Nobel Prize!!! Back to reality, man, where did I even bring up anything about gravity and electron charges? SHOW ME THE POST. Do you even fucking know who you are talking to? Do you know what day of the week it is? Do please list all the known physical laws relating to bonds I have violated. I'm up for a good laugh from another USMB fucking JACKASS.

BTW, IDIOT, there is NO relationship between the gravitational attraction of matter (current theory postulates that the gravity field actually originates from dark matter) and the EM force.

Wow.

Believe me Frank, the magnetic field of the Earth has no measurable effect on our atmosphere much less the weather. The flux density of the Earth's magnetic field at the surface is between 25 to 65 microtesla according to a source I just checked (0.000025 - 0.000065 tesla); A neodymium magnet can have 1.4 tesla (56,000X stronger).

Well spoken by one of the biggest leftards here who makes it his full time job of laughing at and denigrating every conservative who disagrees with him as a blooming idiot! That is practically the only answer you ever get from a leftard, to laugh at and comment how stupid you are! Now this schmutch declares it "the ignorance of the right wing." Pretty good.

When did you determine that it does?

Please show us a reference that indicates gravity has an "electrical charge component".

Please show us any known law of physics that would be violated by the contention that electrical charge is irrelevant to the function of gravity.

Billy, I don't know why you made that mistake about the mag field holding the atmosphere in place, but it was obviously a mistake and there is no getting around it with pseudo science gobbledy-gook. I strongly suggest admitting you just brain-farted and move on. We all make mistakes.

There is an easy explanation for Billy's Fizzics. He is merely a troll getting a rise out of everyone except the most retarded.

I thought he seemed to be really embarrassed. I could be wrong, though.

Gawd I love seeing alarmist go totally bonkers when thier crackpot AGW religion is torn apart.... Just wow... In their world and psuedo-science view everything would be flung from the earths surface....

Forum List

Back