Does Breast Cancer belong in the NFL?

On the other hand, if you don't believe it's important, than nobody else should, either.

Perhaps if you loosened the blinders a tad.

Now you screwed up. I never said it wasn't important, I just said that it didn't belong there. Cancer research is the domain of research institutions and possibly the government agencies that fund them. An NFL advertising campaign is a waste of time. Leave the football fans alone. One day is all we ask. Is a one day reprieve from the PC BS world we live in too much to ask?

Get a grip on your own boundaries. :cuckoo: NFL is free to do whatever they want.

And if the fans don't like it they won't do it anymore. You should get a grip. You don't strike me as being football fan. And, you're the first one to bring up the getting your head examined thing. What's the matter, you don't like people who disagree? "Get your head examined" is the best you had? If you have a position, state it. If you don't, piss off, canadian, or Brit, or whatever you are.

Now you screwed up. I never said it wasn't important, I just said that it didn't belong there. Cancer research is the domain of research institutions and possibly the government agencies that fund them. An NFL advertising campaign is a waste of time. Leave the football fans alone. One day is all we ask. Is a one day reprieve from the PC BS world we live in too much to ask?

Get a grip on your own boundaries. :cuckoo: NFL is free to do whatever they want.

And if the fans don't like it they won't do it anymore. You should get a grip. You don't strike me as being football fan. And, you're the first one to bring up the getting your head examined thing. What's the matter, you don't like people who disagree? "Get your head examined" is the best you had? If you have a position, state it. If you don't, piss off, canadian, or Brit, or whatever you are.

Seriously? You're not actually trying to use my logic against you re: people resorting to insults against someone else, are you?

It's infectious, ain't it? And you have to redd up your office!

Also, neither chip-chop nor jumbo leak. Ahrn City does!
images
:thup: And here I thought it was "rid". Thanks for the correction!

It is infectious. And redd up is a very useful and descriptive term - the only one that I have really adopted in my regular vocab.
Ya mean yinz don't get cheesed off at a jagoff neighbor for not puttin' salt down on his slippy sidewalk in the winter? Yinz aren't irked by a nebby in-law? Yinz never get a drip from your spigot? And yinz never say "Kennywood's open!" when somebody's fly is unzipped? Yinz never went dahntahn to the Jenkins Arcade? Yinz never rode the incline and wondered what the hell they meant when they asked for directions to the funicular?:lol:
LMAO! Recognized the jagoff, cheesed off, slippy (man, my mother used to say that ALL the time - slippy). Been to Kennywood (didn't know about it being used to say your fly is open). Ridden the funicluar, too, but couldn't give directions to it if my life depended on it. Don't know 'nebby', though.

Thanks for the memories!

Anyhow... Those with bruised egos should just tape an aspirin to it, cover it with a band-aid, and walk it off. You'll all bounce back.

bandages_lg.jpg

If you don't leave our thing alone, we're going to come to your alanon meeting and make you wish you were never born.

If you don't leave our thing alone, we're going to come to your alanon meeting and make you wish you were never born.

Alanon? Isn't that alcoholics anonymous, or something?

If so, you seem to be batting a thousand...

I'm about as girly girl as they come, don't drink much, don't like sports, do like racing, and don't care that someone chose to wear pink.. You, however, seem to be real big on telling people what they're about, and trying to stereotype them into something to fit the frame of insults you've decided you want to attempt (albeit poorly) to throw.

What gives? Discontented with your own existence, so have to project on to someone else?

Seriously?

:lol: I stated my position.

What's the matter, you don't like people who disagree?
:razz:

Now you better get going before you miss your appointment for that exam! :cuckoo:

I still gotta go with the Dude here.

No problem with Breast Cancer Awareness....but why the link to the NFL?

17 week season, we can have a different cause every week..

Breast Cancer, AIDS, Muscular Distrophy (gotta support Jerry Lewis), Autism awareness, Juvenile Diabetes, Alcohol awareness, Domestic abuse, Gun Safety (for Plax), Erectile Disfunction (for Steroid users).....

All are equally worthy of an NFL "Day"

There's probably a link to the NFL because someone at the NFL has or had a wife, mother or sister who has, had or died from breast cancer.

more faux outrage over nada....

(not you....the outraged ones).

I think it was a good thing for a good cause and anyone who is upset over it needs to get their head examined. :cool:

I think that many people in this country no longer respect boundaries. They believe if they think it's important, than everyone else should too. I think those people are wrong, and need to get their heads examined.
Boundaries at a privately owned stadium involving privately owned teams? :lol:

What a puss. Next you'll be crying over the advertisements on the stadium walls.

ABOUT THE NFL'S COMMITMENT

The NFL, its clubs and players are proud to support the fight against breast cancer. Our campaign, "A Crucial Catch", in partnership with the American Cancer Society, is focused on the importance of annual screenings, especially for women who are over the age of 40. Throughout October, NFL games will feature players, coaches and referees wearing pink game apparel to raise awareness for the campaign, as well as on-field pink ribbon stencils and special K-balls and pink coins. All apparel worn at games by players and coaches and special K-balls and pink coins will auctioned off at NFL Auction (NFL Auction), with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society and team charities. This is an issue that has directly touched the lives of so many in the NFL family, and we are committed to helping make a difference in breast-cancer prevention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know?

» Because of inadequate federal funding of the breast and cervical cancer screening program, fewer than one in five eligible women get the lifesaving breast cancer screening and treatment they need.

» Breast cancer is the second-most common cancer among women in the United States, but with mammography, it can be found early when the chances of surviving it are high.

» You can help reduce your risk of having breast cancer with regular physical activity, maintaining a health weight, and limiting the amount of alcohol you drink.

» More women than ever are surviving breast cancer through early detection and improved treatments.

The NFL is proud to support the fight against breast cancer

Last edited:
I wonder if they'd consider doing an national dementia awareness tie in since football players are more likely than most to become demented because of all their head injuries. :eusa_whistle::eusa_eh:

:thup: And here I thought it was "rid". Thanks for the correction!

It is infectious. And redd up is a very useful and descriptive term - the only one that I have really adopted in my regular vocab.
Ya mean yinz don't get cheesed off at a jagoff neighbor for not puttin' salt down on his slippy sidewalk in the winter? Yinz aren't irked by a nebby in-law? Yinz never get a drip from your spigot? And yinz never say "Kennywood's open!" when somebody's fly is unzipped? Yinz never went dahntahn to the Jenkins Arcade? Yinz never rode the incline and wondered what the hell they meant when they asked for directions to the funicular?:lol:
LMAO! Recognized the jagoff, cheesed off, slippy (man, my mother used to say that ALL the time - slippy). Been to Kennywood (didn't know about it being used to say your fly is open). Ridden the funicluar, too, but couldn't give directions to it if my life depended on it. Don't know 'nebby', though.

Thanks for the memories!
Yinz might have been on the funicular, but we call it an 'incline'. Nebby is nosey as in "He's so damn nebby! He should mind his own business!"

I wonder if they'd consider doing an national dementia awareness tie in since football players are more likely than most to become demented because of all their head injuries. :eusa_whistle::eusa_eh:
Ever see interviews?

They ain't exactly all there before they play a game.

For the record.

My enjoyment of yesterday's football games was not affected in anyway whatsoever by the fact that I was forced, against my will, to gaze upon the color pink. My manhood took a beating for sure, but the football was as great as it always is... when the Pats win of course. :D

My friend Jennifer, who at age 30, 2 days after the birth of her son, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had both breasts removed. Then they found a tumor in her brain. Thank goodness that was removed too, and she's back teaching, and raising her son with her husband.

One day we were out at lunch and she goes, "If someone gives me one more thing that's pink......................." :lol:

She has good spirits now.

The chance of more cancer coming back in her is pretty high, but for now it's one day at a time.

Anything that helps raise money to help her, and all the women like her, is great imo.

My friend Jennifer, who at age 30, 2 days after the birth of her son, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had both breasts removed. Then they found a tumor in her brain. Thank goodness that was removed too, and she's back teaching, and raising her son with her husband.

One day we were out at lunch and she goes, "If someone gives me one more thing that's pink......................." :lol:

The chance of more cancer coming back in her is pretty high, but for now it's one day at a time.

Anything that helps raise money to help her, and all the women like her, is great imo.
Here here.

My mother died of breast cancer. Anything to bring more awareness to the cause is OK in my book.
My best wishes for your friend Jennifer. How sad to hear news like that 2 days after the birth of a baby. A tragedy.

Jennifer sounds like a trooper. May all good things come her way.

Try explaining that to Dude and Bill.. Anyone not directly affected by it thinks it's a load of shit, and a charade...

Apparently, the football teams do all kinds of horrible things at the games. Yesterday they trotted out these school children that excelled...talk about pandering pcism. :lol:

Forum List

Back