Does being offensive lead to violence?

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
A friend posed this question on another thread and I think it's worthy of it's own thread.

I'm thinking about kids who get bullied for being different and who end up depressed and suicidal.

Suicide is violence against oneself. Think of the kids who ended up killing other students after being bullied themselves.

Being offensive isn't necessarily bullying. One can offend someone withiut bullying them.mSo which subject are you addressing here?

I agree

In this PC sick society we live....you look somebody the wrong way....and you are being offensive.

Give us a break!

Being offensive can and does lead to violence. Nazi propaganda led to the Holocaust. Same propaganda was used to incite violence with the Hutu's and Tutsi's in Africa.

Being offensive isn't necessarily bullying. One can offend someone withiut bullying them.mSo which subject are you addressing here?

I agree

In this PC sick society we live....you look somebody the wrong way....and you are being offensive.

Give us a break!
Yeah, do you object to not being allowed to use the N word or the C word?

I agree

Give us a break!

If I can't say n*gger or c*nt I don't want to live.

I agree

Give us a break!

There we go....I knew it.....immediately jumping with the c and n words.......

Can't you think about other words?????? apart from the c and n words????

You are a bore!

A friend posed this question on another thread and I think it's worthy of it's own thread.

I'm thinking about kids who get bullied for being different and who end up depressed and suicidal.
Where does the violence come in?
During one riot on a palace of louis 16 , Napoleon suggested they should have shot the rioters.

They didn't. Louis ended up losing his crown and life.

Only two ways to deal with a mob: stand them down till you can move on, or, if there is no moving on, then violence.

board topic anyone who has a propensity toward violence doesn't need the excuse that they were offended. those who are not violent will rebuke the offensive language and move on with thier life.

Being offensive can and does lead to violence. Nazi propaganda led to the Holocaust. Same propaganda was used to incite violence with the Hutu's and Tutsi's in Africa.

Yep far left propaganda to hate police has led to violence as well..

So which violence is politically correct?

You are trying to mix up too many variables. Propaganda and being offensive are two different things. If I say you're a pig, I'm being offensive. I'm not spreading propaganda though. Propaganda can have, as an element of it, offensive imagery for example, but that is just part of a whole package of misinformation, blood libels and direct calls for action against those who are being dehumanised and targeted. You are seeking to conflate regular offensiveness with propaganda as a means to carry out crimes against humanity and genocide. It's a bit silly IMHO.

Is the same propaganda is being used with the Hutus' and Tutus' in Chicago?

I agree

Give us a break!
In truth YES. While it IS accepted to use the words Cracker/Honky or Peckerwood Ni##er is out thus that IS racist.

While a woman here can call a man a c#ck sucker a man cannot call a woman a c#nt. Thus that IS sexist. If you can throw the heat you can take the heat.

Forum List

Back