Does Being A U.S. Ally Mean Anything, Georgia Triggers World To Ask?

The United States government should be doing more for the Georgian people to help protect Georgian democracy and sovereignty. America’s honor, credibility and reputation is at stake as a supporter for human rights, democracy and a new order throughout the world where the world is rid of totalitarian and the like forms of government and where peace, non-aggression, human rights and equitable distribution of wealth prevails throughout the world. Particularly, America needs to step-up here because we have called Georgia America’s ally and Georgia came to our aid when asked when America was looking for allies to build a democracy in Iraq back in 2003 when America didn’t have many true friends. It is now America’s turn to be a true friend to Georgia.

To this end, the United States government should take action to protect the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, because if the capital goes, for all practical and intensive purposes the central democratically elected government of Georgia likely goes and the sovereign country of Georgia likely goes. The U.S. government should announce a security line around the capitol (have it be like sixty miles out ) and announce that if the Russian Army passes that line it will consider it an act to destroy the sovereign government of Georgia and end the democratic and sovereign country of Georgia which the U.S. will take extreme actions to prevent. The extreme actions the U.S. should take are the following; the U.S. should begin to air drop and air lift weapon systems into Georgia to help the Georgian Army and Georgian security forces defend their country be it artillery guns, artillery shells, armed Humvees, SAM hand held missiles, hand held heavy duty rockets and the like. Moreover, the U.S. government should publicly announce that if the Russian Army crosses this Tbilisi security line, the U.S. is publicly making an indefinite commitment to provide military assistance to the Georgian people to hold on to their country and democracy and get it back from Russia if Russia prevails in its aggression and this indefinite commitment includes not only overt military assistance to Georgians but also if need be the use of the CIA to funnel weapons to the indigenous people of Georgia to help them fight for freedom and a democratic and sovereign government of Georgia.

The U.S. needs to act immediately and let Russia know this aggression against the sovereign country of Georgia will not be worth it, the long-term costs on the Russian people and the Russian government will be such this aggression will be shown to be clearly wrong and clearly foolish on the part of the Russian government.

Why are rightwingers always so jazzed up for war?

Would you volunteer to go fight to the death for Georgian honor?

What would you have us do different, Eddie? This is a serious question.

Ye Gads, is that all you want from me?

Okay how to turn around the Ship of State, editecian style in 300 words more or less

1. COMPLETE CAMPAIGN REFORM -- No shit, folks, sans this nothing will ever get done. And No, Surpreme dimwit court money does NOT equal free $peech.

How do do that? A straight limit on what any individual can contribute to any campaign OR PARTY (and I mean small, not multiple thousands of dollars bull, either).

And a complete and total camoign spending limit. Possibly we could offset that by demanding FREE airtime for candidates on Radio and TV airwaves that we the PEOPLE FREAKING OWN ANYWAY.

2. Start freaking impeaching POTUSs who go wild and then put them and the criminals who served them in prison, and for the love of GOd stop naming airports after them.

The POTUS is NOT our king, folks, he's an administrator.

REMEMBER CONGRESS, NOT THE EXECUTIVE is SUPPOSED to be the dominent force in the business of AMERICA politics.

If the FF had wanted a king, they'd have annointed Washington.

So limiting Presidential powers (and executive powers that go with it, too) DRAMATICALLY would help.

Inefficinet you say? That's the frekaing point.

Democratic republics are SUPPOSED TO BE INEFFICIENT.

If you want efficienct government, appoint a dictator for LIFE

For example taking Karl fucking Rove and shoving a pineapple up his ass for presuming he has the right to tell the people's REPRESENTATIVES that he doesn't feel like talking is an affront to DEMOCRACY and this REPUBLIC.

There ARE no SECRETS kept from Congress in a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC...secrets are what happens in efite completely corrupted courts of Pashas and Potentates, not in Republics

NOBODY working for the freaking EXECUTIVE GETS TO TELL CONGRESS they don't feel like talking!! Not even the POTUS

My fellow Americans, please for the love of GOD...

STOP voting for REASONABLE MEN AND WOMEN.

Reasonable in this context really means pliable to crappy compromises, going along to get along, and ultimately corruption so thoroughly blatent that it sickens honest people.

I want my congressmen and women to come to Washington with fire in their bellies, not IOUs they've got to pay off so...

Outlaw Professional lobbyists.

A good idea, lobbyists.

One which is BOUND to develop into the K Street madness we have today, where CHINA has more icache with our government than the entire working class!

If congress wants to know something let them hire EXPECTS who do NOT have vested interests in cooking the books for their bosses who pay them to be the mouthpieces for special interests.

Congress has only ONE special interest...the well being of the NATION

I think I ran out my 300 words, limit.

Oh yeah, one more thing I just gotta say

The Constitution of the USA was NOT ENGRAVED IN STONE by the FIREY FINGER OF GOD ALMIGHTY!

I know you've been taught to worship the flounder forking fathers as demigods, but believe me, they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like you or me.

Example?

The Second amendment to the constitution was written by drunken morons or something.

Seriously, how could the same people who penned such beautiful prose possible have been any more vague?

What the fuck does it mean? Nobody knows.

One more thing we can all do...Stop worshipping POWER and MONEY.

The next time some person tells you that people without money are losers?

Stomp him or her into the mud and don't stop stomping until your feet hurt.

Rpeat after me:

You wanna see the virtue of selfishness, punk?

Okay, you money grubbing little puke, let me show you what selfish REALLY means..

There is an undercurrent of antisemitism on this board that is disturbing.

What is going on here?

Kathianne decided to make a little comparison to Israel and decided to sarcastically use the words "evil Joos". Pretty simple really. It had nothing to do with anything anyone had posted. Why drag this racist crap into a good discussion about trusting an ally ?

Estonia became part of the Russian Empire because they won it from Sweden during the Great Northern War....

Lituania became part of the Russian Empire due to the partitions of Poland & the Molotiv-Ribbentrop Pact....

Latvia came under Russian occupation due to the Treaty of Nystad & WW2....

in all of these instances, either access to the Baltic Sea or buffer zones were the justification....

currently, the Russians have access to the Baltic Sea, but have limited access to the Black Sea (only the joint base at Sevastopol grants them this access & will only do so until 2017). Georgia is on the Black Sea coast & provides the Russians a sea conduit to get oil out of the country.

The buffer zone theory doesn't hold much water any longer because there are no more ideological struggles with the West. As long as the money keeps flowing east from Europe, there is no reason for a buffer zone.....both societies are capitalistic in nature.....

Put simply, the threat for the Russians doesn't come from the West anymore because of business relationships & major economic dependencies & the lack of any ideological difference. The threat comes from the South with militant Islam & the Chinese. Creating an economic powerhouse by invading Georgia & possibly the other old Soviet Central Asian Republics serves the goal of keeping militant Islam at bay (here is where your buffer zone theory comes into play) & putting the Chinese on notice that Russia can project both economic & military power....Putin isn't stupid & he realizes this all too well....the Baltics are already in NATO & the EU so they are off the table politically & militarily.....

Now, finally, some are starting to see the grand strategies at play in the Middle East and South Asia. The Caspian-Aral Sea resources zone is one of the last great untapped, "easy", oil and gas reserves left in the world today. There may be at least, if not more, oil and gas here than in the Persian Gulf.

Russia lost much of that with the fall of the Soviet Union. China and India both covet access. The US does not necessarily need to have the resources but greatly desires be able to project power into the region to influence who has control over what....thus America's new major military presence in Afgahnistan and Iraq. There was a huge STRATEGIC aspect to the US involvement with major military force here and why we are going to be in these two places for DECADES to come, no matter who is President or who runs Congress. Some of these troops are NEVER coming home, just like Korea.

Now, finally, some are starting to see the grand strategies at play in the Middle East and South Asia. The Caspian-Aral Sea resources zone is one of the last great untapped, "easy", oil and gas reserves left in the world today. There may be at least, if not more, oil and gas here than in the Persian Gulf.

Russia lost much of that with the fall of the Soviet Union. China and India both covet access. The US does not necessarily need to have the resources but greatly desires be able to project power into the region to influence who has control over what....thus America's new major military presence in Afgahnistan and Iraq. There was a huge STRATEGIC aspect to the US involvement with major military force here and why we are going to be in these two places for DECADES to come, no matter who is President or who runs Congress. Some of these troops are NEVER coming home, just like Korea.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Great point !---Now lets play global oil for a bit. Just what are everyone's motives to all projecting their power over oil and pipelines ? The US blockaded Japan's oil supply PRIOR to Pearl Harbor. It looks like we haven't gotten very far.
The oil, gas, and other natural resources are going to be used--make no mistake. It appears that the only question is by whom ?

So anytime a piece of a country wants to secede, the neighbors get to come in and take the piece that's seceding?

Great.

Oh yea, I also heard Mccains lobbyist buddy with ties to georgia, is also one of the guys involved in pnac, neo con think tank. this is all planed out. now you are suppose to run to mccain because he will save you from TERRORISM!

Oh yea, I also heard Mccains lobbyist buddy with ties to georgia, is also one of the guys involved in pnac, neo con think tank. this is all planed out. now you are suppose to run to mccain because he will save you from TERRORISM!

Get off you partisan ass and look what is happening. Whoever is elected is going to be pretty damn busy dealing with what has become apparent.

There is an undercurrent of antisemitism on this board that is disturbing.

What is going on here?

Undercurrent?!

The anti-Jewish sentiment here is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Indeed this place is rife with overt racists who can just barely contain themselves.

How many times do we have to read that White people are going to vote for O because of White guilt before it is obvious to you what those people really stand for?

Passive aggressive racist is racism, too, ya know.

Yes, much of the geopolitical posturing going on right now is really about controlling the world's resources of oil.

One has to study ignorance not see that.

The sooner America gets off its oil addition, the sooner we can start squabbling about fresh water.

Get off you partisan ass and look what is happening. Whoever is elected is going to be pretty damn busy dealing with what has become apparent.

You need to follow your own advice. The Republicans are manipulating you with lies and false propoganda. Don't keep falling for it.

I'm not so much pro Democrat as I am anti Republican. I'm not a registered Democrat.

After 20 years of paying close attention, I know who is good and who is evil. I liked Reagan and Bush 1 and Bush 1 did a bad job. I wasn't partisan, he sucked. Then I liked Clinton, because he did a great job, nuff said about that. And I couldn't stand the way the GOP acted in the 90's. I wasn't a flaming liberal, I just knew they were not being intellectually honest. I knew they weren't serving the masses, just the "moral majority". The top 20% at best.

I know what I saw over the past 20 plus years of paying close attention. i know the Democrats aren't perfect. But I know the GOP is the worse of the 2, by far. I wasn't born to flaming liberals who brainwashed me. I wasn't born with a bleeding heart. But I know right from wrong, and the GOP is typically wrong on every issue. That's because it's the wealthy vs the rest of us. The GOP doesn't want to find a happy medium. Our economy is proof of that. I say things were just fine in the 90's. The rich were rich and we weren't all struggling. Whoever thinks this is the better approach is crazy.

Karl Rove isn't called the Architect for nothing. All the things I claim the GOP have done didn't just happen by chance. They/He planned this out. The GOP planned on this new world order, politicizing the government, making the executive branch stronger, and the only way you do that is during war times, etc.

The Republican party does seem more morally challenged than the Dems, I agree, Sealy.

The only thing I can tell is that, based on my read of how the Dems play the game, appearances can be very misleading.

I think pretty much the whole thing is a shadowpuppet threater, to be honest.

The Republican party does seem more morally challenged than the Dems, I agree, Sealy.

The only thing I can tell is that, based on my read of how the Dems play the game, appearances can be very misleading.

I think pretty much the whole thing is a shadowpuppet threater, to be honest.

That's why I didn't support Hillary. She seems like one of the good old boy Democratic insiders that are just as corrupt as the Republicans.

That's why I want 47 year old Obama to win. And I want guys like McCain out of politics. He doesn't even know how to use Technology for christ sakes! He's had 30 years to fix Warshington. My friends, I hope a lot of young politicians replace these old farts who only know how to scare us into voting for them.

If anything, the dems are too weak. But now is the time for diplomacy, not war. The GOP are war mongers.

That's why I didn't support Hillary. She seems like one of the good old boy Democratic insiders that are just as corrupt as the Republicans.

That's why I want 47 year old Obama to win. And I want guys like McCain out of politics. He doesn't even know how to use Technology for christ sakes! He's had 30 years to fix Warshington. My friends, I hope a lot of young politicians replace these old farts who only know how to scare us into voting for them.

If anything, the dems are too weak. But now is the time for diplomacy, not war. The GOP are war mongers.

I have no delusions that Obama is an outsider, Sealy.

If you think that, think again.

Do you really think they let outsiders give opening speeches at National conventions?

Obama was groomed to be the Dems' dark horse candidate, and that grooming process has been going on for a long time.

I suspect that he was the candidate of one faction of the Dems that was appointed to the post to negate the tremendous advantage that Hillary has to gain sympathy votes as a woman.

The Demcorapic party has its own internacine internal struggles, you know?

And FWIW, I'm not saying either side is all that different, merely that they vie for power seriously enough.

Last edited:
That Russian Bear is to hungry for the United States to send any of our Bald Eagle boys
into Georgia!.That bird would be consumed whole by that damn greedy Bear.Lets wait till that Bear pigs out abit, gains some weight, and is out of shape,then we send our Eagle in to swope down and pluck that friggin Bears eye balls out!

Last edited:
Um hmm, sure:

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS; Another Setback for BP Amoco in Its Investment in Russia - New York Times

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Same stuff happened after WWI, when the new regime appeared to be lightening up on the people. US and other Western interests invested and had confiscated the fruits of their investments.

Russia turned communist in the middle of WW1....before that, it was basically a backwards kingdom that couldn't figure out if it was Western or Eastern....

Forum List

Back