Does anyone have a plan for long term employment recovery?

The kind of prosperity your policies have created in Ireland. the Baltic states, and all of southern Europe? On top of a triple dip recession, Europe has a 12.1% overall unemployment rate. Prosperity where? When?

Except for Lithuania, not a single EU nation has used Austerity. Their cuts are relatively small compared to their budgets. It's only Auter compared to the United States, another failed Keynesian experiment waiting to happen.

The UK has been downgraded for the third time, Spain has the largest Budget in Spanish History and France's Budget has already increased.

I understand the entire world can't be failures like the US, but to mistake failed stimulus with Austerity is beyond dumb.

You are a shill for failed policies that have led to an enormous economic catastrophe and human misery of epic proportions. You seem to not be fazed by any of the carnage you have created, which makes you both intellectually and morally bankrupt.

I think you have me confused with Ben Bernanke and Alan Greenspan. Common mistake, I know.

Last edited:
We need to teach kids about how to start and run businesses.
Each new business employs others so if you want to increase employment teach how to start a business.

Except for Lithuania, not a single EU nation has used Austerity. Their cuts are relatively small compared to their budgets. It's only Auter compared to the United States, another failed Keynesian experiment waiting to happen.

I keep hearing this complaint about Keynesian economics.

But it just isn't true. I've read "The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money" and Keynes never taught anything close to what we've been doing.

He did say that short term debt was fine, so long as you paid it down during recoveries. It's all part of his "countercyclical fiscal policies" He taught that in a bad turn the government could aid the recovery with spending (something that has since been proven).

The problem we have now has nothing to do with that notion. It's that we have continued to spend like blondes on 5th Avenue when the economy was good. Wringing up massive debt when we should have been paying it down.

Now, when the economy needs that boost from the government, the government cannot afford it. Which is why our recovery has been shit this go around.

Care to share?

Sure. The plan involves consuming some bitter tasting medicine in stopping Federal Stimulus, Federal Reserve Quantitative Easing measures involving FOMC operations, and a quick steady increase in the Fed Funds rate.

These are all inherently internal problems. Another thing we can do is incentivize businesses to actually create jobs. This would include lowering taxes, ridding specific sectors of business impeding regulations, eliminating red tap, decreasing the cost of labor.

All that was tried multiple times and failed dismally.

We need to teach kids about how to start and run businesses.
Each new business employs others so if you want to increase employment teach how to start a business.

It would be impossible to function as a society if every single member owned a business.

You really do need both business owners and employees.

Restore the 91% progressive tax rate

You are aware less than 400 people filed income taxes in that bracket, corret?

and use the revenue to commence repair and improvement of our infrastructure.

It will create millions of good-paying jobs and many new industries. It won't impoverish the super rich but will merely make them a little less rich.

Yep. There are tons of problems with the our roads and bridges. All of them. It is screwing up American productivity, although Americans are still the most productive in the world.

FDR did it and it created the middle classs.

I didn't know he was President in 1955... Hm, learn something new everyday.

1. And those less than 400 people are taking more than 40% of the profit in this country. That never has a good outcome.

2. That's in spite of the shitty roads and crumbling infrastructure. Not because of it.

3. You're economic acumen is astounding. You believe in "instant fixes" to problems that took years to formant. I am sure you can provide examples.

End welfare for healthy people. It would force them to find a job. Unemployment problem solved.

The only real solution for the long term unemployment problem is a change in the social contract.

Even if there were no FREE TRADE causing problems in the developed world, technology is still making people redundant and (as workers) economically unviable.

This technology issue WILL BE the major problem facing the world as far as employment issues are concerned.

The kind of prosperity your policies have created in Ireland

You know very well that the banksters destroyed Ireland along with a handful of corrupt officials with their hand in the cookie jar. Try again.

1. And those less than 400 people are taking more than 40% of the profit in this country. That never has a good outcome.

If you are talking about the one percent, your number is way off.. Also Revenue - Expenses = Profits. Profits are left over after all expensive and bills are paid. You would do well to remember that.

2. That's in spite of the shitty roads and crumbling infrastructure. Not because of it.

If America is still the highest productive nation in the world with shitty infrastructure, then obviously, you don't have an infrastructure problem.

3. You're economic acumen is astounding. You believe in "instant fixes" to problems that took years to formant. I am sure you can provide examples.

No, that is just a strawman you have created for yourself. However, there were over 30 recessions in American history. 3 of them were as bad as the Great Depression, and only 1 of them took longer than 4 years for the United States to fully recover.

Guess which recession that is...

Last edited:
All that was tried multiple times and failed dismally.

Businesses are leaving the country and going to more business friendly nations. And according to the National Federation of Independent Businesses, the ones who are staying in the country have 0 plans in hiring. Of course it failed dismally, because it's never been tried in the first place.

Then again, I failed at maintaining a strict diet recently. In the sense that I never went on a diet...

Yes. I do. I invent things. There are still hundreds of "things" yet un-invented that can be made here in America that can and will add to the GDP and help employ millions of us. They(the inventions) will come. We will build/manufacture them. We always have..we always will. The GOP made the proccess more difficult by eliminating a key function in small buisness bankruptsy rules. One in three start ups was allowed to fail and be absorbed by the winners. The short sightedness of the republicans did not fully and completely squash the American entrepreneurial spirit but they have certainly slowed it down.

But it just isn't true. I've read "The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money" and Keynes never taught anything close to what we've been doing.

He did say that short term debt was fine, so long as you paid it down during recoveries. It's all part of his "countercyclical fiscal policies" He taught that in a bad turn the government could aid the recovery with spending (something that has since been proven).

The problem we have now has nothing to do with that notion. It's that we have continued to spend like blondes on 5th Avenue when the economy was good. Wringing up massive debt when we should have been paying it down.

Now, when the economy needs that boost from the government, the government cannot afford it. Which is why our recovery has been shit this go around.

There is no possible way we are going to pay it off during the recovery. The only way we can actually afford (I use that term loosely) now is because interest rates are at 25bps. The moment the economy recovers, interest rates aren't going to stay at those levels. The government will have to collect tax revenue just to pay back the interest on the debt. Even if the Government does decide to keep rates low, it'll have to destroy the value of the dollar to do it.

It'll be just like Greece, if not worse.

Care to share?

Sure. The plan involves consuming some bitter tasting medicine in stopping Federal Stimulus, Federal Reserve Quantitative Easing measures involving FOMC operations, and a quick steady increase in the Fed Funds rate.

These are all inherently internal problems. Another thing we can do is incentivize businesses to actually create jobs. This would include lowering taxes, ridding specific sectors of business impeding regulations, eliminating red tap, decreasing the cost of labor.

Pretty much nailed it... I'm sure there is more that could not be done by Government to speed things up. Currently we spend over 1 Trillion a year in deficit stimulus spending and that does not include the 80 billion a month the FED injects into rich people's bank accounts.

There is no possible way we are going to pay it off during the recovery. The only way we can actually afford (I use that term loosely) now is because interest rates are at 25bps. The moment the economy recovers, interest rates aren't going to stay at those levels. The government will have to collect tax revenue just to pay back the interest on the debt. Even if the Government does decide to keep rates low, it'll have to destroy the value of the dollar to do it.

It'll be just like Greece, if not worse.

Well yeah, that is the point.

What Keynes suggested was using a credit card when you lose your job to cover your bills for a few months, maybe even buy a decent pair of shoes to help out at the interview. Then pay it off when you get the job.

What we have done is maxed out 15 credit cards for no apparent reason while we were working. Then we lost our job. Paying them back now will hurt. No question about it.

Last edited:

If you are talking about the one percent, your number is way off.. Also Revenue - Expenses = Profits. Profits are left over after all expensive and bills are paid. You would do well to remember that.

If America is still the highest productive nation in the world with shitty infrastructure, then obviously, you don't have an infrastructure problem.

No, that is just a strawman you have created for yourself. However, there were over 30 recessions in American history. 3 of them were as bad as the Great Depression, and only 1 of them took longer than 4 years for the United States to fully recover.

Guess which recession that is...

1. Not way off at all. Check out where I live. I sorta rub elbows with those people. I've also been to Monaco.

2. Tell that to all the people that die as a result of the shitty infrastructure.

Oh wait..you can't. They are dead.

3. You obviously don't know the extent of the problem. I do. It's where I work.

1. Not way off at all. Check out where I live. I sorta rub elbows with those people. I've also been to Monaco.

We both live in the same area. So what are you trying to tell me, alot of rich people live here? That's nothing new. Aside from this, your numbers are way off.

The top 1% bracket is only $380,000 a year, which is really not a high hurdle to jump over. A little more than 6% of country makes at that level or above it, with 3% of millionaires inhabiting the nation. Within the 1% of the 1%, are roughly 11,000 individuals (households). Again, not 400 people. Maybe these 400 people are the billionaires in the country, considering there are only 400 billionaires in the nation. That's pretty wicked that you rub elbows with Warren Buffett.

Tell him he owes my company money.

2. Tell that to all the people that die as a result of the shitty infrastructure.

Oh wait..you can't. They are dead.

As soon the UK Embassy gives me permission to visit China, I will. China needs the money for their infrastructure. America, not so much. So because one bridge somewhere falls in America, that means the infrastructure is shitty. It isn't just a problem with that one bridge, it's all the bridges and all the roads.

3. You obviously don't know the extent of the problem. I do. It's where I work.

Please tell me it's Wall Street. I'd love to run into you on an elevator somewhere.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back