Does anyone else find this disturbing?

Hey it's an Obamination. Gots to be PC. That's what's most important. Seriously though,this is just plain sad & demoralizing. Who's running our Military?

Yes, that picture of soldiers carrying their weapons without proper headgear is disturbing if they are on patrol or in any dangerous postion. Do they allow women to go on dangerous patrols? Say, lets bring'um home (and leave a note for the Afghanis that if they ever allow a group like al Queda threaten us from their soil, we'll be back).

no, this does not bother me. I had a pretty varied service career and spent some time in several disparate countries, we always did what the natives considered customary or freindly, the closer to them you had to be, the more so we adjusted. When in Rome.

I must believe that it would help relations for them to drop their arms at the door as well....
But for some reason, they didnt do that.
I am sorry...taking ones shoes off when entering a japanese home is not the same as walking out in the streets where rock throwing and bomb blowing is the norm, without proper headgear.
Especially in an environment where it is obvious that they carry their weapons.

Hey it's an Obamination. Gots to be PC. That's what's most important. Seriously though,this is just plain sad & demoralizing. Who's running our Military?

Next our male soldiers will have to go grow full beards, and all US Military personnel will be required to attend prayer calls 5 times a day or face lashings.

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:
If we were fighting in a war where the majority of people were Catholic, would we force Muslim, Atheist and Jewish soldiers to wear a cross?

well, we're not supposed to be at war *with* the Iraqi people. we're supposed to be at war *for* them, so probably doing things that aren't appropriate wouldn't be very helpful to our cause...

no matter what that cause is.

Then I assume doing things that are not appropriate for our women in combat, wearing a Hajab instead of Kevlar is not too helpful for them, eh? It seems you skipped right over that point I made in the OP.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;3509649 said:
If we were fighting in a war where the majority of people were Catholic, would we force Muslim, Atheist and Jewish soldiers to wear a cross?

well, we're not supposed to be at war *with* the Iraqi people. we're supposed to be at war *for* them, so probably doing things that aren't appropriate wouldn't be very helpful to our cause...

no matter what that cause is.

Here in NYC, police are not at war for, OR with the people...but when they are out in the streets they are oredered to wear protective vests.

It only takes one bullet.

We are occupying their country. We aren't at war. The war was over long ago. It is now an occupation. It only makes sense to avoid antagonizing the populace.

We should have just gotten the hell out of there years ago. Taliban's gone, here is your country, enjoy.

Last edited:
We are occupying their country. We aren't at war. The war was over long ago. It is now an occupation. It only makes sense to avoid antagonizing the populace.

We should have just gotten the hell out of there years ago. Saddam's gone, here is your country, enjoy.

What? Saddam was from Iraq, and last time I checked the Taliban are still shooting at us, they still consider these women infidels with or without the hijabs.:evil:

Yes, that picture of soldiers carrying their weapons without proper headgear is disturbing if they are on patrol or in any dangerous postion. Do they allow women to go on dangerous patrols? Say, lets bring'um home (and leave a note for the Afghanis that if they ever allow a group like al Queda threaten us from their soil, we'll be back).

Every patrol in Afghanistan is dangerous my friend.

We should have just gotten the hell out of there years ago. Taliban's gone, here is your country, enjoy.

So do you believe you know better than Gates, Bush, Obama and field generals as it pertains to the situation in A-stan?

Wow...you sure as hell put a lot of credence in the information the media feeds you.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Once Karzai was installed, the Taliban was his problem. We gave up on Osama long ago. We shouldn't be there.

So do you believe you know better than Gates, Bush, Obama and field generals as it pertains to the situation in A-stan?

Wow...you sure as hell put a lot of credence in the information the media feeds you.

I don't have a vested interest in keeping it going. All it does is cost me tax dollars. There is no political or monetary gain in it for me.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Once Karzai was installed, the Taliban was his problem. We gave up on Osama long ago. We shouldn't be there.

When you patch up a dike that sprung a leak, you dont simply walk away.
You do all you can to prevent other leaks from happening.

For safety sake? You would have a woman not wear her protective Kevlar? A male soldier stands in their midst with Kevlar on while they are unprotected. Why is the male wearing Kevlar? For shits and giggles ya think? We still have soldiers dying in Afghanistan by the busload! But these female soldiers are unprotected so as not to 'antagonize' the populace? GMAB!!!!

We have had over 800 who have died in the last 2.5 years under OBAMA in Afghanistan .

iCasualties | OEF | Afghanistan | Fatalities Details

Last edited:

I don't have a vested interest in keeping it going. All it does is cost me tax dollars. There is no political or monetary gain in it for me.

I understand and most certainly a valid point.

When I spent September 11, 12 and 13th down at the pit running 12 on and 12 off shifts, there was no monetary gain to me either. But I found it the humane thing to do.

Yea does The One really need another Vacation? It's kind of important to solve this Budget problem no? Maybe he could put his Vacation off and help Boehner & Ryan save our nation's future generations? Just a thought anyway. I have to say i'm very impressed with Paul Ryan & John Boehner's leadership on this issue. Obviously this President and the Democrats have been no help at all. We have to address our massive Debt problem. It's the right thing to do. Our future generations are counting on us to do the right thing. Ignoring this problem will not make it go away. I haven't given the Republicans many compliments in recent years but this time i have to give them Kudos for being brave on this issue. So go ahead and enjoy your Vacation Mr. President. We'll save our Country without you.

Yea does The One really need another Vacation? It's kind of important to solve this Budget problem no? Maybe he could put his Vacation off and help Boehner & Ryan save our nation's future generations? Just a thought anyway. I have to say i'm very impressed with Paul Ryan & John Boehner's leadership on this issue. Obviously this President and the Democrats have been no help at all. We have to address our massive Debt problem. It's the right thing to do. Our future generations are counting on us to do the right thing. Ignoring this problem will not make it go away. I haven't given the Republicans many compliments in recent years but this time i have to give them Kudos for being brave on this issue. So go ahead and enjoy your Vacation Mr. President. We'll save our Country without you.

Must be nice to be able to take a vacation when 800,000 Federal employees are looking to lose their paychecks.:(

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Not even comparable. We are occupiers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Ever been a citizen in an occupied country? My parents came from an occupied country. It is horrendous.

Personally, I'd like to know where these women were. Quite obviously, you can wear a scarf under a helmet and a helmet certainly covers the head in the most modest of ways.

Are these guys just appeasing the population?

marines_1643254c.jpg

I'd like a little more context for the photo before I start hurling accusations.

Wrong war, my bad.

Same reasoning.

Not even comparable. We are occupiers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Ever been a citizen in an occupied country? My parents came from an occupied country. It is horrendous.

Personally, I'd like to know where these women were. Quite obviously, you can wear a scarf under a helmet and a helmet certainly covers the head in the most modest of ways.

Are these guys just appeasing the population?

marines_1643254c.jpg

I'd like a little more context for the photo before I start hurling accusations.

They have their Kevlar helmets with them, I don't get the point you are trying to make.

Forum List

Back