Does anyone else find this disturbing?

burqa_camo.jpg

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:

hijabs-300x197.jpg

The three women are in Hijab's while the male soldier in the background is wearing his Kevlar helmet. So it is safe to assume that the situation they were in called for a helmet for the men at least those women have no protection.

Don’t forget your hijab, soldier! American servicewomen encouraged to wear headscarves in Afghanistan

In an effort to get closer to the local population, American female soldiers stationed in Afghanistan are being encouraged to wear a Muslim headscarf when interacting with civilians. But some question whether the practice constitutes cultural sensitivity or a form of appeasement that is degrading to U.S. soldiers
Read more: Hijab American military women servicewomen soldiers Afghanistan | Don't forget your hijab, soldier! American servicewomen encouraged to wear headscarves in Afghanistan | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

If we were fighting in a war where the majority of people were Catholic, would we force Muslim, Atheist and Jewish soldiers to wear a cross?

Goddamned fucking idiots.

Petreaus should be fired for this, I don't give a fuck if he is winning the war, this is inexcusable. If Obama knew about this he should be impeached.

Agreed. They are AMERICAN SOLDIERS, and fuck the hijab. Id wind up with a court martial cuz no way would I wear that thing any more than I would a dog collar. BUT...thats me. Those women were obeying orders. Go UP the chain of command and kick some butt.

no, this does not bother me. I had a pretty varied service career and spent some time in several disparate countries, we always did what the natives considered customary or freindly, the closer to them you had to be, the more so we adjusted. When in Rome.

You must have served in a different military than I did. The one I served in had very strict uniform regulations that prohibited me from wearing head gear that did not come from the NEX.

Or...the poster isnt a woman.

I understand that there are more than a few shady posters here.:eusa_whistle:

I think thats about the only gripe I have here. Most women have woman-ish avies. Mens avies are man cave stuff. But so many are men with women avies and many women have men avies and I dont know who is what....not that it matters I guess. Unless they get offended when I call him, her..or her,him....but they might really get peeved if I called them it. So I dont know what to say so try to avoid putting a label on them at all. :eusa_eh:

Or...the poster isnt a woman.

I understand that there are more than a few shady posters here.:eusa_whistle:

I think thats about the only gripe I have here. Most women have woman-ish avies. Mens avies are man cave stuff. But so many are men with women avies and many women have men avies and I dont know who is what....not that it matters I guess. Unless they get offended when I call him, her..or her,him....but they might really get peeved if I called them it. So I dont know what to say so try to avoid putting a label on them at all. :eusa_eh:

noo----not confusing-----trolls--sock puppets.
you get the picture.

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:

hijabs-300x197.jpg

The three women are in Hijab's while the male soldier in the background is wearing his Kevlar helmet. So it is safe to assume that the situation they were in called for a helmet for the men at least those women have no protection.

Don’t forget your hijab, soldier! American servicewomen encouraged to wear headscarves in Afghanistan

In an effort to get closer to the local population, American female soldiers stationed in Afghanistan are being encouraged to wear a Muslim headscarf when interacting with civilians. But some question whether the practice constitutes cultural sensitivity or a form of appeasement that is degrading to U.S. soldiers

Read more: Hijab American military women servicewomen soldiers Afghanistan | Don't forget your hijab, soldier! American servicewomen encouraged to wear headscarves in Afghanistan | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

If we were fighting in a war where the majority of people were Catholic, would we force Muslim, Atheist and Jewish soldiers to wear a cross?

Prolly have them strap on an altar-boy! LMAO!

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:

hijabs-300x197.jpg

Prolly have them strap on an altar-boy! LMAO!

"alter boy" aside. Does it bother you that these women have no protection on their heads while their male counterpart is wearing Kevlar?

Where is the msn news? Fox news? Cnn? Today show, even? Why is this not known? Its BULLSHIT.
All the hand wringing about how women are treated in the ME and our women are told to wear a fucking scarf because we dont want to OFFEND some assholes that want us DEAD?

Where is the msn news? Fox news? Cnn? Today show, even? Why is this not known? Its BULLSHIT.
All the hand wringing about how women are treated in the ME and our women are told to wear a fucking scarf because we dont want to OFFEND some assholes that want us DEAD?

Simply amazing. Seems there are some similarities there and it is abysmal. As if I entered the twilight zone. Women in that country are expected to bend to the laws of Islam and here our women are and they are bending to accommodate the feeling of this country where women are treated as chattel and killed at a whim.

I don't know, I think the whole rifle slung over my shoulder thing kind of negates the bowing down to local sensibilities.

Unless ME woman usually sport such gear.

CaféAuLait;3509649 said:

hijabs-300x197.jpg

Having had to wear a helmet in the heat I would be jealous of the woman not having to wear theirs. All kidding aside, That is bullshit and those woman set a bad example for the woman of that country. What you are seeing is the result of PC being taken to an extreme.

CaféAuLait;3509713 said:
Have you been there Cafe?

No, what does that have to do with female soldiers heads being unprotected while their male counterpart is wearing Kevlar on his head?

May I suggest the same thing that the first women on ships and in planes were in the slowest and unarmed ones?

J/K....this is the same as in Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf war....no driving and no taking fully sleeved blouses off because it would offend the male Saudis.

Forum List

Back