Does America really believe that this issue should focus entirely on women? This is about NOT to have sex before marriage .....what the hell.

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
I say this is not about trying to stop abortions this is more about telling American NOT to have sex before marriage and/or get married whether two people are in love or not = more divorces. Really where are the moral giants??

Repealing Roe vs Wade is not an answer to anything.

DO MILLIONS OF MEN REALIZE HOW THIS WILL INTRUDE ON THEIR PERSONAL LIVES BEYOND REALITY?

Does America really believe that this issue should focus entirely on women?

Repealing Roe Vs Wade does not help women not at all. Pregnancy still happens.

Making sure the USA has sex education available at least 3 semesters beginning at 9th grade might be helpful to women. Young men should be sitting in the classrooms as well.

Making sure that all women no matter their age who are sexually actively have access to whatever birth control is what would helpful to women. Some young women are going to have sex so let’s not be naive.

Millions upon millions of men should not set on the sidelines turning a blind eye!!!

Millions upon millions of parents should not set on the sidelines and allow some very radical thinkers to dictate how to manage your decision should a pregnancy surface.

Abortion should never had been decided in the courts. Now it will be dealt with by State Legislation, the way it should have been.

Women/Men? No sex before marriage? Meaningless hysteria.
This should be decided on a nation wide ballot = becomes the law of the land. WE don't need legislators making this decision.

This should be decided on a nation wide ballot = becomes the law of the land. WE don't need legislators making this decision.

That is their function under our system of government. And I see no reason to think that most state legislatures will not give their people what they want.

What part of this is...anything but the way it should have always been?

Making sure the USA has sex education available at least 3 semesters beginning at 9th grade
That is called BIOLOGY. If the latest SCOTUS nominee had paid attention maybe she would know what a woman is. BTW, the "morning after pill" or "plan B pill" has been available OTC for some time now. I suppose the left's retort to that is "I didn't know I had unprotected sex." Quit mollycoddling these morons because they have fewer brains than animal crackers.

I absolutely agree that birth control education is the key to the abortion problem. Literally half of all abortions are the result of no birth control being used during the sex which led to the unwanted pregnancy. Another fifth are the result of the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

No matter if one is pro-life or pro-choice, the screamingly obvious solution is to get people to use birth control and use it consistently and properly.

I say this is not about trying to stop abortions this is more about telling American NOT to have sex before marriage and/or get married whether two people are in love or not = more divorces. Really where are the moral giants??

This is not about stopping abortions, this is about punishing women for having sex at all. 60% of the women seeking abortions are married or in a committed relationship and already have one or more children.

Abortions do put a dent in the fatherless / deadbeat dad crisis...

:(

I absolutely agree that birth control education is the key to the abortion problem. Literally half of all abortions are the result of no birth control being used during the sex which led to the unwanted pregnancy. Another fifth are the result of the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

No matter if one is pro-life or pro-choice, the screamingly obvious solution is to get people to use birth control and use it consistently and properly.

That's not going to happen without universal health care and no copays. Poor women cannot afford the mandatory tests and doctors visits required to get a prescription for birth control.

We know how that will turn out the majority liberal populations centers on the Eastern and Western coasts will decide for the entire country and this is the reason the US is a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy.

That's not going to happen without universal health care and no copays. Poor women cannot afford the mandatory tests and doctors visits required to get a prescription for birth control.

Oh baloney, Nurx online is a 15 buck consultation fee and then 15 bucks a month

Repealing Roe vs Wade is not an answer to anything.

DO MILLIONS OF MEN REALIZE HOW THIS WILL INTRUDE ON THEIR PERSONAL LIVES BEYOND REALITY?

Does America really believe that this issue should focus entirely on women?

Repealing Roe Vs Wade does not help women not at all. Pregnancy still happens.

Making sure the USA has sex education available at least 3 semesters beginning at 9th grade might be helpful to women. Young men should be sitting in the classrooms as well.

Making sure that all women no matter their age who are sexually actively have access to whatever birth control is what would helpful to women. Some young women are going to have sex so let’s not be naive.

Millions upon millions of men should not set on the sidelines turning a blind eye!!!

Millions upon millions of parents should not set on the sidelines and allow some very radical thinkers to dictate how to manage your decision should a pregnancy surface.

Plenty of women have to support abortion restrictions for it to be as popular as it is in certain States.

You know, education is one of those things that can go a long way, and yes, I agree with the OP, young men need to sit in on some sex education classes as much as the young women. Probably more, as it is usually the young man that initiates having sex in the first place.

I still find it rather interesting that if a woman has sex out of wedlock, for some reason she is considered a "slut" or a "whore", because she had sex. Yet, the male who had sex with the woman is still in most circles considered a "stud" or something to be emulated as he was able to have sex.

How about understanding that it take TWO to tango, and hold the males just as accountable as the females. Is there any form of birth control outside of condoms for men? Sadly, no, at least none that don't have long after effects such as vasectomies, which can in most cases be reversed, but not easily.

Do I think birth control should be available to people who are sexually active? Yes, definitely. Should it be available without parental permission? Well, guys can buy condoms without their parents consent, why can't women get the pill or buy the morning after pill without it?

Should abortions be illegal? No. There are times when it can be needed, such as when pregnancy can cause serious problems for the mother physically, or in cases of incest or rape. And, there are also those other times when a woman gets pregnant (even if she used birth control, as none of them are 100 percent effective) and she might not be able to handle raising a child, either with the guy who got her pregnant, or by herself (because the father left). Should it be used as a primary method of birth control? I personally don't think it should, as there are many other alternatives out there, but I also don't think it should be banned either.

As far as the moral thing about abortion? Hey, that's none of my business. I know that when I stand before my Creator, I will have to answer for all the things I did, but I WON'T have to answer for anything that other people did. It's between me and my Creator, and nobody else. Same thing with women who get abortions, it's between nobody else but them, possibly the person who got her pregnant, and her Creator. It's none of my business. I would like to see Roe vs. Wade continue, and abortions to be allowed, as it seems that they are safer, and back alley abortions, or abortions performed by someone who doesn't know what they are doing medically can end up killing or seriously harming the woman who needs one.

Go ahead conservatives and religious types, attack me if you wish, but these are beliefs I have held for a very long time. Abortion is between the woman, (possibly) the guy who got her pregnant, the doctor performing the procedure, and nobody else.

Roe v Wade isn't about women. The segment of society that benefits most from abortion is liberal men who coerce pregnant women into hiring a technician to end the life inside them so their future responsibilities are erased at the stroke of a scalpel while the woman is often left with PTSD symptoms and physical disabilities for life.

It is already getting common coverage now:

Healthline

How much does Plan B cost?​

According to Planned Parenthood, brand-name Plan B One-Step usually costs $40 to $50, though generic options can cost as little as $11.

All versions are essentially the same levonorgestrel hormonal pill. Plan B One-Step is also available on the brand’s website, as well as at discounted rates via GoodRx.

Is Plan B covered by insurance?​

If you have insurance or Medicaid, you can often get Plan B for free, though you’ll have to ask a healthcare professional for a prescription so insurance will cover it.

This may put you in a pinch when time is of the essence, but it can be helpful to plan ahead and keep it on hand should an emergency arise.

Can you get Plan B for free?​

If you’re insured, you may be able to obtain Plan B for free. But even if you’re not insured, you may be able to receive it for free or at a low cost from Planned Parenthood, your local health department, or other local low-cost clinics.

LINK

Forum List

Back