Doctors growing sick of fatasses

This guy (the patient) has some personal issues if we're to believe the article - a "player" when it comes to the knowing how to work the system.

But, I have to get irritated with these "do-gooders," doctors, politicians and others who are so intent on forcing what amounts to anorexia on the entire population of the US as the standard for "good weight." I, for one, do not live in Hollywood. Things such as outlawing 16-ounce sodas, etc. is a tad overboard for me.

Have any of you ever walked into any medical facility - doctor's office, ER, hospital in-patient, medical lab or whatever and not seen at least one obese staff member ... or more than likely multiple obese staff members? It presents a sticky situation - it sets a bad example for patients, but on the other hand they can't be denied employment or fired for obesity.

Usually when a doctor would write an article like this he would include his professional association in his name. The writer is not a doctor...
This article is written in the first person singular mode, not 2nd..

Epic fail...

But!!!!

When at the VA hospital during my 3 day stay, fellows my age were obese like the fellow in the story.
One fellow that was in the same room as I was complaining of not being able to breath, yet every 15 minutes he would go out and smoke, how stupid of the patient.

I weigh in at 240lbs, I have been this weight for 33 years and will never let myself get and heavier...

If you are morbidly obese, it's your own fault and you deserve no sympathy.

If you are a heavy smoker and get cancer (or something similar), it's your own fault and you deserve no sympathy.

If you get HIV by engaging in behavior that you have been told not to engage in, and/or failing to use protective measures that you know would have protected you, you are completely blameless and an innocent victim - deserving of great compassion and support.

If you are a destitute single mother because you engaged in reproductive behavior with no husband, no job, and no prospects of getting either one of them in the foreseeable future, you are an innocent victim and deserving of great compassion and financial support.

If you are a heavy smoker and get cancer (or something similar), it's your own fault and you deserve no sympathy.

If you get HIV by engaging in behavior that you have been told not to engage in, and/or failing to use protective measures that you know would have protected you, you are completely blameless and an innocent victim - deserving of great compassion and support.

If you are a destitute single mother because you engaged in reproductive behavior with no husband, no job, and no prospects of getting either one of them in the foreseeable future, you are an innocent victim and deserving of great compassion and financial support.

You should be president.

Yeah, fat is gross. I can see why this might test a doctor's patience.

And I say this as a person who has struggled all of my life to keep from being fat. But I often find myself i the "fat" range and have even been on the lower end of obese. Which isn't as fat as you think it is, by the way.

I hate fat. So I will never give up fighting against my tendency to overeat and get fat.

Because that's what makes 99% of the people fat. Taking in more calories than they burn off. They can blame this or that condition or situation all they want, but in the end they are simply eating too damn much.

I know. Like I said, I've struggled with this all my life and will never give in to fat. I may lose some battles now and then, but I won't lose the war.

Usually when a doctor would write an article like this he would include his professional association in his name. The writer is not a doctor...

Epic fail...

But!!!!

When at the VA hospital during my 3 day stay, fellows my age were obese like the fellow in the story.
One fellow that was in the same room as I was complaining of not being able to breath, yet every 15 minutes he would go out and smoke, how stupid of the patient.

I weigh in at 240lbs, I have been this weight for 33 years and will never let myself get and heavier...

Depends how tall you are! :) I am 5'1", so if I weighed 240 pounds I be quite the little butterball. :)

It's a lot easier be a little overweight nowadays than when I was young, though.

There are fat people all over the place. Sometimes I'm carrying an extra 15-20 pounds and I feel like one of the skinnier ones. There doesn't seem to be much stigma attached to it anymore.

Not that I think fat people should be persecuted. But, damn, it's not really good for your health.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Great post. Truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“The Americans with Disabilities Act says that they should have the proper equipment to handle me, the same as they do for anyone else,” he says indignantly. “I’m entitled to that. I’ll probably have to sue to get the care I really need.”

Except he doesn't have a disability. He's a lazy fat bastard who sits at home, wasting his welfare payment on crap, and whinges about stomach and back pain?

If I was a doctor, I wouldn't bother treating him.

Epic fail...

But!!!!

Depends how tall you are! :) I am 5'1", so if I weighed 240 pounds I be quite the little butterball. :)

Sho enuff,,I'm 6'1"...

I don't understand why you would want to be placed in your coffin with a low BMI and clean lungs.

:thup:

I, for one, will never suffer from, or die of, a health condition, associated with defective living habits. Never. If a condition normally associated with irresponsible personal behavior visits me, it won't be because it was invited. I Have too much respect for myself and I am not weak.

Forum List

Back