Doctor Ebola Arrives in the US

How Do You Feel About the CDC Allowing Ebola into the US?

• Insanely stupid. Shut down the nuke plants now, we're in huge trouble.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Reckless. A terrible idea.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Not my first choice but we probably can contain it.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I'm OK with it.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • It's fine, our technology can fix whatever happens.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Three expert doctors die and one epidemiologist becomes inexplicably stricken with ebola and suddenly everyone is all quiet on the topic...

That is still not an epidemic outbreak in the United States, as you were trying to convince people would happen. It hasn't happened.
Yes but the experts are dying of it while we are importing it into the New World with our usual narcissistic megalomania of "America can dominate anything, anytime".

Let me repeat: the experts are dying of ebola.... As Larry the Cable guy would say...."There's your sign!"..

You said there was going to be an epidemic of Ebola in the United States that would be so bad it would even effect our population. Why don't you just admit that you were wrong instead of trying to move the goal posts?
How do we know I am wrong? Did you expect the entire population to fall within days or weeks of importing ebola here? Do you even know how epidemics are spread? A little at first [like in Africa]...then more and more [like in Africa]...and then it hits a critical mass and suddenly there is an explosion of disease. [like they fear but are hoping won't happen in Africa]. They are trying desperately to contain it there after the first few cases years ago.

But when a disease enters a sealed environment [like one an ocean away] and takes hold, that's when you sit back and watch how the future unfolds. Your infantile argument is "because it hasn't gotten to this point yet, Sil is wrong". The future will tell if I am wrong. And how do we predict the future? BY WATCHING WHAT'S HAPPENING IN AFRICA. And let me repeat: experts are dying of ebola there.

"There's your sign..."

Mmm-hmmm, just like H1N1, swine flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, etc. *rolls eyes*

Were experts in those diseases dying from them?

This is different sweetie.
Latin American Herald Tribune - Doctor Dies from Swine Flu in Bolivia

Shanghai Doctor Dies of Bird Flu: http://sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/shanghai-doctor-dies-of-bird-flu

List of medical professionals who died during the SARS outbreak

Last edited:
I would think you'd get tired of having your butt handed to you, Silhouette. :laugh:

Is Brantly an exeception to the quarantine rule of ebola showing up in the semen [and possibly other bodily fluids] of surivors? When you declare someone "free of the virus", does that eradicate the findings that it persists in semen [at least] for months after a person is symptom free?
What quarantine rule? Can you supply the official Ebola quarantine rulebook for the CDC?

Is Brantly an exeception to the quarantine rule of ebola showing up in the semen [and possibly other bodily fluids] of surivors? When you declare someone "free of the virus", does that eradicate the findings that it persists in semen [at least] for months after a person is symptom free?
What quarantine rule? Can you supply the official Ebola quarantine rulebook for the CDC?

No, can you?...lol... Thanks for making my point..

Okay let me get this straight.

1. You make a reference to "the quarantine rule", asking if this guy was an exception to it when trying to support your argument he shouldn't have been released.

2. I ask what quarantine rule and ask if you can supply a reference to the quarantine rulebook (which would have your rule)

3. You respond no you cannot.

So you made up something, can't back it up, and when I can't back it up either it proves your point? The only point that seems to prove is just when I thought your argument couldn't get anymore feeble you can always reach deep and pull out something worse. We've gone from nuclear reactors melting down because all the workers are dead, to some patient cleared of the disease jerking off on antelope, to imaginary rules that prove your point.

Okay let me get this straight.

1. You make a reference to "the quarantine rule", asking if this guy was an exception to it when trying to support your argument he shouldn't have been released.

2. I ask what quarantine rule and ask if you can supply a reference to the quarantine rulebook (which would have your rule)

3. You respond no you cannot.

So you made up something, can't back it up, and when I can't back it up either it proves your point? The only point that seems to prove is just when I thought your argument couldn't get anymore feeble you can always reach deep and pull out something worse. We've gone from nuclear reactors melting down because all the workers are dead, to some patient cleared of the disease jerking off on antelope, to imaginary rules that prove your point.

No dumb dumb. The quarantine rule I was referring to is COMMON SENSE. I would expect the CDC to be employing that. Your pointing out that there is no quarantine rule with ebola is the bold, underscored, italicized "emphasis added" to the points I've been making all along!

The secret evacuation of Panic-Boy hasn't happened yet? Hmmm...just like the other one...

Well, now what are we going to do? We already named one asshole missionary Doctor Ebola. What are we going to call the second doctor with Ebola?

Doctor Copycat?

Isolated villiages in Africa and the quick onset have been the saving grace thusfar. If this illness reaches cities...well....we're done.
Okey dokey...

Ebola Outbreak Pretty Much Contained in Senegal Nigeria WHO Says
The outbreaks of Ebola in Senegal and Nigeria have been“pretty much contained,” the World Health Organization said Monday. There have been no new confirmed cases of Ebola in Senegal since the first case was reported Aug. 29, and the last case of Ebola reported in Nigeria was Sept. 8, the WHO’s regional office for Africa said in a statement.

So much for the "when it gets to a big city we're all doomed" scenario. Dude showed up in a third world city of 20 million, infected a bunch of healthcare workers before dying, but by taking reasonable steps in both healthcare and the community they have avoided a pandemic and it appears to have petered out.

Yet we are to fear a healthcare worker treated in the US and declared safe to release will be spreading the disease to wildlife with his semen.

Last edited:
Atlanta (CNN) -- A patient being treated at a Dallas hospital is the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, health officials announced Tuesday.
The unidentified man left Liberia on September 19 and arrived in the United States on September 20, said Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. First diagnosed case of Ebola in the U.S. - CNN.com

Local School Kids Exposed in Dallas Ebola Scare

DALLAS – Several school-age children had contact with the Dallas Ebola patient being treated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital .....Five students at four different schools have come into contact with the Ebola patient, Dallas Superintendent Mike Miles added, but none has exhibited symptoms. The schools are Conrad High School, Tasby Middle School, Dan D. Rogers Elementary and Hotchkiss Elementary.....The children are being monitored at home, and the schools remain open, Miles said. Between 12 and 18 people have been identified as coming into contact with the patient, officials added. Dallas Ebola Patient Had Contact With Local Kids CW33 NewsFix

"Monitored at home...while the schools remain open". Did the Congress cut funding to the CDC I wonder? Hey, didn't the doctors in Africa who we imported home here "monitor" the patients there...while those communities remained "open" to coming and going of other people? We presume the families of these children will now themselves have to all stay home and not leave their front door?

Jesus H. Christ. This is why the founding fathers insisted all leadership have a background in farming. Farmers and ranchers sit petrified in shock on the edges of their chairs...while the ignorant idiots with manicured hands sit assuring everyone that they've got this one under control...

Just turn 'em out with the herd and everything will work out fine!

:uhoh3: :scared1:

Jesus H. Christ. This is why the founding fathers insisted all leadership have a background in farming. Farmers and ranchers sit petrified in shock on the edges of their chairs...while the ignorant idiots with manicured hands sit assuring everyone that they've got this one under control...
Hah hah that is great, you've been proven wrong again and again, time passes and every single one of your fear mongering predictions of doom has failed to materialize. Yet here you are the fool who thinks being a farmhand makes him an infectious disease expert back again calling the people who turned out fo be right idiots.

Those doctors we brought in to treat that you warned would spread the disease? Fail, didn't happen, Silhouette wrong again.
Your musings over omigosh if it ever gets into big cities? Fail, it got into Lagos and has been contained. Silhouette wrong again.

You know what is going to happen? They've identified everyone who has been in contact with the patient in Dallas, they'll monitor them and there will be no epidemic. Then Chicken Little Farmhand will go on record as being wrong yet again.

Hah hah that is great, you've been proven wrong again and again, time passes and every single one of your fear mongering predictions of doom has failed to materialize. Yet here you are the fool who thinks being a farmhand makes him an infectious disease expert back again calling the people who turned out fo be right idiots.

Those doctors we brought in to treat that you warned would spread the disease? Fail, didn't happen, Silhouette wrong again.
Your musings over omigosh if it ever gets into big cities? Fail, it got into Lagos and has been contained. Silhouette wrong again.

You know what is going to happen? They've identified everyone who has been in contact with the patient in Dallas, they'll monitor them and there will be no epidemic. Then Chicken Little Farmhand will go on record as being wrong yet again.
Any farmhand knows better how to control disease than any politician. I guarantee you that. So if I'm a dumb farmhand, the people leading this country are submorons. Especially when it comes to disease control. They might as well put a for sale sign on that door..

Oh, we're a hot-spot all right. The worst of them all. And why? Because we are just arrogant enough to not take a virus seriously and think we can conquer it like towel-heads in the ME. Those who don't take it seriously + a highly mobile, ignorant and arrogant population = the nation most likely to succumb to a full blown epidemic.

What about rats shitting and pissing in our grain supply? Our pet's food? You are aware of the percentage of rat feces allowable in the US food supply according to the FDA, right?

And rats are some of the closest cousins we have here in the US, besides pigs maybe. And what if ebola enters the pork supply? Then we may be looking at some famine issues on top of a zoonitic epidemic.

It hasn't been found in rats because it hasn't been tested as widely as we need it to be in animals BEFORE we let someone in the US with it!

At the market I overheard a conversation where two guys were discussing the actual pragmatic application of setting up citizen armed patrols at key checkpoints in and out of the area if ebola starts spreading further. Everyone is talking about this. Their logic was that the CDC and the government in general cannot be trusted to do the right thing at the right time...

...I had a feeling it was going to come to this...

We have a nuclear power plant and waste situation to monitor. With a 60-90% fatality rate, who will be left to babysit them?

We could recover as a society but can anyone who survives in a semi-neolithic existence monitor and keep radiation from killing anyone who was left as core after core melts down from lack of maintenance?

This isn't a Hollywood script. This is a real life, actual, no-nonsense scenario of what will happen if Ebola spreads.

EXPERTS SAY THAT EBOLA CAN BE CARRIED AND PASSED THROUGH SEMEN FOR UP TO ?? MONTHS [they're not sure] AFTER THE PERSON RECOVERS FROM EBOLA.

US most likely to have full blown epidemic... ebola pork chops in the food supply... nuclear meltdown with ensuing semi-neolithic existence... citizen armed patrols at key checkpoints... ebola semen being sprayed around...

Congrats, of all the Ebola Hype Chicken Littles I crown you King for Life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back