Doctor Death Meets His Maker

Hey Sampson, where is the painting Kevorkian did of 'Child eating a Decayed Corpse'???

I'm waiting for a link, image, proof?

Kevorkian did a painting of something called that??
I wasn't aware Kevorkian was a painter. I would hate to think there is such a thing, any painting, with a title name like Child Eating Decayed Corpse.....
Come the fuck on...is this for real??

Sampson cut & ran. That's what cowards do when they can't back up their bullshit.

No, he didn't paint any painting with a title name like Child Eating Decayed Corpse.

He did 8 years to avoid a much longer amount of time.

He didn't stand up for what he believed in, he caved instead of making a stand.

He was evil, and evil people are cowards.

I don't think believing in Euthanasia makes anyone EVUL....Is every veterinarian "EVUL?"

That is officially the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Next up to be put out of our misery; the mentally handicapped. After all, it puts so much strain on those around them and society as a whole.

WTF are you blithering away about?

My point is that veterinarians euthanize animals that are suffering, and are not considered "Evil" and you go off on some ridiculous tangent ripe with moronic "slippery slope" conjecture:

However, I can certainly understand your personal concern about the mentally handicapped.

Hey Sampson, where is the painting Kevorkian did of 'Child eating a Decayed Corpse'???

I wasn't aware Kevorkian was a painter. I would hate to think there is such a thing, any painting, with a title name like Child Eating Decayed Corpse.....

Actually the name of the painting is "Give us Our Daily Bread"

Anyway, it is one of eight paintings at the Ariana Gallery in Royal Oak, Michigan

You can view six of his paintings here

Summary Of Art Work | The Kevorkian Verdict | FRONTLINE | PBS

In the painting Genocide, a yellowish male torso is seated at a dinner table. Its large arms are holding a huge knife and fork. On a table are two gray nuclear warhead-shaped salt-and-pepper shakers, a soldier's upturned helmet filled with bronze bullets and a large dish full of golden crucifixes.

To paint the frame for Genocide, Kevorkian mixed outdated blood from blood banks with a little of his own.

"That gets people," he chuckled.

Book Excerpts | The Kevorkian Verdict | FRONTLINE | PBS

Actually the name of the painting is "Give us Our Daily Bread"

Anyway, it is one of eight paintings at the Ariana Gallery in Royal Oak, Michigan

You can view six of his paintings here

Summary Of Art Work | The Kevorkian Verdict | FRONTLINE | PBS

In the painting Genocide, a yellowish male torso is seated at a dinner table. Its large arms are holding a huge knife and fork. On a table are two gray nuclear warhead-shaped salt-and-pepper shakers, a soldier's upturned helmet filled with bronze bullets and a large dish full of golden crucifixes.

To paint the frame for Genocide, Kevorkian mixed outdated blood from blood banks with a little of his own.

"That gets people," he chuckled.

Book Excerpts | The Kevorkian Verdict | FRONTLINE | PBS

You're a lying sack of shit...

DR. KEVORKIAN

The Paintings
These canvases combine Kevorkian's knowledge of human anatomy and his fascination with death. View six of the paintings, with descriptions in Kevorkian's own words.

The Gourmet (War)

war.gif

Kevorkian painting entitled War

What is war? Is it a soldier dying, or guns, or bombs, or crosses, or weeping mothers, or sport, or patriotism, or valor, or high paying jobs? What is war? Not hell. For that is merely evil. War is worse than evil. It is mind-boggling suicide --mass suicide-- with humankind devouring or trying to devour itself. In vain attemps to assuage some sort of weird, innate (and apparently insatiable) appetite nurtured by our true and beloved God, Mars, we will not settle for less than the "flower of evolution" as the main course, embellished by bountiful side dishes and fanciful shakers filled with the "fruits" of our marvelous hands and big starving brains. How long will we persist in this lethal nonsense? How long before we really believe that salvation lies not in an insane paradox fostered by brute and selfish gluttony, but in the far more "nutritious" and healthful viand in the sadly neglected garden of human compassion and understanding? Considering the status of brotherhood today, possibly too long.

There are plenty of things that we should flip a finger to, like the war on drugs. But to claim to know a man's motives is speculation based on you, not him.

It was the way Kavorikian kept pushing the issue that made me sour on him. He had basically done the impossible, gotten away with breaking Michigan state laws over Physician Assisted Suicide because grand juries refused to indict him. The law was actually changed because the crime was un-prosecutable. That is unheard of.

If Kavorkian would have stopped there, it would be a different story, but he kept pushing the issue until he finally pushed two far, was convicted and went to jail. It's hard to suss out whether Kavorkian was some kind of true believer in the issue over whether the state should be able to regulate physicians in any matter over the issue or if it was about ego. A little of both I suppose.

In doing so, he lost a lot of support for his position. For example, I support PAS in line with the Oregon model. I don't support Kavorkian's vision of "suicide on demand".

Watch the video JBeukema posted. I just found it and was going to post it myself. Royal Oak Remembers Jack Kevorkian - Royal Oak, MI Patch

Here's another: Friends of Dr. Jack Kevorkian remember the man they knew

There is no sign of egotism from any of his friends and associates. If anything, it is the opposite.

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.
Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935

I don't think the words said about a dead man at his funeral are a fair representation of his life. Rather, look at the facts at what Kavorkian did.

Or watch "You Don't Know Jack". It was pretty good.

Are you or are you not familiar with how liberals and shit like this works?

He started murdering people that were living in pain with no hope of ever not being in pain.
Then he murdered a woman with Alzheimers. The only pain there is for those around her.

ex; Remember how abortion got passed? We had to save all those victims of rape. Now we can pull all but the head outside the womb, shove a nail in the babies head and vacuum out vacuum out the brains.

Next up to be put out of our misery; the mentally handicapped. After all, it puts so much strain on those around them and society as a whole.

Murder? No wonder no one listens to you guys on this issue. You can't even be honest about the basic semantics.

Trying to claim this was some sort of Eugenics issue also demonstrates an ignorance of the Kavorkian issue. Patients approached Kavorkian for his help in ending their life in a pain free way. The overwhelming majority of the time, the people administered the doses to themselves. That means free choice exercised by the patients to end their lives was the fundamental issue at hand. It's a civil liberties issue. That has nothing to do with society purging those it deems as undesirable.

Also, what in the fuck does this have to do with abortion? You guys really are a one trick pony.

"You Don't Know Jack" was fantastic and Pacino definitely deserved the Golden Globe he won for his performance.

I went to the links that showed Kevorkian's artwork. It said he was fascinated by death, I don't see a problem there, I too am fascinated with death. Anything that has to do with forensics and autopsies and funeral preparations, interest me quite a bit!
I didn't know he did paintings tho, I just followed his assisted suicide as some called it. I don't like it called that, I rather see him as helping aid those who are in pain and suffering. Doctor Death some called him, but he had a family and friends who stood by him and loved him. As well as many patients and the patient's families who were very grateful for him. It's a shame we have a law that tells us when and how long we have to suffer, and not let us be in charge of our own lives!

Also, btw, the link- 'Friends of Dr. Jack Kevorkian remember him well'...was a very good article.

I went to the links that showed Kevorkian's artwork. It said he was fascinated by death, I don't see a problem there, I too am fascinated with death. Anything that has to do with forensics and autopsies and funeral preparations, interest me quite a bit!
I didn't know he did paintings tho, I just followed his assisted suicide as some called it. I don't like it called that, I rather see him as helping aid those who are in pain and suffering. Doctor Death some called him, but he had a family and friends who stood by him and loved him. As well as many patients and the patient's families who were very grateful for him. It's a shame we have a law that tells us when and how long we have to suffer, and not let us be in charge of our own lives!

As a pathologist, Kavorkian was in the right field.

Of course, pathology is much, much more than autopsy; but that is the specialty that is licensed to conduct autopsies.

Are you or are you not familiar with how liberals and shit like this works?

He started murdering people that were living in pain with no hope of ever not being in pain.
Then he murdered a woman with Alzheimers. The only pain there is for those around her.

ex; Remember how abortion got passed? We had to save all those victims of rape. Now we can pull all but the head outside the womb, shove a nail in the babies head and vacuum out vacuum out the brains.

Murder? No wonder no one listens to you guys on this issue. You can't even be honest about the basic semantics.

Trying to claim this was some sort of Eugenics issue also demonstrates an ignorance of the Kavorkian issue. Patients approached Kavorkian for his help in ending their life in a pain free way. The overwhelming majority of the time, the people administered the doses to themselves. That means free choice exercised by the patients to end their lives was the fundamental issue at hand. It's a civil liberties issue. That has nothing to do with society purging those it deems as undesirable.

Also, what in the fuck does this have to do with abortion? You guys really are a one trick pony.

Murder is murder and this is not civil liberties, not even close.

And yall wonder why liberalism is a mental disorder.

"I Have a Rendezvous with Death"

It was one of John F. Kennedy's favorite poems and he often asked his wife to recite it and even his young daughter Caroline could recite it.

Dissolve to 1963

Summer had seemed reluctant to leave that year. Oct. 5, in fact, was such a lovely day that President John F. Kennedy's National Security Council held its regularly scheduled meeting outdoors, in the Rose Garden of the White House.

The president's daughter, Caroline, was 5 years old then, and the outdoor meeting made her father more accessible to her than he would otherwise be. Standing at his side, she tugged for his attention. She had something important to tell him.

For a time or two, he was able to put her off with the "not now" defense used by all parents.

But whatever Caroline had to say could not wait. The president gave in. And with the members of the National Security Council looking on, Caroline began to recite:

I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air-
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath-
It may be I shall pass him still.
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

God knows 'twere better to be deep
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear...
But I've a rendezvous with Death
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Family poem

It was a monumental poem for a 5-year-old to memorize, let alone recite. But the president's daughter did so flawlessly. She had been coached, however. Seeger's "Rendezvous" was Kennedy's favorite poem. He had recited it to Jacqueline on their first night together at Hyannis, following their honeymoon in 1953. Jacqueline later committed the poem to memory and frequently recited it back to her husband. She then taught it to Caroline.

Inner music

In his well-researched book, "Why Was JFK Killed and The Unspeakable," author James W. Douglass writes, "After Caroline said the poem's final word, `rendezvous,"' Kennedy's national security advisers sat in stunned silence. One of them, describing the scene three decades later said the bond between father and daughter was such that "it was as if there was an inner music he was trying to teach her."

Let it be noted again that Caroline Kennedy, age 5, recited "Rendezvous" on Oct. 5, 1963. Seven weeks later, her father was assassinated in Dallas.

esq-kennedy-75-caroline-jfk-0110-lg.jpg
455px-JFK_with_Caroline_on_the_Honey_Fitz,_1963.jpg

jfk8.JPG
JFK%2527s_family_leaves_Capitol_after_his_funeral%252C_1963.jpg

He died peacefully.

Was an important pioneer in de-mystifying death and an advocate for letting people pass in dignity..not in agony.

Since when is killing yourself to avoid pain dignity?

RELATIVELY DIGNIFIED.

Better now?

.....For christssakes, some people, I swear, I wanna slap the sematical shit out of and it's only 0700 hours.

It's not 'sematical shit' you obtuse turd. You are a literal idiot. You're as deep as a drop of water on pavement.

Just like Kevorkian's painting War...when you read his words it makes CLEAR the images convey his repulsion to war and senseless killing:

"How long before we really believe that salvation lies not in an insane paradox fostered by brute and selfish gluttony, but in the far more "nutritious" and healthful viand in the sadly neglected garden of human compassion and understanding? Considering the status of brotherhood today, possibly too long."
Jack Kevorkian

Well Jack, as long as we have the obtuse right wing...never.

"I Have a Rendezvous with Death"

It was one of John F. Kennedy's favorite poems and he often asked his wife to recite it and even his young daughter Caroline could recite it.

Dissolve to 1963

Summer had seemed reluctant to leave that year. Oct. 5, in fact, was such a lovely day that President John F. Kennedy's National Security Council held its regularly scheduled meeting outdoors, in the Rose Garden of the White House.

The president's daughter, Caroline, was 5 years old then, and the outdoor meeting made her father more accessible to her than he would otherwise be. Standing at his side, she tugged for his attention. She had something important to tell him.

For a time or two, he was able to put her off with the "not now" defense used by all parents.

But whatever Caroline had to say could not wait. The president gave in. And with the members of the National Security Council looking on, Caroline began to recite:

At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air-
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath-
It may be I shall pass him still.
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

God knows 'twere better to be deep
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear...
But I've a rendezvous with Death
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Family poem

It was a monumental poem for a 5-year-old to memorize, let alone recite. But the president's daughter did so flawlessly. She had been coached, however. Seeger's "Rendezvous" was Kennedy's favorite poem. He had recited it to Jacqueline on their first night together at Hyannis, following their honeymoon in 1953. Jacqueline later committed the poem to memory and frequently recited it back to her husband. She then taught it to Caroline.

Inner music

In his well-researched book, "Why Was JFK Killed and The Unspeakable," author James W. Douglass writes, "After Caroline said the poem's final word, `rendezvous,"' Kennedy's national security advisers sat in stunned silence. One of them, describing the scene three decades later said the bond between father and daughter was such that "it was as if there was an inner music he was trying to teach her."

Let it be noted again that Caroline Kennedy, age 5, recited "Rendezvous" on Oct. 5, 1963. Seven weeks later, her father was assassinated in Dallas.

esq-kennedy-75-caroline-jfk-0110-lg.jpg
455px-JFK_with_Caroline_on_the_Honey_Fitz,_1963.jpg

jfk8.JPG
JFK%2527s_family_leaves_Capitol_after_his_funeral%252C_1963.jpg

This made chills go up my spine, and down my arms!

Isn't Choice wonderful?

Why is it that every time you leftists say "choice," what you mean is "death?"

Why is it that you cannot interpret the word "choice" or "leftist."

Libertarians believe people have the right to choose, for themselves, to live or die.

1996 Libertarian Party Platform - LPedia

The U.S. Libertarian Party's 1996 political platform advocated "the repeal of all laws interfering with the right to commit suicide as infringements of the ultimate right of an individual to his or her own life."

Forum List

Back