How many of you are Pro-Death Penalty but Against Abortion?

Is The Death Penalty and Abortion both Killing Someone?

• Yes-you are killing people either way

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No. *one is a baby in the womb, *the other someone that deserves to die.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Only abortion is putting someone to death

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Only the death penalty is putting someone to death

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Aren't they both killing a human?

I'd like your thoughts on this, it's something I've always wondered how people think about the two.

The death penalty is a punishment. Something you learn from a very young age...cause and effect.

Abortion is a killing of convenience.

Death penalty: Killing people to teach them that killing is wrong.

Just cleaning the scum out of the gene pool. Sound economics as well if practiced correctly vs. keeping people in prison for 50+ years.

I'm neither pro, or con on either.

However, murder is the unlawful killing of another human being with "malice aforethought", and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide.

Homicide refers to the act of a human killing another human. Murder, for example, is a type of homicide. It can also describe a person who has committed such an act, though this use is rare in modern English. Homicide is not always a punishable act under the criminal law, and is different than a murder from such formal legal point of view.

Both are homicide, and both are legal homicide. Neither is "murder." You present a false dichotomy and a logical fallacy.

Last edited:
How can the death penalty be murder?

Well, killing someone, be it legal or not, is murder, isn't it?

Or should I have called it something else?

Maybe I used the wrong wording?

How about "putting to death" someone?

Be it a baby in the womb, or someone that commited a crime.

Is one right, and one wrong? Or both wrong?

thanks, I changed my wording on the OP.

Technically neither is murder.

Both are killing. One kills an innocent the other kills a legally tried, convicted and apealed a bazillion times adult

How can the death penalty be murder?

Well, killing someone, be it legal or not, is murder, isn't it?

Or should I have called it something else?

Maybe I used the wrong wording?

How about "putting to death" someone?

Be it a baby in the womb, or someone that commited a crime.

Is one right, and one wrong? Or both wrong?

No, killing someone is not always murder. If I'm defending my family against a violent intruder and I'm forced to kill him, that's not murder. If I decide to shoot someone on the street because I want their wallet, that's murder. Even the Bible distinguishes between this. In the Commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill," it really translates to "Thou Shalt Not Murder." And the death penalty is punishment usually for a heinous crime.

I was talking to my wife the other night about abortion and was surprised to find out that she considers it murder even though she is a liberal like yourself. She said she changed her mind years ago after seeing numerous ultrasounds of our kids. That said, she's torn on the idea of allowing the legislators make it illegal again.

Death penalty: Killing people to teach them that killing is wrong.

Except you're wrong. It's not killing people to teach them that it's wrong. It's killing them to remove a danger to society, and to SCARE people out of killing.

Anyway, I'm anti-death penalty, and anti-abortion.

Kaching!

Forum List

Back