Doctor Death Meets His Maker

Personally, if I ever reached that point, I would hope I had the choice to end things quickly and painlessly rather than lingering

It should be the patients decision

Personally, if I ever reached that point, I would hope I had the choice to end things quickly and painlessly rather than lingering

_38913587_frans_tattoo_203.jpg

_38913587_frans_tattoo_203.jpg

DNR is a good first step. But why should you have to suffer as you gasp for air and go into convulsions?

We treat our animals better than we treat our family members

Didn't practice what he preached...
:eusa_eh:
Doctor Who Helped Others Commit Suicide Did Not Take His Own Life
Friday, June 03, 2011 – Jack Kevorkian, nicknamed “Dr. Death” for assisting in the suicide of some 130 people who had medical conditions, has died at age 83.
No official cause of death has been announced, but local media is reporting that Kevorkian had kidney and respiratory problems.

According to a story on the Website connectmidmichigan.com, Kevorkian was admitted to Beaumont Hospital in his home state of Michigan on May 19 for kidney and pneumonia. Between 1990 and 1999 Kevorkian assisted in the suicide of about 130 people. In March 1999 he was sentenced to 10 to 25 years in a maximum-security prison.

In 1995, the American Medical Association called him “a reckless instrument of death, according to the New York Times. On June 1, 2007, Kevorkian was released from prison after telling authorities he would not assist in any more suicides.

Doctor Who Helped Others Commit Suicide Did Not Take His Own Life | CNSnews.com

Isn't Choice wonderful?

Saving people is suffering. Don't you know slow, painful deaths are holy? Ask Mother Theresa

Morphine saves people from suffering too. Suicide is a sin. Ask Mother Therese.

Not really. It tempers the suffering. It doesn't take it away. Morphine also certainly hasten's people's demise. In fact, the difficult balance that hospice Physicians face is the tipping point between treating pain and enough morphine to shorten someone's life.

As someone said, why should someone have to spend the rest of their life in a drug induced haze if they simply want to meet their end. 30 years ago this wasn't a problem. Now we have the technology to prolong life far beyond the point that many people want it to be prolonged.

Why should your moral or religious qualms dictate the way someone else ends their life?

I too think Kavorkian was both good and flawed. I respect that he was brave enough to risk (and lose) his license and freedom over what he believe was right. Remember that every single suicide Kavorkian facilitated was from someone that approached him and requested his help.

However, at a point, he allowed his ego and need to flip a finger at the system over ride his original motives and he actually ended up losing public support for his issue and, more importantly, forgot that his actions, he believed, were first and foremost to help people.

At any rate, if anyone is interested: "You don't know Jack" with Al Pacino playing Kavorkian is very good.

Wanna kill yourself?

Jump off a building and enjoy the view.

Wanna be a mass murderer?

Convince people you're a kind person that doesn't want anyone to suffer for any reason.

It is and always will be murder. Sugar coat it all you want.

The worlds a better place. rot in hell you evil fuck.

Didn't practice what he preached...
:eusa_eh:
Doctor Who Helped Others Commit Suicide Did Not Take His Own Life
Friday, June 03, 2011 – Jack Kevorkian, nicknamed “Dr. Death” for assisting in the suicide of some 130 people who had medical conditions, has died at age 83.
No official cause of death has been announced, but local media is reporting that Kevorkian had kidney and respiratory problems.

According to a story on the Website connectmidmichigan.com, Kevorkian was admitted to Beaumont Hospital in his home state of Michigan on May 19 for kidney and pneumonia. Between 1990 and 1999 Kevorkian assisted in the suicide of about 130 people. In March 1999 he was sentenced to 10 to 25 years in a maximum-security prison.

In 1995, the American Medical Association called him “a reckless instrument of death, according to the New York Times. On June 1, 2007, Kevorkian was released from prison after telling authorities he would not assist in any more suicides.

Doctor Who Helped Others Commit Suicide Did Not Take His Own Life | CNSnews.com
Obviously he wasn't in pain prior to his death.

The dude used to take photos of the eyes of people as they were dieing. There was something wrong with him. Did you ever think he might of got off on death. Maybe he was a serial killer or even worse, a liberal.

Was an important pioneer in de-mystifying death and an advocate for letting people pass in dignity..not in agony.

Your an idiot!!!
So, you'd prefer to see your loved ones suffer?

I never liked the man.

Mostly because he did not believe in the rule of law. He was no better than someone who bombs abortion clinics when it comes to respecting the law.

May he now rest in peace.

I have mixed feelings on Assisted Suicide. If it is the choice of the patient, I can be persuaded, what has always concerned me is the quick step from assisted suicide to euthanasia so that the grandson can get his hands on the inheritance sooner rather than later.

Immie

It's very simple. Only the patient themselves can make the final decision. If they are incapacitated, then family cannot choose for them. There also must be absolute proof of terminal illness.

I never liked the man.

Mostly because he did not believe in the rule of law. He was no better than someone who bombs abortion clinics when it comes to respecting the law.

May he now rest in peace.

I have mixed feelings on Assisted Suicide. If it is the choice of the patient, I can be persuaded, what has always concerned me is the quick step from assisted suicide to euthanasia so that the grandson can get his hands on the inheritance sooner rather than later.

Immie

Kevorkian never ended anyone's life. That person did. He gave them the mechanism but they had to consciously pull the cord.

Wanna kill yourself?

Jump off a building and enjoy the view.

Wanna be a mass murderer?

Convince people you're a kind person that doesn't want anyone to suffer for any reason.

It is and always will be murder. Sugar coat it all you want.

The worlds a better place. rot in hell you evil fuck.

Di you know Oscar Wilde personally?

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Forum List

Back