Doctor Death Meets His Maker

He died peacefully.

Was an important pioneer in de-mystifying death and an advocate for letting people pass in dignity..not in agony.

He died peacefully.

Was an important pioneer in de-mystifying death and an advocate for letting people pass in dignity..not in agony.

He understood what death was about and fought to end suffering and allowing dignified deaths

I never liked the man.

Mostly because he did not believe in the rule of law. He was no better than someone who bombs abortion clinics when it comes to respecting the law.

May he now rest in peace.

I have mixed feelings on Assisted Suicide. If it is the choice of the patient, I can be persuaded, what has always concerned me is the quick step from assisted suicide to euthanasia so that the grandson can get his hands on the inheritance sooner rather than later.

Immie

I never liked the man.

Mostly because he did not believe in the rule of law. He was no better than someone who bombs abortion clinics when it comes to respecting the law.

I have mixed feelings on Assisted Suicide. If it is the choice of the patient, I can be persuaded, what has always concerned me is the quick step from assisted suicide to euthanasia so that the grandson can get his hands on the inheritance sooner rather than later.
Immie

That's a valid concern that needs to be taken into consideration if any legislation is introduced to allow this.

I never liked the man.

Immie

That's a valid concern that needs to be taken into consideration if any legislation is introduced to allow this.

That is and has always been the issue that has concerned me in this question. I have watched people I love die when there was absolutely nothing that could be done for them. Letting them go in peace is not as hard for me to wrap my arms around, but I can see the potential abuses that might come out of legislation that is not well written.

Immie

Didn't practice what he preached...
:eusa_eh:
Doctor Who Helped Others Commit Suicide Did Not Take His Own Life
Friday, June 03, 2011 – Jack Kevorkian, nicknamed “Dr. Death” for assisting in the suicide of some 130 people who had medical conditions, has died at age 83.
No official cause of death has been announced, but local media is reporting that Kevorkian had kidney and respiratory problems.

According to a story on the Website connectmidmichigan.com, Kevorkian was admitted to Beaumont Hospital in his home state of Michigan on May 19 for kidney and pneumonia. Between 1990 and 1999 Kevorkian assisted in the suicide of about 130 people. In March 1999 he was sentenced to 10 to 25 years in a maximum-security prison.

In 1995, the American Medical Association called him “a reckless instrument of death, according to the New York Times. On June 1, 2007, Kevorkian was released from prison after telling authorities he would not assist in any more suicides.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/suicide-doctor-does-not-take-his-own-lif

Jack Kevorkian may be a bad person to many people, but not to me. If I were in a terrible state, and no hopes for a healthy survival, you can bet your ass I would have called Dr. Kevorkian. He didn't go out and kill people. He simply was helping those people, who knew they were dying, leave this life with some dignity. Why hang on?? Why not be able to make the exit YOU want??
He was 83 years old, and he had been hospitalized for kidney and respiratory problems, altho the official cause of death is not yet known.
His long time friend and attorney, Mayer Morganroth, was at his side. He said Jack went peacefully, he didn't feel a thing.

Well... This is one subject I have mixed emotions on. My father died of emphysema in 1982, I was 17 at the time. He was a strong man with a strong heart and cardiovascular system. His lungs however, were shot. There's nothing like seeing your father with a skin color of black, screaming for God to help him to make you understand the importance of comfort to the dying.

I don't know that I approve of Kevorkian's methodology(suicide machine), however.. I do believe in making one's passing as easy as possible.

He was a good man who remembered that the purpose of medicine is to help people avoid pain and suffering. In providing the means of a peaceful and more dignified passing to those who were suffering slow deaths and desired and end to their torment, he upheld the true spirit of the Hippocratic Oath and upheld a higher moral standard.

A toast.

cheerstoyou1009lg306229.jpg

I have had to put down dogs and horses before and I found their instantaneous death more humane than when we had to remove my father from life support. It took my father two and a half hours to finally pass away. He was heavily sedated but it was still unsettling that it has to take so long.

There should be safeguards and procedures in place but there is no benefit to force people to suffer or live in a drug induced haze

the ambassador to youthinasia departs

he was a piece of work, fascinated by death

watched the lights go out for 1000's , painted OC related pictures, etc

quite the boy.....

The dude used to take photos of the eyes of people as they were dieing. There was something wrong with him. Did you ever think he might of got off on death. Maybe he was a serial killer or even worse, a liberal.

Forum List

Back