Doctor convicted of raping a heavily sedated patient gets no prison time?? WTF?

^^^ Not completely. Because of what we all know the doctor's intention was, I hope that he rots in the hole. Trust me, I am not even close to being a cheerleader for the guy and I just recently learned that those in jail with rape on their mind are in for one bumpy ride should word get out about why they are there in the first place. My three words for "the good doctor"? Enjoy your stay! :) :) :)

God bless you and his victim always!!!

Holly
He’s not going to prison.
Why not? What makes the authorities think that he won't go and try such a thing again?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
It’s not the authorities. Texas allows jurors to decide the punishments.
Okay, but since when are jurors against prison sentences for a rape punishment?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Not completely. Because of what we all know the doctor's intention was, I hope that he rots in the hole. Trust me, I am not even close to being a cheerleader for the guy and I just recently learned that those in jail with rape on their mind are in for one bumpy ride should word get out about why they are there in the first place. My three words for "the good doctor"? Enjoy your stay! :) :) :)

Holly
Why not? What makes the authorities think that he won't go and try such a thing again?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You said you hope he rots in a hole for what he did; not for crime he might commit in the future. What “hole” is that?

Former doctor who raped heavily sedated patient will serve no prison time

She wasn't even his patient. He admitted it. And no prison time? Is this what our justice system has come to?
This isn't the judges first questionable decision. Google District Judge Terry L. Flenniken
The judge took the jury’s recommendation. We also don’t know if the victim asked for leniency during the trial. If she did, that too could reduce prison time.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You said you hope he rots in a hole for what he did; not for crime he might commit in the future. What “hole” is that?
The hole is another word for prison and because of what he is already guilty of, why shouldn't he get a prison sentence for it? What does a person have to be guilty of now in order to go to jail if rape is not enough anymore?

God bless you and the guy's victim always!!!

Holly

WTF jury?!? Maybe you're right Lucy, it's apparently acceptable among "his peers"

---

"Veteran defense lawyers with no connection to the case called the outcome “unusual” and “a big victory” for the defense, explaining there was a very high likelihood a person who did not turn himself in to law enforcement and misrepresented the assault would face prison time.

“When you’re a doctor, I’d expect you’d get prison time,” said attorney Casey Kiernan, who has defended sexual assault cases for nearly four decades. “We hold doctors to a higher standard.”

The jury five women and seven men sentenced Dr. Shafeeq Sheikh, a former Baylor College of Medicine resident, to 10 years on probation for raping the patient while she was tethered to machines and receiving treatment for an acute asthma attack.

The jurors found Sheikh guilty Thursday after deliberating for 14 hours over two days. The conviction means Sheikh, 46, must be a registered for the rest of his life as a sex offender. Jurors recommended the 10-year probated sentence for the doctor and suspension of a $10,000 fine after deliberations on Friday, recommendations that visiting Senior District Judge Terry L. Flenniken was required by law to follow." - https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...octor-awaits-sentence-for-sexual-13163835.php

---

Also, ladies, if you are ever sexually assaulted - I highly suggest you risk being racist and exclude all Muslims...

Former doctor who raped heavily sedated patient will serve no prison time

She wasn't even his patient. He admitted it. And no prison time? Is this what our justice system has come to?
Kinda makes me wonder whether the jury was bribed.
I want to see the judges campaign finance report and bank records, Jury does not sentence the judge does that. I just do not see how this happened.

In Texas a jury can pass sentence in non-capital offenses. That is what happened here.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The hole is another word for prison and because of what he is already guilty of, why shouldn't he get a prison sentence for it? What does a person have to be guilty of now in order to go to jail if rape is not enough anymore?

Holly
And why do you think he’s going to prison? Did you not read the article?

How can a rape act take place at all when one person can't "do their part" because of their being sedated?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What? The fact that the woman could not do anything, like consent, is exactly WHY it is rape.

I can't believe she said that - You're original point stands.
This is indeed what our justice system has come to.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly
And why do you think he’s going to prison? Did you not read the article?
If he isn't going to prison, what does he have to be guilty of in order to get there. Since when is what he did not enough?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back