Do your eating habits change with the seasons?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Just a passing thought here............

My eating habits change with the seasons, even just the weather changes. Does yours?

In the summer, I don't feel like eating much, so I tend to make stuff like microwave dinners or have popcorn for dinner.
Maybe just some fruit and a soda.

During the winter, I eat a lot of heavy stuff......spaghetti, stew, casseroles, burritos, pizza, etc....

During spring and fall, I usually eat sandwiches and pork-n-beans, hot dogs, salads, and stuff like that.

Restaurant+Blog+Images+Nov+2022-640w.jpg

are-burgers-hot-dogs-sandwiches.jpg

soups-salads-soup-and-salad-combo-web

Light stuff in summer as in chicken sand wich or chicken and rice maybe a salad. Sometimes just a fruit salad.
winter then its stew and soup but on the light side. Once in a while I cheat off my diet and get a big helping of some good old southern country cooking or beef stew or chili. I have to cut out a lot from my diet unfortunately.

Do your eating habits change with the seasons?​

Since I hardy find Christmas bakery in Summer - yes - no choice:banghead:

My eating habits change with the seasons, even just the weather changes. Does yours?

In the summer, I don't feel like eating much, so I tend to make stuff like microwave dinners or have popcorn for dinner.

During the winter, I eat a lot of heavy stuff......spaghetti, stew, casseroles, burritos, pizza, etc....

During spring and fall, I usually eat sandwiches and pork-n-beans, hot dogs, salads, and stuff like that.

Restaurant+Blog+Images+Nov+2022-640w.jpg

are-burgers-hot-dogs-sandwiches.jpg

soups-salads-soup-and-salad-combo-web

To a certain extent yes.
And it really has a lot to do with temps. Standing around a BBQ pit for 16 or 20 hours smoking a brisket in the middle of summer sucks.
I leave that for fall and early spring.
In the heat of the summer I'm looking for cooler dishes.
In the winter I want a big pot of Charro Beans,Chile or Gumbo.
When it's hot it's a lot more difficult to decide what you want in my mind. A good pastrami sandwich works as do other cold cut sandwiches.

Not a great Vivaldi fan . So , to hell with the Four Seasons and I am musically guided by these
  • 1. Prokoviev: "For the Love of Three Oranges"
  • 2. Bach: "Coffee Cantata"
  • 3. Satie: "Three Pieces in the Form of a Pear"
  • 4. Verdi: "La Traviata - The Drinking Song"
  • 5. Tchaikovsky: "Nutcracker Suite - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"
  • 6. Debussy: "La Puerta del Vino from Preludes Book 2"
  • 7. Schubert: "The Trout" and "The Trout Quintet"

Yes.
Almost never eat soup in the summer. Or heavy stews/roast etc.
Definitely eat lighter, and more vegetables late summer by quite a bit as harvest comes in.

During the summer, in particular. Much more fruits along with veggies, far less bread and other starch, double my water intake, cut my meat by 50%.

I go to bed by 8 if I am in my traditional home and up by 3:30 or 4:00. If in Tucson, the schedule is the same year around: about 10 to 5:30.

Forum List

Back