Do You Trust Amazon?

That link is to an article written by the lady speaking in the video link.

Spread the message.

I didn't even see that you posted that video, Tehon. How weird is that? I only saw the one I responded to.
It's all good. I'm going to read the article when the opportunity presents.
Surveillance capitalism is here to stay. It’s been here for some time, in direct contradiction to the Constitution. So much for the USA being a constitutional republic. It aint!

Bill Binney, Ed Snowden,and others warned us, but nothing was done. Down the rat hole we go, to totalitarianism.
I dont mean to laugh. It's not funny.

But it kinda is. It's absurd.
It is absurd for sure.

You would not want the government listening to your phone calls. So why would you not care if a corporation was listening to your BEDROOM!?!?

So why don’t you get off the grid then? Most people have come to expect privacy is a thing of the past. Everyone’s life is an open book. Embrace it
I'm as off the grid as I can be. I have zero social media accounts, and I use a 2-step verification key for my email and other online accounts.

I micro-shred all snail mail, prescription labels, etc that have my name and/or address on it.

I also use a VPN for most of my online activities.
. . . and yet you use Amazon Alexa?

:auiqs.jpg:
Yes, I realize the dichotomy. :D

Trust?

Right. That's why I have taped over the camera lens on every computer in the house and set the microphone input level to zero in each of them as well as forbidding access in the software.

I trust Amazon to deliver what I pay for and they have never disappointed. Even gone far out of their way to make it right when I mistakenly ordered the wrong version of a specialized keyboard. With money I trust them. With audio or video?

Get real.

Trust?

Right. That's why I have taped over the camera lens on every computer in the house and set the microphone input level to zero in each of them as well as forbidding access in the software.

I trust Amazon to deliver what I pay for and they have never disappointed. Even gone far out of their way to make it right when I mistakenly ordered the wrong version of a specialized keyboard. With money I trust them. With audio or video?

Get real.
We only have one laptop here that my guy uses and he has also taped over it. My desktop doesn't have a camera so I'm good. There's no one who I would want to speak to person to person that I know of.

The Amazon smart speaker, known as the Echo or as "Alexa", records your requests. Everything you have ever said to your smart speaker is saved on Amazon's servers.

These recordings are not very secure.

For example: Amazon sent 1,700 Alexa voice recordings to the wrong user following data request

I also personally discovered other unbelievable invasions of privacy the Echo speaker is capable of, and have notified Amazon. They didn't appear to give a shit.

Now there is a smart speaker with a camera in it. This comes in two forms. The Show and the Dot.

Would you trust this unsecure photographic device in your bedroom?!?

spot.jpg

Yep. I am not a paranoid whacko

The Amazon smart speaker, known as the Echo or as "Alexa", records your requests. Everything you have ever said to your smart speaker is saved on Amazon's servers.

For example: Amazon sent 1,700 Alexa voice recordings to the wrong user following data request

I also personally discovered other unbelievable invasions of privacy the Echo speaker is capable of, and have notified Amazon. They didn't appear to give a shit.

Now there is a smart speaker with a camera in it. This comes in two forms. The Show and the Dot.

spot.jpg

See post 63.

I check Amazon for price validation, but often buy elsewhere. I would never have Alexa in my home, so no I don't totally trust Amazon.

spot.jpg
Not just no but HELL NO! There's no way in hell that I'll pay to bug my own home. Ya gotta be real dayum stoopid to do something like that. DUH!

spot.jpg

See post 63.

Cannot see numbers on my phone

Alexa can turn on the lights in my house and make them change colors. It can also control the temperature in my house and do all sorts of other things.

All by voice command.

A keyboard and mouse can't do that without a lot of difficulty.

Alexa can turn on the lights in my house and make them change colors. It can also control the temperature in my house and do all sorts of other things.

All by voice command.

I can do all that from an app on my phone. My phone also has voice command.

All by voice command.

I could have guessed you'd have difficulty operating something as complex as a light switch or door knob, heaven forbid you should have to crack the mystery of a common thermostat.

spot.jpg

Nothing happens in my bedroom worth worrying about ... unfortunately.

3de02499142b4802a3b1dd1607b415a2.png

I found that Alexa is reading my brain waves

A couple layers of tin foil (shiny side out ) took care of it

Forum List

Back