Do you think U.S should donate food to N.Korea?

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
I think food aid to North Korea must be considered carefully.

North Korea's leader Kim Jong-Un requested food aid to the United States for the first time since he came to power.

At the end of December, which was during the mourning period for the death of Kim Jong-Il, North Korea requested for more food aid, with more grains than other nutritional supplements. This was done to change what the US did a year before, to aid North Korea with powdered milk and biscuits for the elderly and children.

But this food aid was done to improve the general atmosphere of the International Summit to tackle North Korea's nuclear weapons. Since this was nutritional aid, instead of food aid, the US declined the request.

If the US agreed to change their aid plan, North Korea must have used the new source of food for their new government. This was a wise move for the US.

North Korea is now walking a rougher path than ever after Kim Jong-Il's death. Therefore the US and the rest of the international community needs to realize that food aid only helps preserve the dictatorship in North Korea. They should approach with a carrot and a stick in order to crack down on North Korea.

Yes, absolutely, for it is only the people who suffer while power uses anything for propaganda. One day North Korea will change as all nations change.

No, I don't see why we are giving food and aid to a country that is hostile towards the US, the North Koreans are brain washed to think of Americans as their enemies.

No, I don't see why we are giving food and aid to a country that is hostile towards the US, the North Koreans are brain washed to think of Americans as their enemies.

Although I'm told it's been scaled back, you [America] still send financial and material aid to Pakistan, which harbours undeniable hostility towards its American benefactor. They fit the same criteria of antipathy towards the US as N. Korea.

But it's propaganda that comes with a kernel of truth. While America was in fact attacked by North Korea..the response was apeshit. The US pummeled North Korea without mercy. Some 4 million Koreans died in that war. Heck..Macarthur wanted to nuke the place. It wasn't until the Chinese invaded and pushed back..that hostilities ceased. Yeah..they are brain washed..and yeah..there are some reasons to hate America for North Koreans.

Last edited:

Although I'm told it's been scaled back, you [America] still send financial and material aid to Pakistan, which harbours undeniable hostility towards its American benefactor. They fit the same criteria of antipathy towards the US as N. Korea.

I know, and I don't want money going to them either.

But it's propaganda that comes with a kernel of truth. While America was in fact attacked by North Korea..the response was apeshit. The US pummeled North Korea without mercy. Some 4 million Koreans died in that war. Heck..Macarthur wanted to nuke the place. It wasn't until the Chinese invaded and pushed back..that hostilities ceased. Yeah..they are brain washed..and yeah..they have some reasons to hate America for North Koreans.

I personally wish the Chinese never got involved, that way the US could have united Korea decades ago and our Troops wouldn't even be there anymore. Nevertheless, we have no business sending food to a country that basically hates us and is technically in a stage of war against the US, we should be trying to bring this regime down not help it survive, if the North Koreans need food for their people, maybe they should stop fucking wasting all their money on their Military and nuclear weapons and actually start working with the international community, not against them. If a rogue regime like North Korea needs help that help needs to come with strings, it shouldn't be unconditional.

Neither do I. In fact, I'd honestly prefer it if the US, UK and anyone else tied-up in that mullah infested dump never involved themselves in any other medieval muslim nation, ever. Let them sort themselves out for once.

But it's propaganda that comes with a kernel of truth. While America was in fact attacked by North Korea..the response was apeshit. The US pummeled North Korea without mercy. Some 4 million Koreans died in that war. Heck..Macarthur wanted to nuke the place. It wasn't until the Chinese invaded and pushed back..that hostilities ceased. Yeah..they are brain washed..and yeah..they have some reasons to hate America for North Koreans.

Aww. Boo hoo. MacArthur should've decimated the N. Korean military and leadership when he had the chance. Instead, all the West was left with was a whole heap of anxiety for the next half a century over whether or not Pyongyang would start lobbing ICBMs at everyone over spilt milk.

I personally wish the Chinese never got involved, that way the US could have united Korea decades ago and our Troops wouldn't even be there anymore. Nevertheless, we have no business sending food to a country that basically hates us and is technically in a stage of war against the US, we should be trying to bring this regime down not help it survive, if the North Koreans need food for their people, maybe they should stop fucking wasting all their money on their Military and nuclear weapons and actually start working with the international community, not against them. If a rogue regime like North Korea needs help that help needs to come with strings, it shouldn't be unconditional.

Agree with that part.

North Korea needs something in the way of being shown a better way. But that's not to say they need to be invaded.

Aww. Boo hoo. MacArthur should've decimated the N. Korean military and leadership when he had the chance. Instead, all the West was left with was a whole heap of anxiety for the next half a century over whether or not Pyongyang would start lobbing ICBMs at everyone over spilt milk.

I agree with that 100%.

100% endorsed.

Neither do I. In fact, I'd honestly prefer it if the US, UK and anyone else tied-up in that mullah infested dump never involved themselves in any other medieval muslim nation, ever. Let them sort themselves out for once.

Russia would have started lobbing ICBMs. That's a fact. And no country in it's right mind was going to put up with another country that uses nukes to end wars.

Agree with that part.

North Korea needs something in the way of being shown a better way. But that's not to say they need to be invaded.

I'm not saying we need to invade them, however we shouldn't be helping them out with food aid and such when the regime still acts hostile working on nuclear weapons and still attacks its neighbor South Korea, like those fishermen that got shelled and killed by the North a few years back, its madness at this point to continue to give them aid when they act like this.

Last edited:

Russia would have started lobbing ICBMs. That's a fact. And no country in it's right mind was going to put up with another country that uses nukes to end wars.

Really? As far as I can tell the USSR just wanted America to keep its nose out of their political and territorial interests. They weren't trying to aggressively assert their military might because they'd already proved themselves on countless occasions. N. Korea, on the the other hand, has been needlessly sabre rattling for decades, and in turn have spread widespread fear around the globe. I mean, at least NATO knew of Russia's intentions, and how to effectively counter them where necessary.

Sallow, at the time of the Korean war, 1951 to 1953, no one had ICBM's. The United States had the most nuclear devices and were just developing Hydrogen weapons. Russia had the nuke (tested in 1948), however the only delivery system they had were the bombers that were patterned after the B-29. Those bombers were copied piece-by-piece from B-29's damaged over Japan that took emergency landings in Russia. They were taken apart, copied and then a replica was manufactured in Russia. They knew about the US having a nuke and were secretly developing one themselves from information sent to them from inside the Manhattan project. Big Joe Stalin wasn't dumb. He knew that the 'west' was going to be his nemesis after the war because of eastern Europe so he needed an ace in the hole. If McArthur had used nukes during the Korean War, would Stalin have retaliated? He would have tried for sure.

As for North Korea, the food that we send is never identified as American foreign aid. So the question boils down to: Do we want to feed the North Koreans for just the sake of humanity, because we will never get the credit? Do you let hundreds of thousands, possibly millions die of starvation because of the complete and utter EVIL that rules them? AND we know from experience that North Korea will never agree to anything simply based upon whether they get food from us or not. So the 'gift' would be just for our benefit.

We KNOW who we are. We KNOW what is in our heart. We KNOW that we want nothing but good things for the Korean people and I don't think recognition is part of that. It would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. If you can stand by and watch a man starve to death, then you have your answer. I cannot... YES, feed them.

Forum List

Back