Do you think U.S should donate food to N.Korea?

Neither do I. In fact, I'd honestly prefer it if the US, UK and anyone else tied-up in that mullah infested dump never involved themselves in any other medieval muslim nation, ever. Let them sort themselves out for once.

Aww. Boo hoo. MacArthur should've decimated the N. Korean military and leadership when he had the chance. Instead, all the West was left with was a whole heap of anxiety for the next half a century over whether or not Pyongyang would start lobbing ICBMs at everyone over spilt milk.

Russia would have started lobbing ICBMs. That's a fact. And no country in it's right mind was going to put up with another country that uses nukes to end wars.

Really? As far as I can tell the USSR just wanted America to keep its nose out of their political and territorial interests. They weren't trying to aggressively assert their military might because they'd already proved themselves on countless occasions. N. Korea, on the the other hand, has been needlessly sabre rattling for decades, and in turn have spread widespread fear around the globe. I mean, at least NATO knew of Russia's intentions, and how to effectively counter them where necessary.

Are you really this obtuse in real life?

North Korea was the responsibility of the Soviets in the first place. They were arming them initially. They were taken aback by Kim's "independence" and knocked on their heels by the invasion. But there is basically no doubt that if ICBMs starting flying around..they would have joined in.

Sallow, at the time of the Korean war, 1951 to 1953, no one had ICBM's. The United States had the most nuclear devices and were just developing Hydrogen weapons. Russia had the nuke (tested in 1948), however the only delivery system they had were the bombers that were patterned after the B-29. Those bombers were copied piece-by-piece from B-29's damaged over Japan that took emergency landings in Russia. They were taken apart, copied and then a replica was manufactured in Russia. They knew about the US having a nuke and were secretly developing one themselves from information sent to them from inside the Manhattan project. Big Joe Stalin wasn't dumb. He knew that the 'west' was going to be his nemesis after the war because of eastern Europe so he needed an ace in the hole. If McArthur had used nukes during the Korean War, would Stalin have retaliated? He would have tried for sure.

As for North Korea, the food that we send is never identified as American foreign aid. So the question boils down to: Do we want to feed the North Koreans for just the sake of humanity, because we will never get the credit? Do you let hundreds of thousands, possibly millions die of starvation because of the complete and utter EVIL that rules them? AND we know from experience that North Korea will never agree to anything simply based upon whether they get food from us or not. So the 'gift' would be just for our benefit.

We KNOW who we are. We KNOW what is in our heart. We KNOW that we want nothing but good things for the Korean people and I don't think recognition is part of that. It would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. If you can stand by and watch a man starve to death, then you have your answer. I cannot... YES, feed them.

Okay..well there would have been nukes..for everyone. Not good.

Russia would have started lobbing ICBMs. That's a fact. And no country in it's right mind was going to put up with another country that uses nukes to end wars.

Really? As far as I can tell the USSR just wanted America to keep its nose out of their political and territorial interests. They weren't trying to aggressively assert their military might because they'd already proved themselves on countless occasions. N. Korea, on the the other hand, has been needlessly sabre rattling for decades, and in turn have spread widespread fear around the globe. I mean, at least NATO knew of Russia's intentions, and how to effectively counter them where necessary.

North Korea was the responsibility of the Soviets in the first place. They were arming them initially. They were taken aback by Kim's "independence" and knocked on their heels by the invasion. But there is basically no doubt that if ICBMs starting flying around..they would have joined in.

Sometimes.

But no, I do see where you're coming from. Although I'm aware of the formal relationship that existed between Moscow and Pyongyang (and that they'd more than likely side with N. Korea if they were still close allies), something tells me that the Russians would've been more measured in their projection of power if they were still under the communist regime today, or in the past, for that matter. And that they'd be strong-arming N. Korea to reign in their attitude.

In any case, I agree with High_Gravity. In the sense that if the US were ever to enter into cordial relations leading up to aid relief, there would have to be conditions that are rigidly enforced and adhered to. Starting with N. Korea lowering the proverbial pistol it goes about with that's permanently drawn and levelled at the West.

Sallow, at the time of the Korean war, 1951 to 1953, no one had ICBM's. The United States had the most nuclear devices and were just developing Hydrogen weapons. Russia had the nuke (tested in 1948), however the only delivery system they had were the bombers that were patterned after the B-29. Those bombers were copied piece-by-piece from B-29's damaged over Japan that took emergency landings in Russia. They were taken apart, copied and then a replica was manufactured in Russia. They knew about the US having a nuke and were secretly developing one themselves from information sent to them from inside the Manhattan project. Big Joe Stalin wasn't dumb. He knew that the 'west' was going to be his nemesis after the war because of eastern Europe so he needed an ace in the hole. If McArthur had used nukes during the Korean War, would Stalin have retaliated? He would have tried for sure.

As for North Korea, the food that we send is never identified as American foreign aid. So the question boils down to: Do we want to feed the North Koreans for just the sake of humanity, because we will never get the credit? Do you let hundreds of thousands, possibly millions die of starvation because of the complete and utter EVIL that rules them? AND we know from experience that North Korea will never agree to anything simply based upon whether they get food from us or not. So the 'gift' would be just for our benefit.

We KNOW who we are. We KNOW what is in our heart. We KNOW that we want nothing but good things for the Korean people and I don't think recognition is part of that. It would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. If you can stand by and watch a man starve to death, then you have your answer. I cannot... YES, feed them.

Another question I have is, why is it the responsibilty of the US to feed the North Korean people? China is right there, how come the Chinese can't help them out? Like Swagger said, China is right there and could certainly do it easier than we could flying food over there.

Let China help them out.
They border one another. China more than has the means. They share the same idealogy. Sit this shit out.

Let China help them out.
They border one another. China more than has the means. They share the same idealogy. Sit this shit out.

Plus China is the whole reason that rogue regime exists, if China didn't inject 1 million Chinese troops into the Korean war against us, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Sometimes.

But no, I do see where you're coming from. Although I'm aware of the formal relationship that existed between Moscow and Pyongyang (and that they'd more than likely side with N. Korea if they were still close allies), something tells me that the Russians would've been more measured in their projection of power if they were still under the communist regime today, or in the past, for that matter. And that they'd be strong-arming N. Korea to reign in their attitude.

In any case, I agree with High_Gravity. In the sense that if the US were ever to enter into cordial relations leading up to aid relief, there would have to be conditions that are rigidly enforced and adhered to. Starting with N. Korea lowering the proverbial pistol it goes about with that's permanently drawn and levelled at the West.

Okay..I am good with that. :D

Let China help them out.

Plus China is the whole reason that rogue regime exists, if China didn't inject 1 million Chinese troops into the Korean war against us, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

China is as self interested as any other country. They saw that the Soviets dropped the ball and had no interest in a US backed Korea at their doorstep. In the past the US fought China..in order to keep Chinese hooked on heroin. (SEE: Boxer Rebellion) And essentially looked the other way when the Japanese were using Chinese as medical experiments. (SEE: Rape of Nanking). However, this should have also provided insight into the fissure between the Soviets and Chinese Communists. To bad it didn't.

By that reasoning, they should feed them too.

Yeah, but in all honesty, Russia's never been ashamed of the fact that they couldn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

Yeah, but in all honesty, Russia's never been ashamed of the fact that they couldn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

Yeah, but why drag us in? How many people around the World do we feed? Let's distinguish between Government aid and Private Charities. Private Charities should have a free hand.

Okay..well there would have been nukes..for everyone. Not good.

Unlikely. The Communists had stolen the Nuclear secrets less than 2 years prior. Russia had no more than a prototype.

Had Truman not been a colossal fuckup, MacArthur would have crushed both Kim and Mao. He was literally within weeks of defeating Mao's forces IN CHINA.

You've never actually picked up a history book, have you?

I absoltely do not think we should donate food to N Korea. If they insist on running their country with an iron fist and fail to do the things needed to survive in the current world, then let them suffer the consequences of poor judgement and insane leadership.

Forum List

Back