Do you think the minimum wage needs to be raised?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
If so you should support the repeal of Obamacare. That simple act would unleash businesses to hire full time workers instead of part time which would result in a 25% increase in any minimum wage workers take home pay for a yearly total of approximately 4k additional income.

If you don't support this action then you have no right to piss & moan about minimum wage. PERIOD

• Banned
The OP is BS but yes, of course it should be raised.

My oldest daughter is going through a divorce of sorts & has had to move in. As she was a stay at home mother for the last 5 years & had no need for a job she is now getting a crash course in Obamanomics. No job will hire her for more than 29 hours and several have told her that because of the ACA they are no longer hiring full time employees for non essential positions.

This thread is not BS but an actual life experience based on real world policies. Just because most of us don't experience it doesn't mean it isn't real.

You may now continue shinning your chin on Obamas ass cheeks

They specifically said they won't hire for more than 29 hrs b/c of ACA or are you full of shit. My guess is that you are full of shit. Perhaps the reason is that she has no experience and is not qualified for traditional full time work.

The min wage needs to be eliminated.
How is gov't authorized to interfere in the relationship between employer and employee? If someone is willing to work for 1/hr, who says they shouldn't? Don't we believe people are smart enough to manage their own affairs? We dont need big daddy gov't getting in the way.
The most affected are the ones worst off. It isn't a choice between jobs at 5/hr and jobs at 10/hr. It is a choice between jobs at 5/hr and no job at all. Libs would rather feel good about themlseves ("Let's give America a raise!") than look at the actual facts.

They specifically said they won't hire for more than 29 hrs b/c of ACA or are you full of shit. My guess is that you are full of shit. Perhaps the reason is that she has no experience and is not qualified for traditional full time work.
She has no experience. He said so. But why should that shut her out of a full time job?

I don't lie.
I have never heard of any employer saying such a thing. If they are telling that to applicants...it should be online somewhere (official statements). Have any links?

She has no experience. He said so. But why should that shut her out of a full time job?
Because historically, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants and other low income jobs have ALWAYS been part time.

Because historically, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants and other low income jobs have ALWAYS been part time.
Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?

Oh, and I don't support ACA...but I also don't support BS!

If so you should support the repeal of Obamacare. That simple act would unleash businesses to hire full time workers instead of part time which would result in a 25% increase in any minimum wage workers take home pay for a yearly total of approximately 4k additional income.

If you don't support this action then you have no right to piss & moan about minimum wage. PERIOD
I think it's fair to say ObamaCare has caused some harm to the economy, but to suggest it is the single cause for the shortage of full time jobs is absolutely ridiculous. Just because it sounds like it makes sense it is the reason, it doesn't mean it actually is and you can't prove it is.

Raising the minimum wage would lift 10s of millions of people out of poverty; more people could pay taxes; much less people would qualify for government assistance; and any initial cost to the economy would be regained and more with the huge boost of consumer spending.

The good far outweighs the bad.

Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
General knowledge. Why offer a full time job in positions that students historically take.

Yes, I do.

I understand that the rich can spend it better and more effciently, but allowing 80% of the country to be poor and living below the ability to even feed themselves is very bad for this country. The 50%, making money, producing(supply) and spending it(demand) is far better for our economy when we pay them right.

10.00 per hour isn't asking for too much.

Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
General knowledge. Why offer a full time job in positions that students historically take.
IOW I have no proof.
I have known many full time grocery clerks. That right there means your post is nonsense.

Yes, I do.

I understand that the rich can spend it better and more effciently, but allowing 80% of the country to be poor and living below the ability to even feed themselves is very bad for this country. The 50%, making money, producing(supply) and spending it(demand) is far better for our economy when we pay them right.

10.00 per hour isn't asking for too much.
Bullshit.
People get paid what they're worth. You want more money? Get better job skills.

Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
IOW I have no proof.
I have known many full time grocery clerks. That right there means your post is nonsense.
But I thought you said they weren't hiring full time anymore? Make up your mind! :lmao:

Forum List

Back