Do you think the minimum wage needs to be raised?

I make tons of money reminding you to go buy more Blatz.

How much money you make doing this bullshit rabbit? Blatz sixers don't cost much you know. And college is expensive. So really, how much you get paid. Cause if you are doing this for your "hobby", you got issues dude.

The OP is BS but yes, of course it should be raised.

My oldest daughter is going through a divorce of sorts & has had to move in. As she was a stay at home mother for the last 5 years & had no need for a job she is now getting a crash course in Obamanomics. No job will hire her for more than 29 hours and several have told her that because of the ACA they are no longer hiring full time employees for non essential positions.

This thread is not BS but an actual life experience based on real world policies. Just because most of us don't experience it doesn't mean it isn't real.

You may now continue shinning your chin on Obamas ass cheeks

I wonder what jobs she has applied for that told her that. How about some details.

I have no problem with an increase in the minimum wage to 7.75 or maybe 8.00 dollars an hour but doubling it to 15.00 dollars an hour as some want get real.
Why do you have no probem with it? Do you want people to lose their jobs?
Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much. It has been almost five years since the last increase it was ten years between increases before that the last increase was 70 cents the one before that was 1.40 I don't really feel what I'm suggesting is way out of bounds.
So id the last increase didnt help anyone and send this country to nirvana why would an increase as you propose do any better?
You would have to ask those who were earning the minimum wage at that time if it helped them my guess would be most would say making more helps how much depends on the persons situation. I don't recall those increases destroying the country or sending us into a recession either.
So you have no proof. How about asking those who got fired ? Or those who werent hired?

I have no problem with an increase in the minimum wage to 7.75 or maybe 8.00 dollars an hour but doubling it to 15.00 dollars an hour as some want get real.
Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much.
Job performance determines pay not need.
That is true but the minimum wage is simply the lowest wage you can start at the debate here is should that lowest level be bumped up a little after your hired your job performance still determines where your pay goes from there not need.
Dunno about your area but VERY FEW places here pay minimum wage, including fast food. Most of them advertise here between 8 & 9.

But the point of this thread wasn't about the need for an increase so much as it was for the hypocrisy of the left

So, let me get this straight...

Your daughter has been told, point blank, due to the ACA she cannot be offered a job? How many times did this happen?

Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much. It has been almost five years since the last increase it was ten years between increases before that the last increase was 70 cents the one before that was 1.40 I don't really feel what I'm suggesting is way out of bounds.
So id the last increase didnt help anyone and send this country to nirvana why would an increase as you propose do any better?
You would have to ask those who were earning the minimum wage at that time if it helped them my guess would be most would say making more helps how much depends on the persons situation. I don't recall those increases destroying the country or sending us into a recession either.
So you have no proof. How about asking those who got fired ? Or those who werent hired?
Do you have any proof that people were fired or not hired because of it? If we were talking about doubling or more the minimum wage I would see your point and agree with it but this bizarre objection to raising the minimum wage 50 or 75 cents makes no sense.

Do you have any proof that people were fired or not hired because of it? If we were talking about doubling or more the minimum wage I would see your point and agree with it but this bizarre objection to raising the minimum wage 50 or 75 cents makes no sense.
Obviously at the margin it makes a difference. Why would you think otherwise?
Besides, who are you to dictate what employers have to pay?

So to quote you you have no proof second I nor anyone else would be dictating what employers pay were talking about what the minimum starting pay would be which in the case of the federal minimum wage would be decided by a vote from Congress after setting the minimum starting point the employer would decide on raises in pay from there. It almost seems like you would be happy going back to days when employers could work people 80 hours a week and pay them a dollar a day.

So to quote you you have no proof second I nor anyone else would be dictating what employers pay were talking about what the minimum starting pay would be which in the case of the federal minimum wage would be decided by a vote from Congress after setting the minimum starting point the employer would decide on raises in pay from there. It almost seems like you would be happy going back to days when employers could work people 80 hours a week and pay them a dollar a day.
Why do you think that would happen absent government fiat to the contrary? Would you work 80hrs a week for a dollar a day?

Why do you think that would happen absent government fiat to the contrary? Would you work 80hrs a week for a dollar a day?
You do realize we had that type of stuff in the past things like that were the reasons for child labor laws and the minimum wage. If the employer can set what their minimum starting pay will set it as low as they can to maximize profit other businesses would have to do the same if they wanted to compete so what choice would you have other than to accept the low pay or have no job at all?

If so you should support the repeal of Obamacare. That simple act would unleash businesses to hire full time workers instead of part time which would result in a 25% increase in any minimum wage workers take home pay for a yearly total of approximately 4k additional income.

If you don't support this action then you have no right to piss & moan about minimum wage. PERIOD

Businesses can already afford to hire full time workers. They choose not to because they are greedy fucks and pretend that its all about Obamacare.

Why do you think any business would be opposed to the minimum wage if they didn't have every intention of paying their employees lower than that?

The idea that everybody gets paid what they are worth is a fairy tale. It's never been true. Did the bank CEOs who failed and were bailed out with our money earn the million dollar salaries they still collect?

You do realize we had that type of stuff in the past things like that were the reasons for child labor laws and the minimum wage. If the employer can set what their minimum starting pay will set it as low as they can to maximize profit other businesses would have to do the same if they wanted to compete so what choice would you have other than to accept the low pay or have no job at all?
So was that a yes or a no that you would be willing to work 80 hrs a week for 1/day?

Why do you think any business would be opposed to the minimum wage if they didn't have every intention of paying their employees lower than that?
Businesses would like to pay absolutely as little as possible. Which is why everyone is working for minimum wage. Right?

The idea that everybody gets paid what they are worth is a fairy tale. It's never been true. Did the bank CEOs who failed and were bailed out with our money earn the million dollar salaries they still collect?
Yes. Why did you favor bailing them out?

My oldest daughter is going through a divorce of sorts & has had to move in. As she was a stay at home mother for the last 5 years & had no need for a job she is now getting a crash course in Obamanomics. No job will hire her for more than 29 hours and several have told her that because of the ACA they are no longer hiring full time employees for non essential positions.

This thread is not BS but an actual life experience based on real world policies. Just because most of us don't experience it doesn't mean it isn't real.

Do you think these companies are going to go back and hire full time employees if o-care is reneged, now that these companies know they can have just part timers doing these ''non essential'' jobs?

Your daughter needs to take the 29 hr a week job and get some skills under her belt....do the very best job that she can when there, make it to work on time and not call in sick, and she'll be working full time in a few months...

I'll say a prayer for her too!

Do you think these companies are going to go back and hire full time employees if o-care is reneged, now that these companies know they can have just part timers doing these ''non essential'' jobs?

Your daughter needs to take the 29 hr a week job and get some skills under her belt....do the very best job that she can when there, make it to work on time and not call in sick, and she'll be working full time in a few months...

Do I believe businesses would hire full time? Of course they would. They are paying out the same amount in payroll now. The only difference is they are complicating their payroll by having to hire more people to do the same job.

Do I believe businesses would hire full time? Of course they would. They are paying out the same amount in payroll now. The only difference is they are complicating their payroll by having to hire more people to do the same job.
I was in Manufacturing and the Retail Industry for years, and we, (as in the industry) have focused on hiring more part timers for decades now....one, it makes it easier to cover all the hours department stores are opened, 7 days a week, and two, they did cost us less, with benefits...though we did cover health care benefits for 20 hours or more from part timers, without Obama forcing us to.

For non essential jobs, I think they will still keep the hours at 30 hours or less and make the person in the job, do what once was done in 40 hours...that improves their productivity....

of course there are some industries that may benefit from more full timers and less part timers...but many of those jobs are jobs with the smaller businesses, who were not subject to Obama Care rules in the first place.

Minimum responsibility should be raised.
Minimum obligation to society should be raised.
Minimum decency should be raised.
Minimum support for your children should be raised.

Then the minimum wage would not even be an issue.

Forum List

Back