Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Omnipotence doesn't necessarily denote effective work habits.
Lol, look up the word

Also, I prefer this one

View attachment 206363

I know that the word means ... it's a simple Latin portmanteau. I also know there's a difference between having unlimited power and using unlimited power.

hqdefault.jpg

G-d has free will too and he's allowed to be an underachiever like the rest of us.
The church of goD the fairly competent?

Why not? Like I said before, he's dealing with a lot of stuff. I once heard someone say, "G-d answers all prayers, sometimes he says 'No'. "
I'm sorry dude, I'm glad you have faith.

I don't.

Faith is described as not wanting to know the truth. It is like putting blinders on your mind.

Why would you be glad that one has faith when it means going into intellectual and moral dissonance?

Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Regards
DL

Do you need to reinforce your own beliefs by denigrating those of others?

I do.

Why do you fear putting your views to a test?

As to religious issues and denigrations, religions have cause more wars than any other organization and continue to promote homophobia and misogyny. Do you like that?

The question then goes to you.
Why are you not denigrating the vile mainstream religions which spawned Inquisitions and Jihads?

Regards
DL

Faith is described as not wanting to know the truth. It is like putting blinders on your mind.

Why would you be glad that one has faith when it means going into intellectual and moral dissonance?

Martin Luther.

Regards
DL

Human reason, sense and understanding cannot equal that of God, therefore to trample it by faith allows you to accept there is God. You simply made an intellectual mistake in understanding what Luther means.

We all have a God. I say that in the broader sense of the word, as God is an ideal you have created for yourself. From atheism to fundamental, you will, in that sense, have a God/Ideal, be God your God natural or supernatural.

God/ideals can only be exhibited or expressed through a person.

We all give plenty to our Gods and their human mouth pieces, --- mostly false prophets if the bible speaks the truth, --- yet God never acknowledges what you do for him or her.

I, as a Gnostic Christian clergy, self-appointed (as is fit), has been acknowledged and do not include myself in the “you” of the opening question.

Why does God not acknowledge all but the few?

Why are you, of the supernatural God type, a cash cow and devoted slave to what amounts to a deadbeat parent and absentee God and his less than moral religion thanks to lying clergy?

You love God but the lack of acknowledgement from God shows that God does not love you back. That means that it is not a true love. This is in accordance to the standard that Jesus set. It is a shame that the Jesus followers, Christians and Muslims, will not do as he bids them do, as was the Jewish tradition of archetypal prophets, and elect a new God that might return your love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB4J-keW3A

Can you forgive a rude God?

Regards
DL

This made me laugh, for which I am ever appreciative.

Broken down:

Why are you not special? *I* am ever so special, and made sure I am special by designing God to my specifications. But I am accusing you of designing God to YOUR specifications. Therefore, I am more specialer than you.

Isn't that special?

I agree that all Gods are man made.

You wright funny and your comprehension might not be what it should be as you did not catch that I admitted apotheosis.

I guess you were too busy laughing.

Regards
DL

Pretty sure he's busy.

Busy doing what? So many cancers, people going hungry, kids being abused. Sounds like to me God isn’t doing much.

No. Cancers, hunger, child abuse . . . all human acts or causalities of human behavior, not divine ones. Mankind must take responsibility for his own actions, and the subsequent consequences--not blame them on God. Do you blame your parents for the consequences of your own actions?

Do you blame the parents for the abominations you see in this clip?

If so, what do you think they did to deserve such?

Regards
DL

Oh, wow. You really feel you are privileged, don’t you? My Christian God and I acknowledge each other all the time.

Where did I say I felt privileged?

I would say that you are the one who thinks himself privileged to chat with God so often. I sure can't say that.

How do you and your God acknowledge each other? Him to you is especially what I am curious about.

Regards
DL

Another question, after refusing to answer mine? I would be happy to answer, if you would do me the courtesy of same.

Again: what do you mean, when you say your god talks to you? Is it a voice? A feeling? What?

In this echo chamber you've created, you're ears ring. So loudly so you fail to see ahead far enough on the path you follow to read the steeply descending terrain and take precaution. Abstinence of acquiescence to personal restraint does not validate an argument, just as blind acquiescence without a careful step make admirability apparent.
Look, I get it. You are refusing to answer. Maybe someone with a pair of stones will come along and answer. I will offend your delicate sensibilities no more.

That's okay, no offense intended or taken, Indiana. What I was trying to illustrate was the source of the drive of the non-believer (not assuming you are one) to harvest answers from the believer. My suspicion, long held, of that source, is the need for reaffirmation of faith.

As I wrote to the OP in an earlier post in this thread, the voice of faith is a highly personal self- interpretive one, and a different and equally personal understanding and journey for each of us. Does God text me every night before bedtime? Of course not. However, over the course of a life led over one long and evolving cycle of belief, disbelief, and finally--a return to absolute faith--well then yes, I do believe God speaks to us all--through the many euphemisms of life, through experiencing them: tactile, sensory, intellectual derivation--through all interactions of being. And finally, in the repercussions of our behaviors, both interpersonally and introverted.

And that, is all I can provide for you . . .
Okay, thank you for your answer. I would ask you now: Do you understand and accept that a rational person may, without any value judgments of any particular faith, not accept any of that as communication from a god? Or, is this some sort of nefarious, will full rejection , in your opinion?

I absolutely accept that. Free will is the foundation of our existence. Just as you or I are free to interpret our metaphysical intellectual rationalizations for being alive and sentient in any way we choose. No one has to believe in any dogma or secular philosophy. It's all open to personal interpretation. I am no evangelical or crusader for either or any one. Just a humble believer in what makes sense to me.

You nor any evolving person has the freedom of will to not sin. If we did, then we would have some who could say that they are not sinners. That of course would refute your bible that says we are all sinners, which of course means that God nor nature has given us the free will ability to not sin.

Do you still foolishly think you have a free will that can choose not to ever sin?

Regards
DL

GreatestIam's god is dead and powerless. A Living God communicates daily with His people through prayer.

God prays to man.
Not surprising as most of us are more moral than God who is a genocidal son murdering prick.

Regards
DL

Martin Luther.

Regards
DL

Human reason, sense and understanding cannot equal that of God, therefore to trample it by faith allows you to accept there is God. You simply made an intellectual mistake in understanding what Luther means.

How can you even know anything about God and the supernatural?

You are lying, --- and do not care, --- which shows how your belief system has corrupted your morals.

You seem to know all about how Martin Luther thought. Tell us what he meant with these and tell us if you are a wife or prostitute.

The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Works 12.94

No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)

Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Table Talk

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.”
- Martin Luther

Regards
DL

In this echo chamber you've created, you're ears ring. So loudly so you fail to see ahead far enough on the path you follow to read the steeply descending terrain and take precaution. Abstinence of acquiescence to personal restraint does not validate an argument, just as blind acquiescence without a careful step make admirability apparent.
Look, I get it. You are refusing to answer. Maybe someone with a pair of stones will come along and answer. I will offend your delicate sensibilities no more.

That's okay, no offense intended or taken, Indiana. What I was trying to illustrate was the source of the drive of the non-believer (not assuming you are one) to harvest answers from the believer. My suspicion, long held, of that source, is the need for reaffirmation of faith.

As I wrote to the OP in an earlier post in this thread, the voice of faith is a highly personal self- interpretive one, and a different and equally personal understanding and journey for each of us. Does God text me every night before bedtime? Of course not. However, over the course of a life led over one long and evolving cycle of belief, disbelief, and finally--a return to absolute faith--well then yes, I do believe God speaks to us all--through the many euphemisms of life, through experiencing them: tactile, sensory, intellectual derivation--through all interactions of being. And finally, in the repercussions of our behaviors, both interpersonally and introverted.

And that, is all I can provide for you . . .
Okay, thank you for your answer. I would ask you now: Do you understand and accept that a rational person may, without any value judgments of any particular faith, not accept any of that as communication from a god? Or, is this some sort of nefarious, will full rejection , in your opinion?

I absolutely accept that. Free will is the foundation of our existence. Just as you or I are free to interpret our metaphysical intellectual rationalizations for being alive and sentient in any way we choose. No one has to believe in any dogma or secular philosophy. It's all open to personal interpretation. I am no evangelical or crusader for either or any one. Just a humble believer in what makes sense to me.

You nor any evolving person has the freedom of will to not sin. If we did, then we would have some who could say that they are not sinners. That of course would refute your bible that says we are all sinners, which of course means that God nor nature has given us the free will ability to not sin.

Do you still foolishly think you have a free will that can choose not to ever sin?

Regards
DL

Dude, you're LARPING the Snake and it is getting tiresome. /Over and out.

Human beings are evolving into what may be our ultimate form. Death is essential to that process. You can't blame G-d because his plan for us isn't yet complete.

You can't blame G-d because his plan for us isn't yet complete
How do you know it isn't? i say it IS complete. gee, if only there was a way to tell who was right and who was wrong..

It's not about right or wrong. You should believe in what coincides most closely to your world view, your knowledge, and your experience. If it feels complete to you and that is what the evidence of your eyes tells you, that's what you should believe.

How do you know it isn't? i say it IS complete. gee, if only there was a way to tell who was right and who was wrong..

It's not about right or wrong. You should believe in what coincides most closely to your world view, your knowledge, and your experience. If it feels complete to you and that is what the evidence of your eyes tells you, that's what you should believe.
No, that's a terrible way to live. If we lived that way, we would still believe demons caused disease, and the world is flat.

No, that's a terrible way to live. If we lived that way, we would still believe demons caused disease, and the world is flat.

If that's what you want to believe, and that belief brings you comfort, then please believe it.

We all have a God. I say that in the broader sense of the word, as God is an ideal you have created for yourself. From atheism to fundamental, you will, in that sense, have a God/Ideal, be God your God natural or supernatural.

God/ideals can only be exhibited or expressed through a person.

We all give plenty to our Gods and their human mouth pieces, --- mostly false prophets if the bible speaks the truth, --- yet God never acknowledges what you do for him or her.

I, as a Gnostic Christian clergy, self-appointed (as is fit), has been acknowledged and do not include myself in the “you” of the opening question.

Why does God not acknowledge all but the few?

Why are you, of the supernatural God type, a cash cow and devoted slave to what amounts to a deadbeat parent and absentee God and his less than moral religion thanks to lying clergy?

You love God but the lack of acknowledgement from God shows that God does not love you back. That means that it is not a true love. This is in accordance to the standard that Jesus set. It is a shame that the Jesus followers, Christians and Muslims, will not do as he bids them do, as was the Jewish tradition of archetypal prophets, and elect a new God that might return your love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB4J-keW3A

Can you forgive a rude God?

Regards
DL

This made me laugh, for which I am ever appreciative.

Broken down:

Why are you not special? *I* am ever so special, and made sure I am special by designing God to my specifications. But I am accusing you of designing God to YOUR specifications. Therefore, I am more specialer than you.

Isn't that special?

I agree that all Gods are man made.

You wright funny and your comprehension might not be what it should be as you did not catch that I admitted apotheosis.

I guess you were too busy laughing.

Regards
DL

Oh, you think I would devise a God who would condemn me to everlasting Hell in my natural state? I can't redeem myself. In my own qualities, just as I am here as I type, I am without hope. Good wrighter or bad wrighter.

But you have redeemed yourself. Correct?

If that's what you want to believe, and that belief brings you comfort, then please believe it.
Thanks! And the same goes for you and for every other religious person. The problems arise when people insist that heir beliefs be codified into law or policy. In those cases, we need a rational system of argument and evidence for deciding the value of ideas. While an evidence based determination can be subjected to such standards, magical belief cannot.

If I claimed the earth was flat, we could test the truth of that idea. If I claimed god's plan was complete, we could not. that is an important, qualitative difference.

Thanks! And the same goes for you and for every other religious person. The problems arise when people insist that heir beliefs be codified into law or policy. In those cases, we need a rational system of argument and evidence for deciding the value of ideas. While an evidence based determination can be subjected to such standards, magical belief cannot.

If I claimed the earth was flat, we could test the truth of that idea. If I claimed god's plan was complete, we could not. that is an important, qualitative difference.

We don't live in a theocracy. There is not ecumenical hierarchy that creates laws in this country. Laws are created by the people we elect who share, or not, our values.

The laws of any society should reflect the values of that society. The values we hold as a society are a conglomeration of ideas from philosophy, our collective history, and even our religious beliefs. There is no litmus test to determine if our values are good or bad, we can only evaluate them on our individual beliefs.

This is a principle that I use to evaluate values ... others have theirs

"My morality, the morality of reason, is contained in a single axiom: existence exists—and in a single choice: to live. The rest proceeds from these."

Forum List

Back