Do You Think Blacks Are Cursed By God?

Are blacks cursed by God? That question is almost too stupid to answer. In a word no, God loves us all.
I used to think that but reading the bible tells me differently. God has a clear preference for one group. I have yet to find anywhere God himself says he loves us all. Now that doesnt mean he doesnt accept everyone.
Have you noticed how people are attacking the OP for posing the question -- but not the plethora of so-called well established religious sects who actually preached this belief for years and years??

Are Blacks Cursed by God? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Usually whenever racial discussions take place -- the belief that blacks are ultimately inferior crops up -- my question is, let's concede that blacks are inferior, now what?

Let's assume that blacks are the most inferior humans on the planet, ok -- now what?
What policy wise do we do about them? Or is the objective mostly about establishing the belief that blacks are inferior, period? I would think such a claim should be followed by something more than racial bragging rights - shouldn't their be some policies in place to deal with these inferior people? Especially if it is also believed that those inferior people messes up everything for the rest of "us"

The belief is long held among "Christians" that blacks were cursed by God, from the article: "It is claimed that not only the slavery of blacks was in fulfillment of this Biblical curse, but their black skin color is too."

I can only imagine how tough it must be for a black person, knowing they are not only inferior, but cursed by God himself; as one man said about growing up as a child in a mostly white church that preached this type of doctrine:

"It was in the summer of 1951 when I, as an inquisitive seven-year-old, sat on the steps of the First Baptist Church in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, and cried. I had tried diligently to rub off the blackness of my flesh, because my white girl companions had remarked about its offensiveness. The rubbing with Ajax cleanser left only a reddened, puffy spot that ached, almost as much as my childish heart, when I began to ponder why a God of love would make a person black, unless he really did not love me."

Apparently, this was a popular belief among Protestants/Catholics up until the late 1800's when the pope at that time said a prayer for those dirty blacks so they wouldn't be evil anymore or something, that was kind of him. Mormons kept this belief going much much later however, they didn't officially contradict this until 2013 -- again, that was kind of them.

So as I asked before, if black folks are mostly inferior, what should be done about them? Especially if you are a believer that God cursed them.

Of course they are not cursed by god. Ridiculous post.
So how did so many so-called "well established" religions get it so wrong for so long?? As I said in the OP -- it was only up until 2013 that the Mormons had to officially contradict this belief --- but this post is ridiculous for bringing up these facts?

Correct, In my opinion all these religions got it wrong. There is no race that is cursed by god, first of all for someone who believes in god you have to think a minute. we all belong to god if we are his creation and thus we are linked together. There is also no reason for god to curse half the planet in my opinion if you look back at history for various reasons....... shit just happens. It just turns out that that continent had various things going against it for some reason due to geo-political circumstances. There are some bible scriptures yes which can be interpreted one way or the other, and some religious people have chosen to interpret Black people as cursed.... in order to benefit themselves in some way. This has more to do with the politics of religion than anything else. If someone believes in God, and then believes in Jesus Christ, they would also have to realize that Jesus didnt teach that blacks are cursed... quite the contrary. And anyway, under the New Testament... the Old Law was done away with. The end game of the bible when you take the Old and new testaments into context is the message of redemption. Its just got twisted into something else because of Politics.... kinda like this Cavenaugh thing that is going around

Usually whenever racial discussions take place -- the belief that blacks are ultimately inferior crops up -- my question is, let's concede that blacks are inferior, now what?

Let's assume that blacks are the most inferior humans on the planet, ok -- now what?
What policy wise do we do about them? Or is the objective mostly about establishing the belief that blacks are inferior, period? I would think such a claim should be followed by something more than racial bragging rights - shouldn't their be some policies in place to deal with these inferior people? Especially if it is also believed that those inferior people messes up everything for the rest of "us"

The belief is long held among "Christians" that blacks were cursed by God, from the article: "It is claimed that not only the slavery of blacks was in fulfillment of this Biblical curse, but their black skin color is too."

I can only imagine how tough it must be for a black person, knowing they are not only inferior, but cursed by God himself; as one man said about growing up as a child in a mostly white church that preached this type of doctrine:

"It was in the summer of 1951 when I, as an inquisitive seven-year-old, sat on the steps of the First Baptist Church in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, and cried. I had tried diligently to rub off the blackness of my flesh, because my white girl companions had remarked about its offensiveness. The rubbing with Ajax cleanser left only a reddened, puffy spot that ached, almost as much as my childish heart, when I began to ponder why a God of love would make a person black, unless he really did not love me."

Apparently, this was a popular belief among Protestants/Catholics up until the late 1800's when the pope at that time said a prayer for those dirty blacks so they wouldn't be evil anymore or something, that was kind of him. Mormons kept this belief going much much later however, they didn't officially contradict this until 2013 -- again, that was kind of them.

So as I asked before, if black folks are mostly inferior, what should be done about them? Especially if you are a believer that God cursed them.
Troll Moar!!

Whites look like chimpanzees so I wouldnt be so quick to put them down if I was white.
You are the ONLY creature who would think that.
Billions of people think the same thing.

hE58B4858
You have me at a disadvantage (not really), because as soon as I compare your looks and behavior to a chimp, I'm the racist.
Nothing is stopping you from doing a comparison but your fear that I will make you look stupid. I'll even help you.

You attract hair lice just like monkeys do. You attack diseases like these 2 did, by allowing infected hordes to cross our borders, then sling poo at the rest of US who wanted him to stop.
ac.kth.obama.chimp.email.cnn.640x360.jpg
michelle-obama-baboon-monkey-totally-looks-like-laughing-smile-mouth-sad-hill-news1.jpg

From a Black Mormon......

This is from Billy Graham.

By BGEA StaffMay 23, 2013 Topics: Bible, Racism

Q:
Is it true that God cursed one of Noah's sons, who became the founder of the black race? My uncle is very prejudiced against people of other races, and he uses this to defend his position.
A:
No, this is not true, although it’s been repeated so often and for so long that many people still believe it, and — like your uncle — have used it to justify their prejudice against people of other races.

Noah, the Bible tells us, had three sons, each of whom (after the great flood) would become the founder of a number of nations or peoples. One of the sons, Ham, became the founder of some groups that settled in Africa, although most of his descendants settled elsewhere, including Babylonia and Assyria in the Middle East. (You can read the list of the nations that came from Noah’s sons in Genesis 10.)

Because of a specific shameful act that occurred after the great flood, Noah pronounced a curse or judgment on one of Ham’s sons, a man by the name of Canaan. The judgment was that Canaan and his descendants would become servants or slaves to his brothers and their descendants, and over time, this actually happened. But the curse was not on Ham; it was only on his son, Canaan (see Genesis 9:25). Nor was Canaan the founder of any African nation or race; his descendants settled only in the Middle East.

Racial prejudice is sin in the eyes of God, and the Bible should never be used to defend it. God created the whole human race, and Jesus Christ died to redeem people from every race. Remember: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

From a Black Mormon......

This is from Billy Graham.

By BGEA StaffMay 23, 2013 Topics: Bible, Racism

Q:
Is it true that God cursed one of Noah's sons, who became the founder of the black race? My uncle is very prejudiced against people of other races, and he uses this to defend his position.
A:
No, this is not true, although it’s been repeated so often and for so long that many people still believe it, and — like your uncle — have used it to justify their prejudice against people of other races.

Noah, the Bible tells us, had three sons, each of whom (after the great flood) would become the founder of a number of nations or peoples. One of the sons, Ham, became the founder of some groups that settled in Africa, although most of his descendants settled elsewhere, including Babylonia and Assyria in the Middle East. (You can read the list of the nations that came from Noah’s sons in Genesis 10.)

Because of a specific shameful act that occurred after the great flood, Noah pronounced a curse or judgment on one of Ham’s sons, a man by the name of Canaan. The judgment was that Canaan and his descendants would become servants or slaves to his brothers and their descendants, and over time, this actually happened. But the curse was not on Ham; it was only on his son, Canaan (see Genesis 9:25). Nor was Canaan the founder of any African nation or race; his descendants settled only in the Middle East.

Racial prejudice is sin in the eyes of God, and the Bible should never be used to defend it. God created the whole human race, and Jesus Christ died to redeem people from every race. Remember: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

The people of Canaan actually were the ones that lived in Israel before the Hebrews marched around it and then blew the walls down. The Canaanites were also the people known as the Phoenicians by the Greeks.

"Nor was Canaan the founder of any African nation or race"

This statement is misleading. These people were definitely what we would today call African in appearance. However they settled what we now call the middle east Specifically Sumer and Israel. Canaan was the son of Ham and brother of Kush (Nubia) and Mizraim (Egypt).

Actually, blacks are not cursed any more. In the 21st century, blacks have more freedom than we whites. Especially financially, where it matters. They may not be the biggest millioners, but they have a lot more financial freedom.

(1) There is no such thing as a "curse."

(2) The Christian mandate is to value all other humans the same as one's self. All means all.

(3) Within any group of collected humans (women, blacks, Asians, homosexuals, etc), there are some who are taller/shorter, more/less intelligent, better/lesser athletes, and so on.

(4) Like it or not, black Africans' average intelligence is far below human norms...70 IQ, more or less. African Americans average 85 or so. But there is no reason why individual African Americans cannot aspire to great things, and pursue them.

(5) For this reason, no government program will "elevate" the millions of African Americans so that their income levels, educational achievement, professional accomplishments will be on par with so-called "white people," Asians, jews, or even Hispanics. Individuals? Yes, absolutely. But the Black masses, forget about it.

(6) This has nothing to do with racism, which now has been largely eradicated in the overall American experience. Do individuals hate Blacks, or believe them inferior? Of course. But those views are not prevalent, and they are not pervasive enough to remove significant opportunities from those Blacks with the talent and perseverence to pursue them.

(7) There is a large cottage industry of Blacks and weak-minded whites who take great pleasure in convincing Blacks that they are "cursed" or doomed to failure by pervasive white racism. A pox on these people.

The belief is long held among "Christians" that blacks were cursed by God, from the article:.....

I got this far, before I was done.

In seriously policy discussions, I have never heard anyone say the shit you are claiming always happens.

YOu are bat shit crazy. YOu are inferior, not because of your skin color, but because you have been infected with liberalism.

Actually, blacks are not cursed any more. In the 21st century, blacks have more freedom than we whites. Especially financially, where it matters. They may not be the biggest millioners, but they have a lot more financial freedom.
Blacks never were cursed. Not by god. Blacks were made in the image of god which is why we were the first people to populate the planet.

Blacks never were cursed. Not by god. Blacks were made in the image of god which is why we were the first people to populate the planet.

The Bible has a passage that says that the blacks were turned black because of a sin that their forefather did, but I forgot what that sin was. Anyways, archeology does prove indeed, that it was the prehistoric Ethiopians that spread out of Africa and conquered the world.

The Bible has a passage that says that the blacks were turned black because of a sin that their forefather did, but I forgot what that sin was. Anyways, archeology does prove indeed, that it was the prehistoric Ethiopians that spread out of Africa and conquered the world.

The bible doesnt say anything like that to my knowledge. People were turned white when god punished them in the bible or he turned part of their body white to show the Hebrews he was real.. Sounds more like that leftover fairy tale from slavery regarding the mark of Cain. It never says he was marked with Black skin. White people just made that up to justify slavery. Irregardless everyone died and Noahs offspring repopulated the planet. Its scientifically impossible for Noah to have been anything other than Black. White people cant produce Black people.

Thats a holdover from the days of slavery when whites tried their hardest to convince Blacks that they were doomed to a life of slavery because god wanted them to be slaves. When you look at the bible, use common sense, and use science you can clearly see that Blacks are gods chosen people.

Evidently.....not quite s0n!

The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life by Richard J. Herrnstein

Ooooops!

I reject the premise that blacks are inferior which makes the rest of your OP moot.

Thats a holdover from the days of slavery when whites tried their hardest to convince Blacks that they were doomed to a life of slavery because god wanted them to be slaves. When you look at the bible, use common sense, and use science you can clearly see that Blacks are gods chosen people.

Evidently.....not quite s0n!

The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life by Richard J. Herrnstein

Ooooops!
Why are you saying oops? Is it because the Bell Curve has been vigorously debunked for the last 2 decades? :rolleyes:

Are blacks cursed by God? That question is almost too stupid to answer. In a word no, God loves us all.
I used to think that but reading the bible tells me differently. God has a clear preference for one group. I have yet to find anywhere God himself says he loves us all. Now that doesnt mean he doesnt accept everyone.
Have you noticed how people are attacking the OP for posing the question -- but not the plethora of so-called well established religious sects who actually preached this belief for years and years??
Well whites have been racist and sexist for years and years, so it is no real surprise.

This is what we have: an article written by a bunch of uneductaed, ignorant whites making a ludicrous assumption and going from there as if it were true. Yeah that is sound. :aargh:

Forum List

Back