"Do you loove me?!"

xYY9DnN.gif

Their potential bothers me. Cute and cuddly now, but wouldn't take much to program
a gun in their hands.
EXACTLY!! That's the reason I added "weird" about how they make me feel. YEP!
And it's not just the programming. A while back I read that an experiment has been made with AI. I don't think this one involved robotics. They provided the AI, let's call it "subject" with 2 completely unrelated facts. It used its "brain" (I am sorry I know not much about the proper related terminology), and proceed to find out or deducted the 3rd fact that has nothing to do with the first 2 or what was provided to it in the past as far as data.

Last edited:
Their potential bothers me. Cute and cuddly now, but wouldn't take much to program
a gun in their hands.
Pretty sure this is like the space program which was used to get scientists involved in developing military technology who would never willingly work on weapons. Somewhere else there is a parallel program to make autonomous killing machines. It is a certainty.

Pretty sure this is like the space program which was used to get scientists involved in developing military technology who would never willingly work on weapons. Somewhere else there is a parallel program to make autonomous killing machines. It is a certainty.
AI is bound to de-throne Mankind. There is no doubt about that. Not just in battle and wars but in all other areas of our lives. That's probably why Elon Musk said something to the effect of "if Man were to remain Relevant, He will have to give chance to transhumanism. Or become half man half machine". As cruel and callous that is, it is honest and realist.

AI is bound to de-throne Mankind. There is no doubt about that. Not just in battle and wars but in all other areas of our lives. That's probably why Elon Musk said something to the effect of "if Man were to remain Relevant, He will have to give chance to transhumanism. Or become half man half machine". As cruel and callous that is, it is honest and realist.
AI could just as well be the thing that saves us from ourselves.

AI could just as well be the thing that saves us from ourselves.
Yeah, like taking our jobs and livelihoods as it already started.
About 3 years ago, a chinese company fired 90% of its employees and replaced them by Robots. It kept the 10% not because it thinks they are worthy of being kept on its payroll, but because it needs them to do the maintenance, needed repair of those robots if they break down!
Robots burger flippers are being tested.
So are driverless cars and big rig trucks.
Walmart is working to have self guiding carts, by having computer chips enbedded in that tells them where they should drive themselves to after the shopper was done with unloading their merchandise from them. So those clerks who are routinely seen taking back the carts to their emplacement from all corners of super markets parking lots are going to be no more. As when Walmart does that, the others usually will follow.
Temp companies or corporations have now a days what they refer to as "virtual office assistant". The boss could dial in a code at 3 am and tell it. "Hey, get off your fat ass and do this for me. I want it ready at 7 am when I get there." And it will be done.
Some of the Mc Donalds have electronic order takers. That means less humans are employed there and everywhere. etc.
Robots don't complain. dont have a child to take to the dentist. don't file for worker's comp. don't need a vacation or a salary. etc.
It's good for the 1%, Not for the 99.
Some of them will be able to self update, self repair just like windows 10 for some stuff. it fixes it, one does not need to get a computer repair man. I personallly like to do everthing on my own. When Cortana started to pop up without my permission and bug me every 30 seconds I turned it off. Unfortunately some are going to fall for this scam and over time they will become very stupid and uncapable of doing anything on their own.
If you did not watch the movie "Idiocracy" which came out few years back. You might want to. Very very insightfull.

Last edited:
Yeah, like taking our jobs and livelihoods as it already started.
About 3 years ago, a chinese company fired 90% of its employees and replaced them by Robots. It kept the 10% not because it thinks they are worthy of being kept on its payroll, but because it needs them to do the maintenance, needed repair of those robots if they break down!
Robots burger flippers are being tested.
So are driverless cars and big rig trucks.
Walmart is working to have self guiding carts, by having computer chips enbedded in that tells them where they should drive themselves to after the shopper was done with unloading their merchandise from them. So those clerks who are routinely seen taking back the carts to their emplacement from all corners of super markets parking lots are going to be no more. As when Walmart does that, the others usually will follow.
Temp companies or corporations have now a days what they refer to as "virtual office assistant". The boss could dial in a code at 3 am and tell it. "Hey, get off your fat ass and do this for me. I want it ready at 7 am when I get there." And it will be done.
Some of the Mc Donalds have electronic order takers. That means less humans are employed there and everywhere. etc.
Robots don't complain. dont have a child to take to the dentist. don't file for worker's comp. don't need a vacation or a salary. etc.
It's good for the 1%, Not for the 99.
Some of them will be able to self update, self repair just like windows 10 for some stuff. it fixes it, one does not need to get a computer repair man. I personallly like to do everthing on my own. When Cortana started to pop up without my permission and bug me every 30 seconds I turned it off. Unfortunately some are going to fall for this scam and over time they will become very stupid and uncapable of doing anything on their own.
If you did not watch the movie "Idiocracy" which came out few years back. You might want to. Very very insightfull.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
It's true. The thing in the US is education is Costly. Very. One might argue that those sh*t jobs will be replaced by newly created ones. Many of the ones that hold these jobs are usually too caught up in their daily misery to shoot for something higher.

Forum List

Back