Do you know how to change a flat tire?

This Cadillac was a boat as well, and all the weight was in the front end. It wasn't the first front wheel drive, but it was one of the first, so not only was there a 500 CID engine under the hood in the standard configuration, the transaxle was up there too.

When that wheel folded up and the front of the car landed on it, the car ground to a halt. I was shocked.

So shocked I forgot to put the car in park.

I got in the trunk and pulled out the jack and spare and started to jack it up.

That Cadillac had a hood that wrapped all the way around to the grill.

I was on a pretty flat spot and the car only started rolling back after I got it almost high enough to put the spare on.

Now visualize where a little taller bumper jack is going when the car rolls back...

View attachment 898763

Now imagine not having another jack to extricate it. 😄
I hope that is not the car you are talking about ^^^. That is a Lincoln--not a Caddy and I don't believe they were front wheel drive.

I hope that is not the car you are talking about ^^^. That is a Lincoln--not a Caddy and I don't believe they were front wheel drive.
No, that's just a stock photo of a bumper jack in action.

It looked like this...

Screenshot_20240207-132733-786.png

I have never owned a vehicle with a mini-spare, or a "doughnut", or whatever they are called. Every vehicle I have owned has had a full sized spare tire. You won't ever see this kid driving on a mini spare.

Recently I had to remove the spare tire out of my car when I was pulling out the jack to jack it up and change the brakes (always use jack stands) as my floor jack bit the dust and found out my spare tire was out of air. It's a good idea to check the air pressure in your spare, I'm glad I didn't discover that when I had a flat tire. I have only had one flat tire in the past 25 years.

Last edited:
This is funny ~

I ask my 16 year old son to bring my treadmill to my dress shop, and he destroyed it before he even got it out of the front yard. LMAO

Seems the tree in the front yard caught it as he was pulling out.

No

I don't

I need somebody to help me how to change a flat tire....

I don't know much how a car functions.....the minimal only....LOL

I just like to drive my car! :biggrin:🥰

I'd be so thankful if somebody can help me changing a flat tire...in the middle of the highway....sort of....

Because I don't have any idea how to do it....

No idea... not joking :dunno:

I'd be so thankful if somebody can help me changing a flat tire...in the middle of the highway....sort of....

Because I don't have any idea how to do it....

No idea... not joking :dunno:
Good luck with today's young men.

I had a teacher call in (text in, of course) saying that her little hippy car had a flat on the side of the road and she was waiting for the car service to come change it for her. She's young and pretty cute, not that that should matter.

In my day (yes, I'm that old), men would have soon stopped and offered to change her tire, even if she was starting to do it herself. And they would know how. I taught my boys and my girl how to change a tire, like my dad taught me. If he had not, I would have learned quick when I had my first car, cause it had tires that you could see the metal (yes, there is metal in tires, or at least there used to be). You could almost see the air.

But young boys back then knew how to deal with that. If I had called my dad and said that I had a flat on the freeway and didn't know what to do, he would think it was a joke.

Maybe someone did offer to help that teacher, but she was afraid to get out of her car for a strange male. Another sign of the kind of pathetic males we are passing for males these days.

Worst part is, this if Texas, where men used to be men.

Gotta go, there's some kids on my lawn . . .

I still do my own brakes, suspension, have rebuilt coolant systems, diagnosed and replaced assorted sensors, even repaired a dual climate control by taking half the dash apart. Plugs, coils, water pumps and anything short of a major engine or tranny malfunction.
I have saved myself thousands by learning repairs myself.
I still wrench on my snowmobiles and boat.

YouTube is a treasure for the DIY home repair guy.

not really .....but a tire is heavy and I'm only slim and small....

it's difficult for me....that's all

I'm talking only for me ok?
Don't know if you're in the US, but the tool my wife uses here is call a Triple A card--it is a road service insurance sold by the American Automobile Association for people in your situation.

I'll never forget that insurance company commercial where Mom is worried about her strapping, tall 16 year old son and his buddy getting stranded with a flat tire.
It was sad commentary on the state of American masculinity.
Here's a plan, mom. Teach the damn kid how to change a tire. Der.
Is this a trick question?

I'll never forget that insurance company commercial where Mom is worried about her strapping, tall 16 year old son and his buddy getting stranded with a flat tire.
It was sad commentary on the state of American masculinity.
Here's a plan, mom. Teach the damn kid how to change a tire. Der.

You get a knife, cut it up, and then glue it back together in the shape of a bull?

1708226350179.png

Forum List

Back