Do YOU Hope For Success or Failure?

Do you hope the President fails or succeeds?

• I hope he fails.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I hope he succeeds.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I don't care - I've already moved my assets to an off-shore account.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
How do you feel about President Obama? Whether you agree with his methods or not, his stated vision for America is not a bad vision...

Deep down, in your gut, do you hope he fails or succeeds?

-Joe

(P.S. - This thread is a poll... be patient, I don't type very fast)

Of course I hope for success. I want Obama to be the best President we ever had. I don't wish death upon him as the Liberals wished upon Bush.
I wish Obamas' successor to be the best President we ever had, regardless of political party. See the trend here?

But here's what I know: No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity. So I know Obamas' policies will fail. The sooner the better for all of us.

The question is irrelivent, as I know his polices will fail.

He himself was fond of saying that doing the same things over and over and expecting different results was the defintion of stupid, yet here he is doing what every all democrat government does, heavy spending and high taxes, and this in the face of a massive recession.

Can you give us the short version of his stated vision?

Only my opinion of it...

I think he sees an economic system which uses free enterprise, supported by government direction. I think he sees a system where big corporations are at least as beholding to the people who built the infrastructure they use as they are to the capitalists who provide the funds they use. I think he sees the natural resources of the planet as belonging to the people who walk on them and those people deserve to benefit from their exploitation.

Of course the scientific accuracy of the poll hinges on your opinion of his vision.

-Joe

President Obama is like a doctor telling us we may live if he amputates our legs, but he isn't sure it's going to work and it's never worked before, but whether we live or not we're going to get a bill from the hospital so large our great grandchildren won't be able to pay it off.

If you were the patient, how much enthusiasm could you work up for "success"?

Last edited:
President Obama is like a doctor telling us we may live if he amputates our legs, but he isn't sure it's going to work and it's never worked before, but whether we live or not we're going to get a bill from the hospital so large our great grandchildren will have to finish paying for it.

If you were the patient, how much enthusiasm could you work up for "success"?

Yeah, but assuming the President believes he will successfully turn the economy around by building and maintaining the infrastructure, making it possible to balance the budget by the middle of his first term and put the country on a track to pay off the deficit with in 20 years, do you hope he succeeds or fails?

-Joe

Fail at nationalizing banks and creating more dependence on the federal government for survival, but succeed at withdrawing from the middle east in an effective manner that keeps the U.S above all safe.

Forum List

Back