Do You Have To Take Medication Daily for Anything?

Do You Take Daily Medication(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No (but I should)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Atenonol - to treat cardiac dysrhythmia and hypertension.
Sounds worse than what it is.
I have PAC...Premature Atrial Contractions, which is mostly harmless. My heartbeat will be "out of step" 50 times a day or more without the medicine. Which is annoying as hell. It is not a serious condition, but can cause undo stress and anxiety because our brains are hardwired to be alerted by anything heart related.

I have a "bundle branch block" but my cardiologist said it's just something i have to live with.
They can not read an EKG on me because of it.

Have you been tested? That could mean you have heart disease.

Yes definitely.
I had a very serious condition called Aortic Aneurysm, diagnosed when I was only 39. It was 6.8, but at 39 that was a ticking time bomb and virtual guarantee of open heart later in life.
.it simply reversed. It now measures 4.6.
A reversal does happen, but very rare and usually does not stay. It has been 4.6 for 2 years now, my cardiologist believes it will hold...that I am one of the ultra lucky people where the condition for unknown reasons just flat out fixes itself.
I am not a crying man. Something REALLY big has to happen for me to even get a lump in my throat...but when I got to my car that day after seeing the xray myself...I admit I had a couple tears. Great day!

:smiliehug:

I have PAC...Premature Atrial Contractions, which is mostly harmless. My heartbeat will be "out of step" 50 times a day or more without the medicine. Which is annoying as hell. It is not a serious condition, but can cause undo stress and anxiety because our brains are hardwired to be alerted by anything heart related.

I have a "bundle branch block" but my cardiologist said it's just something i have to live with.

They did a sonogram etc. saw nothing "amiss" - not sure there is anything they can do.
I guess I could get a 2nd opinion

Bonzi

You have a history of smoking and drinking heavily? Heart disease is a good possibility and you should ask to be checked with an echocardiogram or something.

I've had it all checked. I haven't had palpitations in a while, it was much worse when I was drinking though

They did a sonogram etc. saw nothing "amiss" - not sure there is anything they can do.
I guess I could get a 2nd opinion

Couldn't hurt. Was it a cardiologist or your PCP that you saw? Why do you have a cardiologist if you don't have heart disease?

No meds I don't even like to take ibuprofen when I'm sore from running. I believe drugs are a communist plot to take our freedoms away. JK, I just don't like taking stuff. I do recognize how difficult chronic pain, anxiety and sleeplessness is. Most of my family and relatives are on some form of Opiod or sleep med.

Then, if the opioid pain killers weren't bad enough, they came out with another drug that you can take when you take too many opioids, so you can take a shit.

No meds I don't even like to take ibuprofen when I'm sore from running. I believe drugs are a communist plot to take our freedoms away. JK, I just don't like taking stuff. I do recognize how difficult chronic pain, anxiety and sleeplessness is. Most of my family and relatives are on some form of Opiod or sleep med.

Yeah, I feel bad for people who have actual pain. Some people don't though, or they just have age-related aches and pains, like my landlord's son. Oxy is one of the most abused drugs in our country.

People are kind of wimpy now. I imagine a lot of people lived with a LOT more pain than what people are getting opioids for nowadays.

Forum List

Back