Do you have compassion for all innocent sentient creatures?

She's showing trust, that's wonderful. She's obviously falling for you as much as you've fallen for her. Nice to see.

As I started out...I never owned a cat & never wanted to.

But bringing this cat back to health has been cool! All I really want for her is to have a shot at life.

I still wonder out of all the yards around here to choose from...why did she pick mine/me?

Because she's wise.

Nawwww...I mean...it was my FENCED IN back yard...there are many yards easier to get into.

She sat for a long while meowing until I came outside...I walked right up to her & she didn't run, just meowed at me again.

She definitely picked my yard or me...I don't know why.

I told you --- because she's wise. She knew before you did that it was going to work out.

Animals are like that. Seen it happen many a time. :)

Yes, make abortion illegal!!! Life begins at conception per demonstrable science.
Yes, life begins at conception, but we're talking about SENTIENT life, including consciousness that exists in non-human animals.
Abortion is obviously a very controversial subject with many varying beliefs and opinions. It is my belief that an adult dog has much more sentience than a 1-week-old human embryo.
I say the mother should have final say about her unborn, whether she is human or not.

What do YOU think or feel is "ethical"? I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?.

I believe in compassion for the innocent. That includes the unborn and the children still in arms. By age three or four, innocence has gone. In a family with more than one child it will be even sooner than that.

Once innocence is lost, I have no compassion for anyone.
Innocence is gone by age 3 or 4? What about the "terrible" 2-year-olds?
Maybe we should define human "innocence"! Some say kids are innocent to various degrees as "minors", and can MATURE in later years. Maybe human nature can be nurtured at later ages. Maybe not!

Yes, make abortion illegal!!! Life begins at conception per demonstrable science.
Yes, life begins at conception, but we're talking about SENTIENT life, including consciousness that exists in non-human animals.
Abortion is obviously a very controversial subject with many varying beliefs and opinions. It is my belief that an adult dog has much more sentience than a 1-week-old human embryo.
I say the mother should have final say about her unborn, whether she is human or not.

I'm talking about human life which is more important than sentient life. If that's your attitude, then why can't humans kill all sentient life humanely because they want to.

ETA: Actually, the solution is to neuter the humans who choose to have abortions. We do that to control the dog and cat population.

Last edited:
What do YOU think or feel is "ethical"? I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?.

I believe in compassion for the innocent. That includes the unborn and the children still in arms. By age three or four, innocence has gone. In a family with more than one child it will be even sooner than that.

Once innocence is lost, I have no compassion for anyone.
Innocence is gone by age 3 or 4? What about the "terrible" 2-year-olds?
Maybe we should define human "innocence"! Some say kids are innocent to various degrees as "minors", and can MATURE in later years. Maybe human nature can be nurtured at later ages. Maybe not!

That is so. . .

Ignore worthy.

I'm talking about human life which is more important than sentient life. If that's your attitude, then why can't humans kill all sentient life humanely because they want to.

ETA: Actually, the solution is to neuter the humans who choose to have abortions. We do that to control the dog and cat population.

all life beings are sentient and equally important - what is not important is humans using high powered rifles to shot everything living in site - bond.

to neuter is no different than an abortion except in the minds of the sadistic - bond.

all life beings are sentient and equally important - what is not important is humans using high powered rifles to shot everything living in site - bond.

to neuter is no different than an abortion except in the minds of the sadistic - bond.

Why are you telling me this? Tell that idiot ViewFromAbove about 1) human life is more important than sentient life and 2) sentient life deserves to live and die humanely. You don't just kill them for no reason.

Why are you telling me this? Tell that idiot ViewFromAbove about 1) human life is more important than sentient life and 2) sentient life deserves to live and die humanely. You don't just kill them for no reason.
Actually, the solution is to neuter the humans who choose to have abortions.

human life is more important than sentient life

the blank check christian -

upload_2020-3-1_19-32-32.jpeg

your big on sentient life, just not in your neighborhood. christians, the desert religions can't wait till they are all dead. but abortion, a woman's right for the decision they have made is somehow different.

Forum List

Back