Do you have compassion for all innocent sentient creatures?

Yes, make abortion illegal!!! Life begins at conception per demonstrable science.

Yes, make abortion illegal!!! Life begins at conception per demonstrable science.

life began with the elements and has progressed ever since ...
sometimes one wonders if they really are serious or not - conception so he can eat them latter for dinner what difference is there or turning Garden Earth into an asphalt jungle.

images

best to burn the desert books and start over again ... recorded history beckons.

Thank you for rescuing her. Please take her to a vet to have her checked and spayed,

That's a conundrum.

I asked all around the neighborhood & checked on-line & nobody is missing a cat that fits kittys description.

Getting to know her, she has shown me EVERY sign that she's been abused (and I've never even raised my voice to her)...I think her tail was even broken. I massage the base of her spine & it gives her great relief.

It was 3 months of good nutrition before I saw her run for the first time.

But if I bring her to a vet...and she's chipped...they'll take her away from me. I would have no problem if she was going to a good home...but I don't want her to go back to an abusive home.

WTF do I do?

You load up on cat food, that's what.

Thank you for rescuing her. Please take her to a vet to have her checked and spayed,

That's a conundrum.

I asked all around the neighborhood & checked on-line & nobody is missing a cat that fits kittys description.

Getting to know her, she has shown me EVERY sign that she's been abused (and I've never even raised my voice to her)...I think her tail was even broken. I massage the base of her spine & it gives her great relief.

But if I bring her to a vet...and she's chipped...they'll take her away from me. I would have no problem if she was going to a good home...but I don't want her to go back to an abusive home.

WTF do I do?
Please take her to the vet. If she IS chipped, and I doubt she is, the previous owners don't deserve to have her back. Taking her to the vet will find if she has any medical problems and will let you know whether or not she's been spayed.

That's a conundrum.

WTF do I do?
Please take her to the vet. If she IS chipped, and I doubt she is, the previous owners don't deserve to have her back. Taking her to the vet will find if she has any medical problems and will let you know whether or not she's been spayed.

If Thunk has an animal shelter in his town like ours, they can look her over and see if she's chipped, and a quick health assessment, pretty quick and for free.

Couple of years ago I stopped on the highway for a strange looking object in the middle of the road. Turned out to be a chihuahua, damn near freezing to death (it was like 23 degrees). I swung by the animal shelter, they took his pic and put it on their Nosebook page as an alert to anyone missing a dog. When I got home from town there was already a message on my answering machine from the owner who saw the post and he got reunited an hour later, same day.

I do agree though don't return the cat to its owners if their care was that bad.

Then again sometimes assholes who shouldn't be keeping pets will do something like drive them way out to some unfamiliar place and release them somewhere they have no idea where they are. I saw a car on my street do that (and the cat came straight to me).

What do YOU think or feel is "ethical"?
I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?

It seems to me there is too much greed and fighting between humans, who dominate this planet Earth.
Perhaps we can "come together" a bit more regarding our common priorities, such as the Pursuit of Happiness, including those of dogs, cats, elephants, whales, etc.
The American Indians used to thank the antelope or buffalo for their meat they where about to eat, the spirit of the animal they where about to consume. They did a prayer of thanks.
Siouxage

What do you expect from dumb savages who lived like Somalis on land that had the most valuable resources on earth? It is our duty to get rid of the feralphiles who have unearned power over this sickening and suicidal Postmodern culture.

What do YOU think or feel is "ethical"? I understand it is not practical to be compassionate toward ALL living sentient creatures who are born "innocent", but why not demonstrate compassion and respect for MOST animals, especially ALL people on this Earth?.

I believe in compassion for the innocent. That includes the unborn and the children still in arms. By age three or four, innocence has gone. In a family with more than one child it will be even sooner than that.

Once innocence is lost, I have no compassion for anyone.

I don't believe one should torture a dog for shits and giggles but I would gladly trade in an infinite amount of dogs for one human life.
Interesting. I don't necessarily disagree, but I will say that is pretty far fetched. How about a more realistic example:

Who should have more rights?:

A brain dead human, or a healthy chimpanzee?

"I would sacrifice every monkey on the planet to save one crackhead with AIDS."

-- Penn Jillette.

I can't disagree with the sentiment. Human life is ultimately more valuable than animal life.

I do agree though don't return the cat to its owners if their care was that bad.

And there's the conundrum.

They don't do a welfare check on animal cruelty. And I have no idea if it was or wasn't...she might have been abused AFTER she ran away.

But I'll tell you one instance where kitty tipped over a broom & it made a loud bang...she ran away from ME...FROM ME...thinking I was going to kick her kitty ass.

I had to get down & talk softly to her to coax her out from under an end-table where she was hiding and shaking. It took a while to convince her that I wasn't going to beat her...she seemed confused as to why I wasn't.

The "trust building" is still ongoing.

And there's the conundrum.

They don't do a welfare check on animal cruelty. And I have no idea if it was or wasn't...she might have been abused AFTER she ran away.

But I'll tell you one instance where kitty tipped over a broom & it made a loud bang...she ran away from ME...FROM ME...thinking I was going to kick her kitty ass.

I had to get down & talk softly to her to coax her out from under an end-table where she was hiding and shaking. It took a while to convince her that I wasn't going to beat her...she seemed confused as to why I wasn't.

The "trust building" is still ongoing.

You're a good cat owner, I can tell. Regardless of your own objections. :)

"I would sacrifice every monkey on the planet to save one crackhead with AIDS."

-- Penn Jillette.

I can't disagree with the sentiment. Human life is ultimately more valuable than animal life.

Negged.

Speciescentrist.

a creature is sentient, it ain't innocent.
Innocence comes in degrees.

Innocence is a binary state... either you are, or you aren't.

Unlike Mr Schrodinger's pets.

blog_schrodinger1.jpg

There are no binary states outside of electromagnetism (and even then....)

Basically the world is divided into two types of people --- those who divide people into two types, and those who do not.

That crowd in Group One, they're all wrong.

It seems to me we are seeing more and more videos of animals of all types doing caring things to each other and other animals. Are they sentient or is it instinct? It seems we are going to be slowly weened off of eating meats. Is a pig the same as a dog? It seems we are going there.

Forum List

Back